cortez471

EPM RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

the recent BattlEye update was supposed to fix the server crash on hugely big ban lists ...

Are you referring to the RCon connection closing (which has been an issue for awhile), or an actual server crash?

Are you referring to the RCon connection closing (which has been an issue for awhile), or an actual server crash?

It's a full server crash which would happen when you were trying to receive a large ban file, SO HAPPY it's been fixed now though :)

A3 doesn't have BE yet so no. It probably will once BE is added (unless there are RCon protocol changes).

However, the description in Armaholic states:

Short description: A tool to manage your Arma 3 server.

Description might need updating then. Or does it work now?

If Arma 3 is not running BE then it will not. That was submitted on Armaholic without my permission, and I have no control over their description of the tool.

There have been a few updates over the past week or so but no change log. The updates in general have been to fix a few bugs with the database side of things along with a connection problem. One of the updates allows players to use !admin to grab the attention of the admins and let them know someone needs help.

test, anyone can post in this thread?

Due to migration of the Global Database and AutoUpdate server to a better datacentre a manual download of 0.9.2.2 is required. Versions below 0.9.2.2 will not update above.

this tool is great.

- Notify me when someone says "!admin".

Is there a chance we can add more than one word for notifications? like now is admin, but I wanna add other, like my nick, or hacker. dunno if can be done.

Yes i have been using this tool for the past few months now, apart from a few minor bugs its a lot better, easier and quicker than battlewarden

Our website,server and forums are currently offline. Because of this you can't download the rcon via our forums. Please use the link from Armaholics website.

Thanks

Cortez

Everything has been moved over to the new server and the forums should be back online. If you have any issues downloading the rcon tool via our forums please let me know and ill get it fixed asap.

I'd like to request a feature, being able to export database to .csv or text file.

Thanks,

I miss playerscore in "players" window. It really comes in handy when keeping an eye out for tk'ers that quickly gathers a negative score.

Would love to add that in but would take some time to get the queries for game spy done so we can get the scores :P

If i get time ill take a look into getting it added in.

and can be done to change the number of attempts to reconnect to the server or the next connection attempt. after server restart (takes 1-2 minutes) on a schedule have to connect manually.

Fixed our email server, our forums should be able to handle sending emails to Gmail and hotmail again. If you want to keep up to date with our test builds please register on our forums and post in this thread http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349-Test-Build. I will keep that thread up to date with the latest information and gives you guys a place to post comments and requests for the rcon tool. If you have an issues let me know via email or pm on here or via my forums.

Just like the title says - I banned a player with EPM successfully. The player appealed, and I have tried to unban him in EPM without success. He still shows on the ban list as perm ban even through I have tried several times to unban him...with a confirmation saying it did. It has been over 24 hours now since I last tried unbanning him

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fubar

Just like the title says - I banned a player with EPM successfully. The player appealed, and I have tried to unban him in EPM without success. He still shows on the ban list as perm ban even through I have tried several times to unban him...with a confirmation saying it did. It has been over 24 hours now since I last tried unbanning him

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fubar

Once you have unbanned the player please make sure you send the reload ban list commands aswell. This ensures that the banlist removes that player and is not looking at a cached version of the ban list. In the newer test build I will make sure the rcon reloads the ban list by it self so they can connect straight away without the need to manually reload your bans.txt

Once you have reloaded the bans.txt if u go look at your bans.txt just make sure the guid and ip are still not inside of it.

Beta 0.9.6.0

- Added a Private database of players.

- Added support for notifications with configurable words and cooldown.

- Ability to launch and connect to your server via command line. Switches are -ip=address -password=password -port=port.

- Removed disconnect / connection lost messages from the chat tab.

- Added admin tab to show ips and ports of all connected admins.

- Added Missions tab.

- Ability to load missions from the missions tab.

- Added comment system to local database.

- Added the ability to minimize the rcon to the notification tray.

- Added option to play a sound, flash the window and a TS3 notification when someone uses the !admin or any configured word.

- Added the ability to set custom ban messages.

- Added the ability to connect to a Ts3 server.

- Added the ability to issue ingame commands using the prefix # before your command. Example #missions to select a mission.

- Added the ability to send BE Commands using the prefix ! before your command. Example !say test will send the message test.

i spent great deal with cortez breaking his EPM beta build ;) let's hope it runs well for rest of admins :)

Beta 0.9.7.0

- General stability of the rcon has been improved. You will no long see random "Connection Lost" messages.

- Added a player note system to the private database

- Changed the way the "Test Connection" works for the TS3 Connection