hmmm, just tried to launch the stable release and I also had difficulties today to launch it. Removing your mod fixed the issue. May not be due to dev / stable build. Maybe some conflict with other addon.. can't say.

Hey, buddy, you are so lucky that I found the reason of the freezing problem, you know what, all caused by the "Error: Failed to open file a3\sounds_f\characters\footsteps\dirt_walk_new_6.wav

Cannot load sound 'a3\sounds_f\characters\footsteps\dirt_walk_new_6.wav', if your avatar walk on some kind of dirt ground, the game can't found the footstep sound, so it keeps writing error messages into rpt file, and cause the stuttering problem, none of my addon problems. If you don't believe it, your may load with no any mods and goof around the 020056 area, you will definitely feel stutter.

The latest dev build sucks, they want to try some sound effect, but forgot to pack new sound wav files, so we have to wait and see the next dev build.

Is it just me or does it say signed on Armaholic, but it doesnt include a key?

Would it be possible to add a key to it so we can use it with signature verification?

Thx in advance mate. Its a great mod, but worthless without a key :( At least for me heh

Signature verification is the only kind of "anti-cheat" we have atm so would very much like to use it at all times.

Hey, buddy, you are so lucky that I found the reason of the freezing problem, you know what, all caused by the "Error: Failed to open file a3\sounds_f\characters\footsteps\dirt_walk_new_6.wav

Cannot load sound 'a3\sounds_f\characters\footsteps\dirt_walk_new_6.wav', if your avatar walk on some kind of dirt ground, the game can't found the footstep sound, so it keeps writing error messages into rpt file, and cause the stuttering problem, none of my addon problems. If you don't believe it, your may load with no any mods and goof around the 020056 area, you will definitely feel stutter.

The latest dev build sucks, they want to try some sound effect, but forgot to pack new sound wav files, so we have to wait and see the next dev build.

I have no stutter at all. And I think people were talking about loading mods when you launch the game. Not when you launch a mission. Your mod definitely has an issue at the start of the game. Nothing to do with dirt_walk.wav :)

Hi,

ok, just to confirm this is working with my Stable build (After reverting back from Dev a few days back) now.

It takes about 2-3mins after freezing on the ADDONS LOADING part, but then works fine.

Btw it looks f*^&^*g fantastic..!!! :D

Good job..!

I dunno for sure, they are just wound texture, anyway I will help you to check if it can be done.

Thanks man! But of course it's nothing major, just a personal preference in case it's an easy tweak for you to have a "blood disabled" version. If not, no problem.

I just find it unrealistic to see lots of blood instantly appear all over a character model the second a bullet hits. The best effect would be your mist, no blood decals on the texture, but the blood pooling effect on the ground.

I can't get it running. Starting Arma3 always freezes at "Loading Addons".

I tried to wait for a couple of minutes, i tried it up to seven times in a row.

I had the same problem. If you're running developer build, try disabling it. Should work fine in regular alpha build.

I have tried both, dev build and stable build..

---The Dev build has lots of bugs, especially the missing files of footstep new sound, which cause lots of stutter. I have revert to the Alpha stable. If you have problem with the stable, it might beacuse you didn't revert it properly.

I am always playing on the stable alpha build. I have already switched between the dev and stable build about 4-5 times just to test this addon.

Any news on the keys? :)

-----You may download this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17487, which contains my keys

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

I am always playing on the stable alpha build. I have already switched between the dev and stable build about 4-5 times just to test this addon.

---I have no idea how you suffer this, it works well in my computer, maybe it was caused by addon confict, sorry mate, I can't help you.

I just started having this problem out of nowhere. The mod was working fine for me on stable alpha build and then all of a sudden it started locking up on Loading Addons. After trial and error the only mod that caused the freeze-up was the Blood Mist mod. I didn't add any new mods or do any updates that I know of. I'd really like to get this working again because I liked the way it looked in game.

I'm having the same problem as many others in this thread and it definitely is the Bloodmist Mod causing the issue. I -have- learned, however, that if you wait for awhile the game does eventually initialise the addons and start.

It's a great addon however, does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it well. It's just a shame about whatever it is that's causing the massive delay, I'm sure it's something small.

I get the same problem, using only this mod the game will freeze at Loading Addons on the dev build.

I'm having the same problem as many others in this thread and it definitely is the Bloodmist Mod causing the issue. I -have- learned, however, that if you wait for awhile the game does eventually initialise the addons and start.

It's a great addon however, does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it well. It's just a shame about whatever it is that's causing the massive delay, I'm sure it's something small.

I have seen this delay happen and still happens with just CBA, I cannot see this being the issue with this mod... give it some extra time and all is loaded.

-VRCRaptor

- love this mod though... adds just enough! :)

I would really like to use this mod... but I haven't a clue on how to install this. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would really like to use this mod... but I haven't a clue on how to install this. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Copied and pasted from armaholic:

Installation:

Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:

32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/

64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/

After extraction it should look like this:

Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/@your_mod_folder_name

You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:

mydocuments\Arma3 Alpha\@your_mod_folder_name\

Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".

You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name

For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:

-mod=@mod_name;@mod_name2;@mod_name3;@mod_name4;@mod_name5

Installed and really like it :) Will be keeping this

The only issue i have is like others, You get a huge delay when launching the game with it, loading screen hangs at the addons part but it does eventully load and it's a good addon.

This is a pretty awesome mod. I like mods that do little things like this, and not overdue it so much.

Edited by abusethehunt
Didn't complete my first sentence, haha.

I am wondering if blood is not the first to show on impact, at least on 6.5 and less caliber weapons and body shots. I think and because most likely the soldiers been out of the cleaners for a few hours and due to layers of uniform/vest, that a small dust puff should be evident first on the impact site.

Installed and really like it :) Will be keeping this

The only issue i have is like others, You get a huge delay when launching the game with it, loading screen hangs at the addons part but it does eventully load and it's a good addon.

This mod is a simple CFG Patches, you'll find your hang on load is probably dude to some bug in an update somewhere. I've been using this from the start and never had any issues.