Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Medical System v0.1 Alpha Released

are you able to make a small mission to show how to get this working look nice but cant seem to get it working the way you do? am not sure what am doing wrong i place the module down and put the this setvariable ["cms_medicClass", true,true]; in and when a man is hurt or shot nothing happends iv set the key up nothing.

the setvariable needs to be used in the vehicle init of your player unit.

I managed to get it working m8 thanks work well and very cool how ever am a noob at stuff like this so was hard for me and few of my m8s to figure out how to save people lol is there a tut on what to do? other then that loved it are you going to be able to add body bags like ace when a ai or player is dead lol would be cool.

I have CMS, got it the other day, haven’t used it yet, what with all the A3 hype, but I’m sure its going to be great. Will add a whole new, much needed, medical side to missions.

Thanks for sharing it and I look forward to including it in all missions from now on..:)

I managed to get it working m8 thanks work well and very cool how ever am a noob at stuff like this so was hard for me and few of my m8s to figure out how to save people lol is there a tut on what to do? other then that loved it are you going to be able to add body bags like ace when a ai or player is dead lol would be cool.

Don't worry, a guide is coming!!!

There's more to it than a checklist system, that's for sure. :)

is there any update on this mod or a mission to show how to use it I asked a little back but seem this has gone dead? the community I work for would like a page with what dose what and how to save people?

Hi , have you deleted the CMS dev-heaven ? When i click on the link he just give me an error

Been loving the mod so far, it's making being a medic much more fun, even if I'm losing patients more often from lack of skill on my part. I don't know enough about the subject to offer anything else up addition wise, but I know I'm eagerly awaiting updates to the ArmAII version. I've already had some fun playing in SP, but no other unit other than 16AA uses it(to my knowledge) and I'm too young to apply to the 16AA. Anyways, I haven't noticed anything majorly wrong with it, other than that It's much harder for me too save injured now, especially alone in SP. For now, I'll just wait patiently for the coming updates.

I also, out of boredom and curiosity, decided to see if this would work with ArmaIII Alpha. And, to my surprise, it did. I was able to load and launch the module, even if it was full of errors. The text menu is buggy and such, and you cannot place the ammo crate or drag injured players, certain features don't work(like heavily damaged legs forcing prone) but it loaded and launched in a semi-effective way.

I know CMS is still in alpha, and that ArmaIII is also still in alpha and subject to major changes, but with the fact that parts already ported over to ArmaIII, does that mean that CMS will eventually be ported over? I'm not an addon maker, and I'm horrible at scripting and such, so I have no idea how much work goes into this, and I'm assuming its a lot, but I'm just wondering if a full port will even be though of or if the plan is too stop at ArmaII. Just questions from an Arma young one whose slightly overexcited by the release of this mod, mostly because I hope to work in this field in 2 years.

Actually, the unit I am part of. USSOCOM. Had started some basic testing for it for when we reopen our Pararescue unit. Albeit not much has grown from that yet.

Hi , have you deleted the CMS dev-heaven ? When i click on the link he just give me an error

We have not. What was the error? And I just checked, the page is public.

yes sorry i don't know what happen but i use your link in the addon discution thread and it doesn't work (before) maybe it was my connection. I have some small question about your mod , i test it and i have a strange bug , when someone is wounded that broke acre is it normal ?

At first- love your Mod!

It adds an additional feature of treating wounds. The ACE Module was fine, but not complex enough (for an Paramedic^^).

A tutorial for Using it in the right order would be nice. I´m not really sure about the functionality of some applications.

MOre feedback (like those little hints in the corner) would be nice.

In reality, the PAtient is giving more feedback than just lying there. I think this should be added?!

Also some possibility´s (e.g. applying a TQ to the Chest) are not realistic. SOme restrictions for the TQ would be nice and necessary (e.g. applying just possible at arms and legs).

Maybe your Team can get direct feeback and support by e.g. Davegarry or other medical personal like me, if you want.

I´m sure, we would help you, to make this Mod more awesome and realistic!!! :-)

Greetz from Germany :D

I cant wait to see the full mod. Will this mod be available for arma 2 and 3 once compleated?

I have been trying to figure out how to use this alpha version. So far I can get it to work "But", when I open up my gear it stops working. Is this due to its alpha version or is this a bug?

Update:

Ok with some add-on units I find the action button does not work to rearm so you have to hit the "G" key to accomplish the rearm. At any time when you hit the "G" key the CMS system stops responding.

Update 6/4/13

This issue was with the CBA. Make sure you get the latest version from here; Community Base Addons.

Edited by Highlander_XWG
Update

I can't wait to see the next version (bugfixes? new features?) as well as some documentation.

Incidentally are you guys going to use Dev Heaven for bug tracking, roadmaps, documentation and/or downloads?

I can't wait to see the next version (bugfixes? new features?) as well as some documentation.

Incidentally are you guys going to use Dev Heaven for bug tracking, roadmaps, documentation and/or downloads?

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cms/issues

Also in use for the A3 version, which is part of CSE.

Documentation should be done sometime soon, I hope. I will poke our documentation people a bit more to get futher details. Note, with the download came a pdf which would explain the majority of medical items available (ie what does morphine do and what are the effects of it?).

In reality, the PAtient is giving more feedback than just lying there. I think this should be added?!

Also some possibility´s (e.g. applying a TQ to the Chest) are not realistic. SOme restrictions for the TQ would be nice and necessary (e.g. applying just possible at arms and legs).

Maybe your Team can get direct feeback and support by e.g. Davegarry or other medical personal like me, if you want.

I´m sure, we would help you, to make this Mod more awesome and realistic!!! :-)

Greetz from Germany :D

It's already being worked on, this is after all an Alpha. We already understand those events, but they're getting worked on. Restrictions to the TQ is on the to-do list but if you want to put it on dev-hev, feel free. We already have medical personnel on the job but if you want to comment, feel free, send me anything you have an issue with.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

yes sorry i don't know what happen but i use your link in the addon discution thread and it doesn't work (before) maybe it was my connection. I have some small question about your mod , i test it and i have a strange bug , when someone is wounded that broke acre is it normal ?

It should be when someone is unconscious only.

hey does anyone have a class list name so i can add stuff to player ini like add_item med kit to player. I cant find out how to add this to player kits

Cheers m8 helps a lot loving this mod bis need to take notice of this for A3 am working on video to show it off abit more.

Any chance of a script that would automatically add medical supplies to a medic?

I'm really looking forward to the next version of this mod.

It's so good that I'm amazed that BIS hasn't implemented something similar in A3.

you can make script that let you make a kit and add it to an object to when you walk up to it you get Gunner_kit1 or Medic_kit1 and click it and it will spawn the stuff on you however am not sure where the script is for this?

Or simply Add this to play ini this setvariable ["cms_medicClass", true,true]; player addWeapon "M9" ;player addMagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9" ;player addMagazine "cms_morphine" ;player addMagazine "cms_epinpen" ;player addMagazine "cms_tourniquet" this will add most of the stuff you will need.

Hope this helps.

I read the install instruction but i dont know how to make this thing work.If some one can help me it will be great beacause i really want to use this mod with my unit.

I read the install instruction but i dont know how to make this thing work.If some one can help me it will be great beacause i really want to use this mod with my unit.

I have send a reply to your PM.

If there is anything regarding CMS specifically you need help, please ask. :)

I have a problem where I am unable to use the Medical Kit icon consistently. I had a situation today where my medic had a messed up leg and i was able to stem the bleeding but unable to treat him. After opening & closing the CMS menu repeatedly, I noticed the medkit icon would briefly light up and I was able to quickly click it before it went away to heal him. I am sure this is not how it is supposed to work. Can someone help me with this, please? Thanks in advance.

I also have a question regarding the chest seal, elastic bandages, and quick clot. Does any of these items work in game? I don't see where myself, or my medic, can select them to administer to patients if needed. Thanks.

I have a problem where I am unable to use the Medical Kit icon consistently. I had a situation today where my medic had a messed up leg and i was able to stem the bleeding but unable to treat him. After opening & closing the CMS menu repeatedly, I noticed the medkit icon would briefly light up and I was able to quickly click it before it went away to heal him. I am sure this is not how it is supposed to work. Can someone help me with this, please? Thanks in advance.

If you want to give the medkit to some one you have to be on a medic tent.

I understand. does that apply with all the other items that are not highlighted in the field?