Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

How to make civilians as enemies, and equip them with weapons, some of the gear?

There is also a redress script (linked in my signature) the only issue is that you would still need to set the civs to an enemy side, it is not native in the script.

There is also a redress script (linked in my signature) the only issue is that you would still need to set the civs to an enemy side, it is not native in the script.

But if you're redressing OPFOR units you don't have to worry about making civilians enemy, which also means you can have unarmed civilians so there's something you don't shoot.

Redress is simpler than weird unit grouping which just looks a complete mess on the editor. I've actually got a couple of functions to quickly redress to FIA or a new faction called MFA (Militant Forces for Altis) based on the unit classname on my computer (Meaning that you can redress every CSAT unit with a couple of lines of code) if you'd like them.

That would be great thanks. Always looking for an easier way to do things in Arma.

But if you're redressing OPFOR units you don't have to worry about making civilians enemy, which also means you can have unarmed civilians so there's something you don't shoot.

Good point :p.

That would be great thanks. Always looking for an easier way to do things in Arma.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/bgrqim7qab22cn4/fn_redressFIA.sqf

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yzxgk16mfud6iji/fn_redressMFA.sqf

There you go, they should work just fine.

FIA loadouts are the same as the default units but have randomised headgear, goggles and uniforms (can be disabled), MFA units are supposed to be paramilitaries supported by the AAF so for the most part wear the Raven vests (on the pretext that is what the pre-civil war Altian Forces wore and the AAF had surplus when they upgraded) and carry Mk20s (without optics).

If you think these look a bit too heavily armed and can wait until tomorrow when I've got some time I can probably knock up a version of this where there a bit more like civilians with a gun rather than true guerillas.

To include in your mission do the following.

Download the one you would like to use.

In your mission root path create a folder called Functions and place the script you just downloaded in there

Place this in the description.ext

class CfgFunctions
{
class JNA
{
	class Redress
	{
		class redressFIA {file = "Functions\fn_redressFIA.sqf";};
	};
};
};

If using MFA then just replace FIA with MFA.

They work in the same way, basically

[this] call JNA_fnc_redressFIA

or

[this] call JNA_fnc_redressMFA

can be placed in a unit's init line.

If you want all OPFOR units to use this then place

{if (side _x==East) then {[_x] call JNA_fnc_redressFIA};} forEach allUnits;

in your init.sqf

Does anyone of a working example mission of this working! Avibird