Zorg_DK

How do I make units disappear?

Hi, I'm new to making missions, and I'm having lots of fun learning the editor in Arma3.

I want to make some units disappear after they've completed their waypoints, how do I do that? Putting dismissed in the waypoint type doesn't seem to do anything.

Cheers.

In the on activation on the waypoint you can write

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach thisList

Thanks, I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

It made the driver of a quad bike disappear, the quad bike is left with engine running. Can you make the quad bike disappear as well?

Maybe try this (or something similar) instead:

{
 if(vehicle _x != _x) then { 
   deleteVehicle (vehicle _x);
 };
 deleteVehicle _x;
} forEach thisList;

{deletevehicle _x} foreach crew quadbike + [quadbike];

If you want to delete the units mounted on a quadbike + the quadbike itself. "quadbike" is the name of the Quad.

Thanks for the help all, much appreciated.

am i a little bit too late for the party? i tried to insert some of the mentioned scripts in the init-section but guess i am doing something wrong

@Springfield86    Welcome on forum. init section of what? It's always better when people say exactly what they are scripting where / when / what for... SP or MP (almost never mentioned).

3 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

@Springfield86    Welcome on forum. init section of what? It's always better when people say exactly what they are scripting where / when / what for... SP or MP (almost never mentioned). 

Hello and thank you @pierremgi i found a helpfull video on youtube regarding this topic:

That works but it's a little bit outdated (2016)

As guidelines says:

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added...

let's add: deleteVehicleCrew command, far better in MP and some dead units in crew.

Follow example 2 in deleteVehicle  😉