Sign in to follow this  
pd3

In the future apparently human beings are not subject to inertia or weight.

but doesn't even vaguely reflect my actual experiences in Arma TvT/PvP or PvAI, neither done by myself nor been on the receiving end whenever I went down.

So you never encountered anyone with a heavy machine gun or sniper rifle in CQB ? Something a lot of people complain about ?

You're out of date.

Am I?

Currently it's possible to carry GM Lynx, 20 mags for it, a titan launcher with 3 rockets, a pistol with a few clips, a FAK and a bunch of grenades.

True it seems BIS has changed it from 4 rockets to 3 with this kind of loadout. Which is kinda... meaningless?

Edited by metalcraze

Am I?

Currently it's possible to carry GM Lynx, 20 mags for it, a titan launcher with 3 rockets, a pistol with a few clips, a FAK and a bunch of grenades.

True it seems BIS has changed it from 4 rockets to 3 with this kind of loadout. Which is kinda... meaningless?

To be fair you said "half a dozen rockets". So it's been halved by your reckoning. Still overkill? Perhaps, but a move in the right direction surely. And today's development progress report mentions tweaking of various weapon weights etc, so I'd expect that although it might be possible to carry 3 rockets, eventually the weight penalties will make it less attractive.

Am I?

Yep it's possible. Though Titan Launcher with a loaded rocket and 3 in the Carryall Backpack is the max ;) With that gear when you change stance your guy is exhausted at the max and hopefully with the new stamina incoming this means more than audible and some more weapon sway.

That gear isn't meaningless if they implement enough penalty just like ACE did. Otherwise yes it's overkill.

Am I?

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately for the both of us) this statement has just become irrelevant.

Not true. You are still able to carry ridiculous loads and the only difference seems to be slowed down animations. Which makes zero difference to the gameplay.

It's visual only. They haven't changed the running speed.

Edited by metalcraze

From what I've seen, the movement speed is also lower, by about 20 %.

Not true. You are still able to carry ridiculous loads and the only difference seems to be slowed down animations. Which makes zero difference to the gameplay.

With ridiculous loadout your running speed is instantly the slowest possible because your guy gets fatigued when he runs 1m. That makes Team Leader loadout to run 620m 50s faster than a guy with gear bar loaded to 90%. There's difference so I don't get that "they haven't changed the running speed". I agree this difference isn't enough yet but that's why they now want feedback.