Sign in to follow this  
Cookieeater

How to spawn a "prop", or model that does nothing?

How can I spawn a model or object that serves as a visual aid? I want to create an explosive charge "prop", that does nothing except decorate an area. It cannot be picked up or intractable in any way what so ever.

How can I spawn a model or object that serves as a visual aid? I want to create an explosive charge "prop", that does nothing except decorate an area. It cannot be picked up or intractable in any way what so ever.

I may be wrong here but I believe you need the class name of the items you need. Some can be found here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147502-SIX-Config-Browser-Editing-resource-ARMA-3-Alpha-available

then you can create the item via scripts with the creatvehicle command and then use the attachto command to fix in something.

here is some code from a script I used in Arma 2. May work for Arma 3

_lamp1 = createVehicle ["Misc_Wall_lamp", [1,1,1], [], 0, "NONE"];
_lamp2 = createVehicle ["Misc_Wall_lamp", [1,1,1], [], 0, "NONE"];
_lamp3 = createVehicle ["Misc_Wall_lamp", [1,1,1], [], 0, "NONE"];
_lamp4 = createVehicle ["Misc_Wall_lamp", [1,1,1], [], 0, "NONE"];

//Red

////////////////[   name ,[L/R, F/B, U/D  ]] ///// L/R == Left/Right || F/B == Front/Back || U/D == Up/Down

_lamp1 attachTo [car,[-.5, 2.4, -1.0]]; //Front Left
_lamp1 setDir 180;
_lamp2 attachto [car,[-.95, -3.4, -.83]]; //Back Left
_lamp2 setDir 5;

//Blue

_lamp3 attachto [car,[.5, 2.4,-1.0]]; //Front Right
_lamp3 setDir 180;
_lamp4 attachto [car,[.88, -3.4,-.83]]; //Back Right
_lamp4 setDir 5;

So in the above code I have, "Misc_Wall_lamp". This is the classname of a lamp in arma 2.

I then attached that lamp to a vehicle in the game name car and set its direction.

You can also do this with ID's and probably other simpler ways than I explain here.

Give it a try.