Sign in to follow this  
huma

High VRAM usage

hello, i find a bug, the game sometimes use 2,6 vram and when you change any video option drops to 1,5gb

What graphics card are you using? And does the bug happen often or was it one off and how much VRAM did you have left free and what impact did it have on the game at the time?

I keep MSI afterburner open on my other screen and notice 800-900 VRAM constanty used, not seen it go higher so have had about 100Vram left free... (Although I dont know how much things like the desktop on the other screen actually use?!?!)

it was mentioned earlier, the game seizes as much Vram it can get:

900mb with 1gb cards, 1.8gb with 2gb cards, 2.7 gb with 3gb cards and so on...

7950 3gb but all newest games use around 1,5gb and arma 3 using 2,6gb of video ram, its insane

the VRAM is there for use, can you tell me why you have 3 or 4GB VRAM when the game would not use it ? unless you trying to say it's using it wrongly

the VRAM is there for use, can you tell me why you have 3 or 4GB VRAM when the game would not use it ? unless you trying to say it's using it wrongly

My understanding is that it will use as much VRAM as it can.

its using up to 3,6 gb on my videocard. so all is fine ! but if you change the settings , or hit "shift" + "-" than type "flush" , the ram also gets cleared and reloaded.

till its back on 3,6gb.

arma2 never used that much ram, so clearly an improvement !

all working fine.