This little mod adds blood mist effect when a bullet hitting body.It may not be real, just for increasing game experience.

This addon uses ArmA3's new particle texture, will it work in MP, yes of course!

Download Link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23089360/Blood+Mist.zip

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Is it possible for you to have the mist come out of specific hit points? I really like your mod and I think it could be more realistic for only head, arms, and leg shots for troops and anywhere on civilians.

File not found :(

Can anyone upload this elsewhere ? I don't seem to download it from GameFront. I'd really like to give this a try :)

Edited by M4Mkey

Just what I was looking to do myself but couldn't get it to make it work. thank you Lao Fei Mao!

Ok, someone sent me the file from this addon. I wasn't able to download it from GameFront. Anyway, the game freezes on addon loading with this mod on. Did you tried it on dev build ?

Will try when I get home. Does it trigger if Blood is off in the settings? Cause I'd like to have this effect but without the bloody body textures that appear on a killed character.

Ok, someone sent me the file from this addon. I wasn't able to download it from GameFront. Anyway, the game freezes on addon loading with this mod on. Did you tried it on dev build ?

Same problem here..

---That couldn't be, are you sure you got the right one? cause I have ever made one for arma2, what if you get is for ArmA2, then the game will definitely freeze.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Is it possible for you to have the mist come out of specific hit points? I really like your mod and I think it could be more realistic for only head, arms, and leg shots for troops and anywhere on civilians.

----Yes, it is possible, will do it like that in the next update version. One glad thing about ArmA3 is that "hit" value could be related to the hitting effect size, which means the bigger ammo gonna cause bigger size of hitting effect, bigger blood mist

Just tried Mao, and I confirm. This doesn't work with latest dev build. Works great with stable release though !

Just tried Mao, and I confirm. This doesn't work with latest dev build. Works great with stable release though !

----I've never updated my ArmA3 to dev build, I'm gonna update dev build version and see if can solve it

I downloaded it from the ARMAHOLIC site and it too freezes on loading addons...

I am on stable build here.

Had the same issue. At first, it froze completely and after a few further attempts, it took a very long time but eventually loaded.

Nice job Mao, looks great in game, will be using it from now on. Do you know if you can make it work without Blood being enabled in the settings? My simple preference is not having blood decals on enemy bodies (I find it less realistic generally speaking to see super bloody bodies), but being able to see your mist effect on impact. Possible you think?

All the best and thanks for the great effect.

Nice job Mao, looks great in game, will be using it from now on. Do you know if you can make it work without Blood being enabled in the settings? My simple preference is not having blood decals on enemy bodies (I find it less realistic generally speaking to see super bloody bodies), but being able to see your mist effect on impact. Possible you think?

All the best and thanks for the great effect.

----I dunno for sure, they are just wound texture, anyway I will help you to check if it can be done.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

It freezes on both stable and dev build for me ...

---I bet you guys have update the dev build, which changed the CA_Data.pbo in ArmA3\Addons\. My ArmA3 is still the day one version, never updated. And I load my the mod smoothly, never freeze. Anyway, I can help you guys found out the reason and release an update version.

Great mod, but the size of the mist is currently more correct for a .50 cal round, or hollow point in my opinion, which isn't the most common round used. Sounds like the next step'll be making the blood spatter correlate to the bullet type, I can't wait!

Great work!

So this works only on the stable versione (no Dev version)?

Yay!

Any update about the fix please..?

I just update to 0.51.103185, no any long time load, no any freeze ,everything works fine, dunno how you guys complain it?

hmmm, just tried to launch the stable release and I also had difficulties today to launch it. Removing your mod fixed the issue. May not be due to dev / stable build. Maybe some conflict with other addon.. can't say.