Sign in to follow this  
metal_ger

rotatable compass on the map

The new bigger compass is very useful. Thank you for that. But at the moment there is no compass on the map. I think (hope) it will be there in the final release, since its been there in Arma 2.

I still have an suggestion for the compass on the map, because I do not really like the map-compass in Arma 2.

In ACE I have the map tool which is rotatable and have a ruler on it. With that I can figure out exact directions and distances on the map. I also can use ingame measured compass directions on the map to find out exact positions.

I'm sure the ACE-team will bring us the map tool back in Arma 3. But I think it would be a great deal to all the no-ACE players to have the compass on the map simply rotatable and with a funktional ruler on it's side.

Yeah +1 to having map tools in the stock game.

Yep map tools all the way.

Wouldn't even mind if they went with low tech vs high tech gear. So the old paper map that requires physical map tools and some sort of electronic map/gps combo.

On the physical map you shouldn't be able to see markers unless they were premarked during briefing. The high tech version should behave as it does now, i.e. magically appearing markers.

Yeah, right now it's pretty impossible to get grid coordinates on things you spot, because there's no high tech solution like "point, click and get grids", nor is there a low tech solution since there's no compass on the map, so no "get the distance, bearing, compare on map".