Sign in to follow this  
Basxt

Multiple person editor.

What do you guys think about this idea that you select --> editor --> multiplayer editor.

This would be allowing to host a map and edit it together with your friend who wants to help. It would be exactly the same as the sp editor but know you just have someone who places things on the map as well.

This would allow much faster and easier map making without merging things together.

What do you guys think about this?

Thanks

Sounds like a pipe dream, but it would be sweet.

BTW I absolutely love your sig. My sig was trying to poke fun at people posting specs, but you've done a much better job of it. Just need to add in Microsoft brand mouse & keyboard, because we all know how much other people care what kind of keyboard you use. :)

Mods do that, won't take long to have one of these.

But yes, it would be nice to have it as a standard.

why not just have two people create different shit then merge them together.

why not just have two people create different shit then merge them together.

Seriously? Because it's much easier to collaborate when you're working together instead of separate.

I like this idea. Very creative.

It allows everyone to input at the same time on the same level. Even others could see possible errors before they occur. This would make for better/more fun mission making.

Would love a multiplayer editor.

Would of been very useful for my groups joint ops etc...

BTW I absolutely love your sig. My sig was trying to poke fun at people posting specs, but you've done a much better job of it. Just need to add in Microsoft brand mouse & keyboard, because we all know how much other people care what kind of keyboard you use. :)

People post their system specifications and hardware as a signature, not to boast or show off... but because they are participating in a test environment. When we engage in discussion about the state of test builds, discovered problems and general performance of the Alpha it provides a readily displayed frame of reference without having to constantly re-post your system information every time you make a comment.

People post their system specifications and hardware as a signature, not to boast or show off... but because they are participating in a test environment. When we engage in discussion about the state of test builds, discovered problems and general performance of the Alpha it provides a readily displayed frame of reference without having to constantly re-post your system information every time you make a comment.

This ain't my first rodeo. I'm making fun of people who list shit like the physical size of their display, their cooling set up, chassis, or the manufacturer of their mouse, keyboard, and headset. A game has never crashed because someone was using a Corsair H-xxx or Turtle Beach headphones.

This ain't my first rodeo. I'm making fun of people who list shit like the physical size of their display, their cooling set up, chassis, or the manufacturer of their mouse, keyboard, and headset. A game has never crashed because someone was using a Corsair H-xxx or Turtle Beach headphones.

Actually, Soldner crashed only when my one of my usb headphones were plugged in. But that game WAS one of those that you only played for the experience of how amazingly buggy it was.

What do you guys think about this idea that you select --> editor --> multiplayer editor.

This would be allowing to host a map and edit it together with your friend who wants to help. It would be exactly the same as the sp editor but know you just have someone who places things on the map as well.

This would allow much faster and easier map making without merging things together.

What do you guys think about this?

Thanks

A early stage of this was done in VBS2 around 2009 using a 3rd party mod "Acceler8ion". The method was to use "Acceler8ion" to export Landbuilder files and then import them into Visitor later, dividing up the work between others to later compile in a single Visitor project. The LBT function was later added to VBS2 out of the box so that mostly left "Acceler8ion" out of the loop. This, however, did not solve the real-time dillema which is party where VBS2 is able to solve in newer versions which feature the terrain editing tools inside the editor. So, changes can be made to a single scenario in both real-time or offline modes and then saved into a new scenario which retains the changes done to the terrain. Keeping in mind this is VBS functionality, doesn't really mean it's impossible to mod into ArmA somehow via a community mod.

Just an example, food for thought. There's some bright individuals in the community that could probably make this happen.