cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

Thanks for this great tool.

Is it possible to add a nickname to sending a message in-game? Instead of it saying Global can it say my name, so people identify me, Ive seen this on other tools and I found it very useful.

Thanks,

Kex.

Thanks for this great tool.

Is it possible to add a nickname to sending a message in-game? Instead of it saying Global can it say my name, so people identify me, Ive seen this on other tools and I found it very useful.

Thanks,

Kex.

Hi Kexxey,

Currently it is not possible to add a nickname, if enough people would like to see this feature I would be more than happy to add it in and it may find it's way into the next update in any case.

Hi Cortez,

Thank you for this great tool, just started using it. :D

First of, I seem to be getting an error when choosing "More Options ..."

http://puu.sh/74xqk.png

Now for a few things I would love to see in the future:

1. Ability to login as a Moderator with less functions available (if that is even possible with RCon).

2. Some form of Global log, so every new connecting Admin can see what was going on since the server started.

3. A quick filter option in the Chat, so you can filter by Global only or Side Only. Would it even be possible to who which side, maybe color code after it!?

4. Also some filter option in Log would be super epic.

5. Keep your sorting option in the Database tab, when you switch you another tab and then back again (now it seems to reset).

6. A quick help option or some tool tips, would be awesome.

Now for some quick noob questions:

1. After some time I finally realized that the Global option under the Database menu, was showing someone elses Database, by the looks of it. My 1 million $ question is, who are these players, were did this list originated from and are these online players now or what exactly? Also increasing the number in the button, seem to show another Database, again whos? lol.

2. Speaking of Database, is there a tutorial somewhere of how to fully use it to it's full potential? :o

Think that was it for now. Again awesome tool, really a welcome addition to Admin tools.

Best regards,

1,2 aren't possible due to BE RCON limitations

1,2 aren't possible due to BE RCON limitations

Yeah that was what I feared, guess I have to hunt down the Devs on BE and demand those features ;)

Edited by Krycek_dk

Hi Cortez,

Thank you for this great tool, just started using it. :D

First of, I seem to be getting an error when choosing "More Options ..."

http://puu.sh/74xqk.png

Now for a few things I would love to see in the future:

1. Ability to login as a Moderator with less functions available (if that is even possible with RCon).

2. Some form of Global log, so every new connecting Admin can see what was going on since the server started.

3. A quick filter option in the Chat, so you can filter by Global only or Side Only. Would it even be possible to who which side, maybe color code after it!?

4. Also some filter option in Log would be super epic.

5. Keep your sorting option in the Database tab, when you switch you another tab and then back again (now it seems to reset).

6. A quick help option or some tool tips, would be awesome.

Now for some quick noob questions:

1. After some time I finally realized that the Global option under the Database menu, was showing someone elses Database, by the looks of it. My 1 million $ question is, who are these players, were did this list originated from and are these online players now or what exactly? Also increasing the number in the button, seem to show another Database, again whos? lol.

2. Speaking of Database, is there a tutorial somewhere of how to fully use it to it's full potential? :o

Think that was it for now. Again awesome tool, really a welcome addition to Admin tools.

Best regards,

Hi Krycek,

Number 1 is possible would would require a full require of the Rcon, along with a "master Server". It would be a similar system to procon and the procon layer for the battlefield series. The layer runs on the server and all the other rcons connect to it, it has the ability to restrict commands depending on the level of access given to your servers. It is something i am looking into as it would be useful on my servers aswell.

Number 2, as Dwarden pointed out would not be possible.

Number 3, i assume you want a search box to show up, you type in a keyword and filter for all hits on that?

Number 4, which logs are we talking about here? Is this all information in the Log Tab?

Number 5, i'll add some more saving features into the settings.xml to cover the sort tab for the next version.

Number 6, sure, ill add in a Help button that explains how to use all the features.

The "Global" option under the database menu is a Global database. The players are from all servers using our rcon and the numbers at the bottom are the page numbers for the database. We can't display all entries of the DB on one page as there is over 1.8 million player entries.

I can create or have someone create a video tut on how to use the databases if you which.

EDIT: Forgot to tell you how to fix that bug which i thought i got rid of during the last patch. Go to this file path C:\Users\yourAccount\AppData\Roaming\EPM DayZ RCon Tool . Find the file named Settings.xml. Open that file in notepad or any text editor and edit this line <Cooldown>0</Cooldown> and change it to <Cooldown>15</Cooldown>

Hi again Cortez,

Thanks a bunch for getting back to me. :)

Sounds good you are working on #1, would be a most welcome addition indeed. :cool:

What I mean about #3 is in the Chat Log, if it's possible to add a simple filter for each Channel or at least just for Global and Side, so you only see one at a time. Also is it possible to color code each faction in the Side Channel, so Blufor is blue as now, but Opfor are red and Independent are green?

@4 yes I was referring to the Log tab to the far right. If it would be possible to Filter out events like Player connected and player disconnected, so you only see some of the more important info there?

Alright, after fixing it so I can enter the More Options, it all started to make perfect sense and think I got it all pretty much covered now.

Could be a good idea to make a small tutorial videos anyways for other newcomers. Could even have it as a link under help, when you have that ready. :)

As goes for the Global Database part, a few wishes.

1. Would it be possible to right click a local database player and search him up against the global database, just to see if he is perm banned on other servers?

2. I think it's almost essential that we can see the Player notes in the Global Database, would be an awesome way to figure out who to ban.

Think I found a small bug.

I suddenly see duplicate chat from some players in the chat box, think it happened after RCon dropped connection and EPM auto reconnected.

Again awesome tool, thank you for your wonderful work on it.

Regards,

Edited by Krycek_dk

if you could make an account on my forums and reply to my post about joining the test group that would be great, i can pass you out a copy of the new rcon build which should fix some of your issues.

if you could make an account on my forums and reply to my post about joining the test group that would be great, i can pass you out a copy of the new rcon build which should fix some of your issues.

Sure mate and I appreciate it.

Here it is: http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349-Test-Build&p=1642&viewfull=1#post1642

Regards,

Edited by Krycek_dk

Beta 0.9.9.6

- General stability of the rcon has been improved. Made massive changes to the Bnet Lib to make it more stable.

- Added a donation button

- Added Admin names to messages.

- Fixed some of the BattlEye commands

- Fixed an issue with settings.xml

- Fixed an issue with TS3 Messages

great job on this one, I really like it

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Couple of quick questions.

Ive set up a list of words in the notification tab, but I keep getting notified when another admin logs in and Im not to sure how to turn it off. I dont have "admin" as a notification either.

Also, I have all boxes ticked in the save logs tab and no logs are being saved. I thought it might have been because there was a space in the pathname, but after changing the foldername it still wont save logs.

Couple of quick questions.

Ive set up a list of words in the notification tab, but I keep getting notified when another admin logs in and Im not to sure how to turn it off. I dont have "admin" as a notification either.

Also, I have all boxes ticked in the save logs tab and no logs are being saved. I thought it might have been because there was a space in the pathname, but after changing the foldername it still wont save logs.

Where are you seeing this notification? If its in the chat box and looks like this "10:13:08 | RCon admin #1 (127.0.0.1:56787) logged in". That is part of the rcon and has nothing to do with the notifications tab.

As for log saving, the folder name with a space in might be an issue but i will double check that on my end aswell. Could you let me know which OS you are using and could i have a look at the file path you're trying to save the logs to.

Thanks

Cortez

Correct, EPM flashes and plays a sound when a new RCon admin logs in.

Its has stopped doing it, I think the issue was that I was downloading things which was causing my connection through EPM to constantly drop and reconnect, and that was somehow triggering EPM to flash and play a sound.

Here is my log settings:

8qM3P.JPG

Im running Windows 7

Thanks for the reply, I am enjoying EPM greatly over what we were running before on our servers.

Correct, EPM flashes and plays a sound when a new RCon admin logs in.

Its has stopped doing it, I think the issue was that I was downloading things which was causing my connection through EPM to constantly drop and reconnect, and that was somehow triggering EPM to flash and play a sound.

Here is my log settings:

http://puu.sh/8qM3P.JPG

Im running Windows 7

Thanks for the reply, I am enjoying EPM greatly over what we were running before on our servers.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought i set it to exclude anything to do Rcon Admins which should have not tiggered the notification. Could you also provide me with a screenshot of your notifications tab, going to see if its something in there that would cause the issue.

I'm also getting constant notifications from all rcon admin messages including scheduled rcon messages and it's a bit disturbing, maybe leave out the rcon admin completely from the notification detection?

I'm also getting constant notifications from all rcon admin messages including scheduled rcon messages and it's a bit disturbing, maybe leave out the rcon admin completely from the notification detection?

Could you provide me a screen shot of your notifications tab please and a screenshot of the message that shows in the chat window. The strange thing is i've not had this issue while trying to replicate your issue. There is code in there that ignores all messages that contain Rcon Admin.

Sure, here.

Window flashes when another admin logged in to rcon writes something, be it another person or just scheduler.

The TS3 notification thingie did ignore those when I tried it.

Also I would love to see a feature that saves the timestamp, player and message somewhere that triggered the notification, maybe another tab in the "All, Chat, Log" window?

While I'm at it I have missed a clear button too :)

The latest update really improved the stability, restarts no longer leave the rcon tool disconnected. Good job!

Edited by Viba

Sure, here.

Window flashes when another admin logged in to rcon writes something, be it another person or just scheduler.

The TS3 notification thingie did ignore those when I tried it.

Also I would love to see a feature that saves the timestamp, player and message somewhere that triggered the notification, maybe another tab in the "All, Chat, Log" window?

While I'm at it I have missed a clear button too :)

The latest update really improved the stability, restarts no longer leave the rcon tool disconnected. Good job!

Thank you for the screenshot, really helps.

When another Rcon admin logs in does it say anything like " Rcon admin needs help" or " needs help"? I would assume if its triggering the windows flash and such it would also trigger that part of the code aswell saying as they are both part of the same code block. The only issue i can see with the code is the Rcon admins name has changed, though i could be mistake. Seems its now RCon admin. If you could grab a screenshot of the rcon writing in " Something needs help" that would also be handy.

As for the notication logging, i could log that information in a text file in the same please as the chat logs. I'll try and add the ability to search through the chat box so you are able to quickly find anything that you had missed before hand. Another option would be to add the notifications into the Log tab and highlight them with a colour like Red so it stands out. Im open to suggestions on this one.

Very happy that you like the improved stability :P Took a while rewrite massive chunks of the BattleNet Lib so its not going to randomly drop the connection or miss random packets.

The "x needs help/admin" doesn't show for Rcon admins, it just flashes the window. If a player writes one of the defined strings in the chat it triggers the flash, text and ts3 notification correctly.

The "x needs help/admin" doesn't show for Rcon admins, it just flashes the window. If a player writes one of the defined strings in the chat it triggers the flash, text and ts3 notification correctly.

I've found what was causing the window to flash when an RCon admin logged in, I'll change a few more features and i'll push out an update to correct it.

hi there,

is there any chance to import darts databases (players and comments)? and to show up some geo ip info as dart did with country flags?

kind regards

wong.

hi there,

is there any chance to import darts databases (players and comments)? and to show up some geo ip info as dart did with country flags?

kind regards

wong.

I'll check need to check that dart uses for its DB but i might be able to throw something together. I'll get back to you on this one.