Sign in to follow this  
Nexerius

A prone lean is needed

I have played 200+ hours of arma 2 and OA (not counting project reality and dayz), and about 20-30 hours of ARMA 3

But i just now started to wonder why we dont have a "prone lean" or whatever you would call it.

It first came to me when i was proning and i pressed the inventory key, and saw him kinda moving to the side.

I really think a prone lean would be needed, sometimes rolling out of cover, or moving out from it is simply not enough. A lean while proning would be VERY helpful in way too many situations. Im sure many here would agree. :)

This would be fixed with holding Q or E, you lean, tapping those keys will make you roll.

(If nobody have noticed, if you tap Q/E will make you roll much faster than it should be possible. A prone lean would fix that.)

You have a prone lean using the stance adjuster but it's only on the right side.

A solution would be to remove that stance, and makes it so you can lean left or side while prone using the adjust stance key and left&right movement keys. Just like you can make a sidestep on either side using the adjust stance key while standing up.

Same goes with the low crouch stance which only leans on the right side. They could make it so you use the further crouch on either side only using the adjust key and both side movement keys.

This would make it much more natural and faster to use imo.

Edited by dunedain

You have a prone lean using the stance adjuster but it's only on the right side.

A solution would be to remove that stance, and makes it so you can lean left or side while prone using the stance adjuster key and left&right movement keys. Just like you can make a sidestep on either side using the stance adjuster while standing up.

What? What button is the stance adjuster? Youre not talking about the "C" key?

I think ive seen something about it, but ive never found out anything aout it.

Also, ive seen pictures and video of the game where the character is sitting and shooting, or (i think) hes kinda lying on his back. Know anything about that?

In the controls you have a "Adjust" key which is binded to left control by default if I'm not mistaken. You push that key and use the movement keys to adjust your stance.

Hello there

As others have said the adjust key + movement up down/left right/forwards back/ will alter your stance.

Rgds

LoK

In the controls you have a "Adjust" key which is binded to left control by default if I'm not mistaken. You push that key and use the movement keys to adjust your stance.

Oh really? I thought the CTRL key was only for changing the weapon "stance"

But i still think that it would be much better if prone lean was on the Q and E keys.

30 hours play and I never knew about the CTRL to change stance. DOH! :smiley-blunder:

I feel ashamed that i didnt know :(

Also, ive seen pictures and video of the game where the character is sitting and shooting, or (i think) hes kinda lying on his back. Know anything about that?

When you are prone if you press CTRL and W it will let you lie on your back with your sidearm and fire.

Mick. :)

Has anyone else tryed re-mapping their 'adjust' key? If I remap to mouse button#5 (side button), I lose the ability to toggle between scope and sights but the stance modifier still works :confused:

When you are prone if you press CTRL and W it will let you lie on your back with your sidearm and fire.

Mick. :)

Alright, cool :) thanks!

Funny thread.

Nex, hit CTRL + S while prone to change to right prone lean, tho optics can't be used in this stance. CTRL + W while prone is sniper sit stance - it provides the same weapon stability as regular prone, as well as elevates your FOV above grass level.

CTRL + S while crouched is lower crouch, CTRL+W is upper crouch.

CTRL + S while standing lowers the stance a bit, CTRL + W is kind of "lean over" (forward).

All of the above can be cycled through CTRL+S or W from the Standing lean over stance and into prone lean, without having to use the main stance keys.

There's a full body sidestep lean while standing/crouched - available via CTRL + A/D.

Dslyexci demo'd it one of his first A3A videos,

Must watch tbh, and the stances start @ 2:36.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I am really pleased with these stances by BIS, it has added so much. The sitting stance especially is impressive.

Good work on this BIS! :D

You are just lucky because the urban prone left and right might hit the dev build very soon :)

You are just lucky because the urban prone left and right might hit the dev build very soon :)

Wow. :icon_twisted: Is it going to work thru CTRL + A/D while prone? :icon_twisted:

hi smookie, for some of the stances, like low stand, low crouch, sit prone, etc, they don't have leg movement animations. they will be added in? same for gun emplacement, mortars, etc? thank you.

Sweet! can't wait :)

Cool! that would come in handy, ive been caught behind a rock a few times!

I have played 200+ hours of arma 2 and OA (not counting project reality and dayz), and about 20-30 hours of ARMA 3

But i just now started to wonder why we dont have a "prone lean" or whatever you would call it.

It first came to me when i was proning and i pressed the inventory key, and saw him kinda moving to the side.

I really think a prone lean would be needed, sometimes rolling out of cover, or moving out from it is simply not enough. A lean while proning would be VERY helpful in way too many situations. Im sure many here would agree. :)

This would be fixed with holding Q or E, you lean, tapping those keys will make you roll.

(If nobody have noticed, if you tap Q/E will make you roll much faster than it should be possible. A prone lean would fix that.)

That is nothing, I have played 3000+ and i agree with you 100%

+1

This right here made me want to play the dev build from now on.

I have not done that at all yet.

This right here made me want to play the dev build from now on.

I have not done that at all yet.

Wait for the next stable build's changelog, server incompatibility and the lack of QA may make the dev build not worthwhile to play.

Would it be possible to add an animation when you raise your body a bit while still remaining prone to look over the high crass and such?

Would it be possible to add an animation when you raise your body a bit while still remaining prone to look over the high crass and such?

Maybe ALT could get tweaked in that sense.

i just hope they make the use of urban prone left/right by using the lean keys while prone. evasive left/right makes you roll, but lean does nothing, make it the urban prone keys.