R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces [WIP]

An update to show the progress on the Infantry:

Nogovan Infantry in Arid Camo - http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma3/arma3-2015-05-13-23-50-28-923.jpg (114 kB)

Nogovan Highland Ranger in Nogovan Oak Camo - http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma3/arma3-2015-05-13-22-47-24-067.jpg (114 kB)

Further information and screenshots can be found on my website: http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/

Edited by R0adki11

Great to see you're still working on them R0adki11. :) Those camouflages look splendid. :D

So for A3 the T-55AM2 is going to be the mainstay of the overall armored forces? (tank-wise that is)

And if so, in what year is the modification supposed to take place? 1990's, 2000's?

Regardless, good to have this mod reappear for A3. Please do keep up the excellent effort. :)

Great to see you're still working on them R0adki11. :) Those camouflages look splendid. :D

So for A3 the T-55AM2 is going to be the mainstay of the overall armored forces? (tank-wise that is)

And if so' date=' in what year is the modification supposed to take place? 1990's, 2000's?

Regardless, good to have this mod reappear for A3. Please do keep up the excellent effort. :)[/quote']

At the moment im not sure of the year the modification is going to take place, i may stay with a 2000s era or may go for the 2035 era that Arma3 is set in. Either way i still would like get the T-55 variations in game to offer something different.

Also in this A3 Version i plan to include an OPFOR for my Nogovan's to fight against, perhaps Kolgujev has raised an army and annexed part of Everon or Malden. Not sure at the moment what it will be, but i would rather have a traditional armed forces group for them to fight against.

Edited by R0adki11

Just out of interest, what does the Nogovan Air Force consist of?

At present i am unsure, in previous version including OFP/Arma2 i had a variety of airpower. In the Arma3 form of this mod i will be probably be going for the following initially:

• C130
  • AN-2
  • UH1
  • Mi-8 or Chinook
  • Hellcat - skinned NAF colours

For fighter jets im undecided at present, i may try to port the Mig21's i had in the Arma2 version, but other than that im not sure at present.

• Like 1

Ohhh please, R0adkill, port the Fishbed, it would be awesome to have a Soviet Legacy jet to play with.... AussieCrash is porting the MiG-23 Flogger for Isla Duala, Su-22 is already in, then we would only need a FoxBat to sum up the "Soviet Skies Trinity" (counting only the MiGs, of course lol)

BTW, there wasn´t Nogovan´s A-4s on OPF? I may be confusing with VBS-1 jets ;)

cheers!

• Like 1

;2937463']Ohhh please' date=' R0adkill, port the Fishbed, it would be awesome to have a Soviet Legacy jet to play with.... AussieCrash is porting the MiG-23 Flogger for Isla Duala, Su-22 is already in, then we would only need a FoxBat to sum up the "Soviet Skies Trinity" (counting only the MiGs, of course lol)

BTW, there wasn´t Nogovan´s A-4s on OPF? I may be confusing with VBS-1 jets ;)

cheers![/quote']

Please Mig-21 port!!!!!! I need him

I will certainly look at the Mig21, but i need to clarify the permissions surrounding it as i had permission for my A2 mod, but not necessarily for my A3 mod. Not sure if there were Nogovan A4s, if so they were not made by me anyway. However I did release a Mig21, Mig23 and Mig27 for OFP though.

Also its worthy to note im the only one making this mod, so if i can do the Mig21 i can't really say when it will be released.

• Like 1

Added a new poll to the thread, i plan to include an OPFOR not sure what type, please vote if you can.

Kolgujev Armed Forces (enough irregular forces on ArmA, we need more strong enemies to challenge our troops ;)

• Like 1

I say for Kolgujev Armed Forces too, an enemy of equal force will be refreshing, instead of another guerilla force.

KAF, based on Soviet gear as how it was used in 'ArmA: Cold War Crisis.' You know, dudes with KLMK camouflage, AK-74's, and perhaps a few (but very rare) fully operational T-72's and BMP's from old Soviet stock that was left on the island of Kolgujev, after Guba's been dealt with.. Or perhaps they do have their own camouflage uniforms by now, which fits to their terrain? Your call R0adki11, but I hope you'd opt for doing a Kolgujev Armed Forces thingy. :) Anyways, thanks a lot for the effort so far!

Maybe the KAF, more or less along the lines have the same capabilities as CDF, but older less maintained and far fewer resources, relying on mostly Infantry and a coast guard type presence .

article-1043776-023F7D3800000578-890_468x639.jpg

b9c4728792b854e58eb2ed8bc9a7b32d.jpg

Edited by yevgeni89

Sounds like a logical idea for the KAF - they probably will be backed by Russia in some form. The scenario for the mod will be based around that tensions in the region are flaring up again, after oil and gas resources have been found in the Nogovan Republic Territory Waters.

At present, although this is subject to change and time im looking at having the following factions:

Nogovan Armed Forces (NAF) - aligned with BLUFOR

This incorporates the following units:

Land Forces:

Nogovan Light Infantry

Nogovan Highland Rangers

Nogovan Special Air Service - spec ops

Nogovan Light Horse - Armoured Units

Nogovan Artillery

Reservists:

Everon Defence Battalion - styled like the EDF mod from OFP

Nogovan Defence Battalion - based on FIA of old

Malden Defence Battalion

Air force

Nogovan Air force - all aircraft

Navy

Nogovan Navy - naval units

Kolgujev Armed Forces (KAF) aligned with OPFOR

Kolgujev Infantry

Kolgujev Marine Infantry

Kolgujev Motor Rifle Units

Kolgujev Spetsnaz

Armoured Units *

Airforce *

*Names have not been decided yet

Look really Interesting your project R0adki11! I think it will be a great mod!

Hope so, though its quite ambitious especially as its only me working on the mod.

Hope so..

Nah, don't get me wrong R0adki11; It has been, and in due time (I hope.) it will again be a great modification. :D

But now that BIS handed out some (binarized?) MLODS and other things amongst those, are these of any use to modders?

As for your mod, I hope you plan to do releases in various stages, but if not, it's also welcome to have it released all at once when it's done.

Anyways, best of luck as per usual. :)

A small update, i found some time to look at this addon after reinstalling Windows 10 and reinstalling Arma3 and Arma3 Tools. I am at the stage now that most of the infantry classes have been created, others still need creating. I am now looking at what vehicles to use/include, at present i have a few Arma3 vehicles re-skinned but i also want to include other vehicles. But as the Nogovan Armed Forces still use lots of ex Soviet equipment, i was looking at adding a dependency of either CUP or RHS. I am mindful of creating dependencies, as its more to download, but there is no need to reinvent the wheel if its already been done ;).

Anyway if people could let me know of their opinions that would be appreciated.

RHS yes please. CUP no thanks. 

And can i ask what you reason is behind that? Whats wrong with CUP, compared to RHS?

I would prefere CUP, because it should then work with all the other stuff that is close to vanilla.

Sure RHS has like a neat vehicle Damage system and such, but I would prefere consistency in behaviour no matter what addons RPG i use to blow up a nogovan tank. And I think CUP is then the better bet.

And I cant wait to shoot some Kolgujev forces on M.S.K.E.!

• Like 1

I would prefere CUP, because it should then work with all the other stuff that is close to vanilla.

Sure RHS has like a neat vehicle Damage system and such, but I would prefere consistency in behaviour no matter what addons RPG i use to blow up a nogovan tank. And I think CUP is then the better bet.

And I cant wait to shoot some Kolgujev forces on M.S.K.E.!

That's a good point regarding CUP and Vanilla game play - i had forgot that RHS has its own vehicle damage system.

Argh, I was going to Like many of the posts here. Unfortunately I got this error: :p

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with CUP but there are a few reasons I like RHS over CUP. 

Realism is probably the biggest factor. The quality and detail of the units, vehicles, etc is just top notch and I have yet to see it be matched. The damage system is superb as well and makes fighting that much more interesting. 

It would also seem to me that with the units you are trying to create, RHS offers a much larger array of eastern type gear for some more customization and individuality. 

Just my two cents. Always loved your mod in ArmA 2, eager to see it in A3. 

• Like 1