Sign in to follow this  
ColinCJ

Game Alpha Software (Arma 3)

What is an Alpha Build.

Alpha

The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black box or gray box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.[2]

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. External availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software. However, open source software, in particular, often have publicly available alpha versions, often distributed as the raw source code of the software. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

I have read 100s of post about how bad the Alpha is Performance wise, well not true maybe a few.

Complaints, about nothing and everything, as far as I know there is a proper routine for reporting bugs or imagined bugs.

But I see hundreds of posts complaining about it anyway. You have paid to be part of the development which in my opinion is a privilege, very few developers let the fan base near a game until its released, you have modding ability in an Alpha not heard of this before by any large company.

The game looks better and plays better than most finished products from other so called shooter Developers, you have SP/MP/Campaign/Modding tools and in most respects it has backward comparability, ok it has got issues but for God sake its an Alpha.

With Respect, some of you here need to have a bit of Patience and Respect for the Developer You have been given an opportunity, that many players don`t get.

Colin.

Complaints, about nothing and everything

Most people these days seem to think that if they pay money for something then it should be exactly what they want or should change to suit them, just in general. No one ever seems to think, "Hey, maybe I should wait to give a company my money (and thus vote of support) until I do some reading and see if I will be happy with my purchase." :j:

It's especially amusing when we're talking about a game that doesn't come out for months and offers a free demo.

@ColinCJ

You're new here, aren't you?

What if I told you the game will have the same performance 19 patches after release?

I'm kidding, let's hope not.... :)

EDIT: plus remember, this is what Alpha version is for, for people to complain about bugs

Edited by afp

EDIT: plus remember, this is what Alpha version is for, for people to complain about bugs

No, the alpha version is for people to post constructive feedback on the feedback tracker and here on the forums. The forums, however, are filled with all sorts of consumer/gamer entitlement rants.

No, the alpha version is for people to post constructive feedback on the feedback tracker and here on the forums. The forums, however, are filled with all sorts of consumer/gamer entitlement rants.

+1

@OP

You have seen the light, Shine it over "them" and convert them from theyre evil ways ;)

Being new here has no relevance.

To complain about an unfinished product dosen`t make any logical sense.

To give feedback does make sense and is far more likely to get a decent response and action.

I have paid to support this project and understand that this simulator will have much to do and probably until 2014. But I hope that my financial aid and can do so many other reality in the near future this great combat simulator. :yay: