R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces [WIP]

Nice work man. I loved your NA also for ArmA2, but could you be so nice and release a version with more "modern" weapons?

Could you clarify what you mean by more modern weapons? The Nogovan Republic is the original 3 Islands from OFP, so doesn't have a huge military budget. Modernised G3s and HK32 are quite sufficient. You will not find then armed with Scar's etc.

Also as abit of background, check out my about section on my mod website.

Edited by R0adki11

I would consider giving the nagovan armed forces a stronger naval force due to being island based (ie. AAVs, Amphibious APCs like the LAV-25, Speedboats like A2s RHIB) also have you considered porting over the PASGT helmet from Arma 2 for the mod (usmc helmet), if you want you can message me if you do plan to and i can whip up a texture for you. I am willing to help since my partner is on vacation atm

I think the soviet Patrol era patrol boats would be a nice addition nothing fancy a pkm,dshk,ags 17 for armament simple chicken plate for the gunner and driver for armored protection.

also have you considered porting over the PASGT helmet from Arma 2 for the mod (usmc helmet)

That brings up another point, the could be said for the vest and ACR content, mainly been eye balling the ACR Tatra trucks the uparmored ones, makes a little sense nogova has a Czech essence about them the praga from ofp the sa58's, could argue that camo was the czech version of leibermuster haha, so maybe a semi modern tatra up armored wouldn't be too far fetched.

I would consider giving the nagovan armed forces a stronger naval force due to being island based (ie. AAVs, Amphibious APCs like the LAV-25, Speedboats like A2s RHIB) also have you considered porting over the PASGT helmet from Arma 2 for the mod (usmc helmet), if you want you can message me if you do plan to and i can whip up a texture for you. I am willing to help since my partner is on vacation atm

In a 2035 Scenario Nogovan may have decided to invest in a stronger Naval Forces as part of the Green Sea Alliance. Though not sure what vehicles i will include as of yet, plenty of ideas on the cards.

I think the soviet Patrol era patrol boats would be a nice addition nothing fancy a pkm,dshk,ags 17 for armament simple chicken plate for the gunner and driver for armored protection.

These would certainly be quite unique and some of them could be moderized and updated.

That brings up another point, the could be said for the vest and ACR content, mainly been eye balling the ACR Tatra trucks the uparmored ones, makes a little sense nogova has a Czech essence about them the praga from ofp the sa58's, could argue that camo was the czech version of leibermuster haha, so maybe a semi modern tatra up armored wouldn't be too far fetched.

I have an idea for a few Czech vehicles i wish to use, including the Tatra Trucks as PV3S Trucks will be abit out of date. Also i would like to include the T-72M4 CZ as the main battle tank of the NAF.

Edited by R0adki11

R0adki11, would you please make sure by means of configuration, that the frontal arc of the T-72M4 CZ is able to withstand an extra hit when shots are fired on the ERA-esque blocs, when compared to a regular T-72 that is having no additional armor? (the latter is knocked-out/blown up with two to three shots APFSDS.) For example the Arma2 vanilla Takistani T-72 is slightly stronger then the Czech T-72M4, this simply cannot be right, as the Taki hasn't got any extra armor on it..

Thanks for your time, effort, and consideration. :)

In a 2035 Scenario Nogovan may have decided to invest in a stronger Naval Forces as part of the Green Sea Alliance. Though not sure what vehicles i will include as of yet, plenty of ideas on the cards.
Depends on how "big" you would think that the Nogovan maritime force tried to go... maybe to the extent of Swedish Forces Pack's Norrköping-class?

This mod looks great really looking forward to seeing that MiG 21 in ARMA 3.

R0adki11' date=' would you please make sure by means of configuration, that the frontal arc of the T-72M4 CZ is able to withstand an extra hit when shots are fired on the ERA-esque blocs, when compared to a regular T-72 that is having no additional armor? (the latter is knocked-out/blown up with two to three shots APFSDS.) For example the Arma2 vanilla Takistani T-72 is slightly stronger then the Czech T-72M4, this simply cannot be right, as the Taki hasn't got any extra armor on it..

Thanks for your time, effort, and consideration. :)[/quote']

Sure i would look at doing that :)

Depends on how "big" you would think that the Nogovan maritime force tried to go... maybe to the extent of Swedish Forces Pack's Norrköping-class?

Perhaps something like that, patrol boats, fast attack craft. Not a massive naval force it would be designed for coastal patrol.#

This mod looks great really looking forward to seeing that MiG 21 in ARMA 3.

Depending on permission this could be included, i would certainly like to have a Mig 21 LanceR included which is essentially an upgraded Mig21 airframe.

@all thanks for the great suggestions so far, its quite a help for me. They will all go into the melting pot :)

Edited by R0adki11

Some updates, finally got round to getting the Ak2 Battle Rifles working in game. The Ak2 is the Nogovan Armed Forces designation for the G3 Battle Rifle, though in Nogovan service it will come in a number of variants and types. These will include:

Ak2

AK2A1 - folding stock

Ak2A2 - further modernised

Also i plan to include in the weapon pack Hk32s.

Anyway heres a screenshot:

Nogovan Light Infantry Rifleman - with Ak2 Rifle - texture on the helmet will be changed in due course this was my first experiment of porting a helmet.

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/NAF-test-7.jpg

Edited by R0adki11

Hey Roadkill, I know you have been doing some ArmA 3 modding work for some time, and I thought I remember you mentioning you were going to make a battle rifle pack? Is this correct? If so, does that mean that these weapons, the ak2, hk32 you are mentioning are going to be included in there, and then it is a requirement for this mod? Or they will be present in two forms, one being redundant of the other? (ie: if you have this, you dont need battle rifles pack)

Hopefully I understood what you meant before.

Thanks.

Hey Roadkill, I know you have been doing some ArmA 3 modding work for some time, and I thought I remember you mentioning you were going to make a battle rifle pack? Is this correct? If so, does that mean that these weapons, the ak2, hk32 you are mentioning are going to be included in there, and then it is a requirement for this mod? Or they will be present in two forms, one being redundant of the other? (ie: if you have this, you dont need battle rifles pack)

Hopefully I understood what you meant before.

Thanks.

Hi MikeTim, thanks for your interest.

I have been planning on making a battle rifle pack, however i am unsure what i will be releasing now as i have found of late i don't always have the time to work on it. Unfortunately real life has had to take priority in recent months, also i have been distracted by other things, so progress has been very slow. At present the Ak2 (G3 and Variants) and Hk32 will be in the weapon pack. An FnFal will certainly be included, an M14 may find its way in.

To answer your questions, the Nogovan Infantry addon will require the weapon pack, as the weapon pack will include all standard rifles used by the Nogovan Armed Forces.

Thanks

Edited by R0adki11

Sounds cool dude.

Hopefully you are able to work on it soon, I know what you are saying, I had a whole week of tests, just took one an hour ago :(

I am curious what type of camo or whatever you are using for these guys, I cannot really tell from the photos.

Thanks for working on these mods.

Sounds cool dude.

Hopefully you are able to work on it soon, I know what you are saying, I had a whole week of tests, just took one an hour ago :(

I am curious what type of camo or whatever you are using for these guys, I cannot really tell from the photos.

Thanks for working on these mods.

The camo which is been used in Nogovan Oak, it is a custom camo originally developed by Edge for his Resistance Fighters for OFP. As can be found in this screenshot: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics2/fiaguerrillas02.gif

I do also intend to use MTP which i used on my Paratroopers as in the Arma2 version of the mod.

Cheers

Just a quick update, this mod is still progress yet very slow.

Small update, added a poll to see if i should continue with the project. If you could vote that would be appreciated, and if you have any ideas or questions please feel free to post.

Also perhaps say why you voted "Yes" or "No"? :).

Edited by R0adki11

I voted "yes" because I liked the mod of what it was for Arma2. :) So I would love to see it return for Arma3. :D

And thanks for all the effort, so far!

Don't give up on it R0adki11! Keep it alive. It has tons of potential.

@Thani'82 and Sakai thanks for the comment. I hope to release something in the new year, ive been tweaking a few ideas. Things are starting to look like:

Units:

• Nogovan Light Infantry - these will be retextured AAF Units with Nogovan Oak Uniforms
  • Nogovan Paratroopers - these will be rextexured AAF Units with Nogovan Oak and MTP Uniforms
  • Nogovan Highland Rangers - mixture of camos dependent on role.

Weapons:

• my own ported weapons pack from Arma2 maybe used, which includes several versions of G3 rifles
  • CUP Weapon pack for Arma2 style weapons

Thanks for everyone's kind words its much appreciated, here are some other WIP screenshots. Animations still need to be corrected on these, as well as fixing the sights so they fold down correctly and also the fire selector needs to be animated. But they are looking good so far :)

AK2A1 - Ak2 with folding stock - http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma3/107410_2013-03-19_00001.png

AK2A2 - Folding stock and further modernisation - http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma3/107410_2013-03-19_00002.png

hey roadkill looking good, ever got around to using that nogovan oak camo i made for you?

hey roadkill looking good, ever got around to using that nogovan oak camo i made for you?

Yea, its what my Nogovan Light Infantry use :)

I know I've been away for long time and such but if theres anything I can help let me know! in 2015 I should have more free time as I'm going to go back to college studying Game Design beside working full time with only one day off... Hit me up anytime if you need help and such! my skills are rusty but I could help beta test and perhaps do small retextures ^^; especially if you need camouflages I will hit you up with links!