R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces [WIP]

Thank's for pointing me toward this man, I will be sure to download and spread the word. Your doing a nice job :) (Also a full battle rifles pack would be pretty awesome!)

Any word on that beta? I'm so very ready for this. Sorry if I'm being impatient haha

No update at the moment, i have alot of things going on at the moment in real life (i am in process of buying my first house). I do hope to finish off the models soon as i can, as a side note i intend use Alwarren excellent FHQ Accessories pack for attachments rather than making my own pack of attachments :)

Does that mean that we can expect external mod dependency? :( Or rather "ship with iron sights and BI attachment support", a config to allow FHQ Accessories, and then mission makers can be the ones to make use of the two together?

Does that mean that we can expect external mod dependency? :( Or rather "ship with iron sights and BI attachment support", a config to allow FHQ Accessories, and then mission makers can be the ones to make use of the two together?

Im currently thinking of the two config approach so that users can choose which one to use, either a BIS version or FHQ version. When i started this project, i did intend to make my own attachments pack. But lately i just don't have the time :(

I thought i would update everyone, where i am at with this. Im in process of moving house, so this is going to have to go hold for the time being. Apologies for those who were looking forward to a release.

Cheers

R0adki11

Hi all, just a quick update. Unfortuately due to real life and other mod commitments this Nogoavan Armed Forces Project is on hiatus until further notice

Edited by R0adki11

What's your current plan for the scope of this mod, considering how much has become available since the OP? Everything from the new tools to the new samples (including now both a helo and a jet)...

What's your current plan for the scope of this mod, considering how much has become available since the OP? Everything from the new tools to the new samples (including now both a helo and a jet)...

Current plans are to release some infantry and perhaps my own custom weapon pack. From there i intend to add more content as i am able to, i don't have a roadmap at present. I would like it to be on a similar scale to my Arma2 Mod, but it all depends on my free time and I also have my commitments to the Project ASTFOR Mod.

With thanks to the new tools, including samples etc. I put together that basic rifleman in about 4 hours of work last night, so new things are certainly possible. :)

Great to see this coming back for arma3, one more member of the green sea nations coming back to life.

• Like 1

Great to see this coming back for arma3, one more member of the green sea nations coming back to life.

Thanks :). Troska Troop is been prepared to be deployed to Altis as part of a Nogovan Task Force.

Heres another Screenshot of WIP: http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma3/NAF-test-6.jpg (656 kB)

Do you think you're going to keep those ECH/ACH helmets?, they seem very modern, I was thinking more along the lines of the AAF helmets, since youve used the pasgt helmets for previous versions.

I'd talk the the HAF (Greek) mod people. They had a HK21E in A1 and I believe they have it planned in A3.

Do you think you're going to keep those ECH/ACH helmets?, they seem very modern, I was thinking more along the lines of the AAF helmets, since youve used the pasgt helmets for previous versions.

My current thinking is the ECH/ACH will be used by the Nogovan Highland Rangers, as they are special forces who will get better kit. AAF Helmets would be a better choice for the Light Infantry and Paratroopers. Although i am planning on porting some Arma2 Czech equipment, especially as i already did the textures for my Nogovan A2 Version.

I'd talk the the HAF (Greek) mod people. They had a HK21E in A1 and I believe they have it planned in A3.

I may want to include such a rifle, not sure yet. May just have the MK48 and MG3 as machine guns.

Current thinking is that i follow the same weapons choices as my A2 Nogovans, but with some variations as some weapon systems will have been retired. Also as Nogovan is part of the Green Sea Defence Pact, which means some equipment needs to be interchangeable with alliance members.

Edited by R0adki11

So will the crews for armored vehicles receive the old school ussr tankers helmet or the AAF crewman helmets, and czech equipement like vests?, I think their mi helicopter would make a nice addition as would their dingo/mrap.

Maybe it could be a government purchase ;)

So will the crews for armored vehicles receive the old school ussr tankers helmet or the AAF crewman helmets, and czech equipement like vests?, I think their mi helicopter would make a nice addition as would their dingo/mrap.

Maybe it could be a government purchase ;)

They may get a new Helmet, or it might be just the helmet they used in my Arma2 version. I can't imagine the equipment of the Nogovan Light Horse will have changed much, perhaps new tanks but other equipment will be similar.

At present i haven't drawn up an Order of Battle, but im working on one.

The HK21 would be a fantastic addition to this mod it's a fantastic machingun!

I will see what's possible.

----

Thanks for your comments both, its much appreciated.

Keep up the fantastic work R0adki!

Really love it

Keep up the fantastic work R0adki!

Really love it

Thanks, will we see your: Forze Armate di Capraia reappearing for A3?

Thanks, will we see your: Forze Armate di Capraia reappearing for A3?

Its rather a good question for me... When A3 was beta it all kept crashing when working on it so I gave up, but I will see. I havent done a lot of texture work so it would probably wouldnt be popular with my rusty & shitty texture work xd

Its rather a good question for me... When A3 was beta it all kept crashing when working on it so I gave up, but I will see. I havent done a lot of texture work so it would probably wouldnt be popular with my rusty & shitty texture work xd

Nonsense I loved the FAC and doing joint ops with the NAF.

Nice work man. I loved your NA also for ArmA2, but could you be so nice and release a version with more "modern" weapons?