Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

Snakes in the Grass...or Sky

Thank you, I appreciate that. Glad you enjoy it. lol I wish I could take credit for that. Kronsky and Silola's scripts make it so. They're fantastic. I must say it is pretty fun though. I've been enjoying it and I'm really impressed with A3. They ai teammates actually help out instead of just getting killed like they would in A1/A2. I can't wait to see all the good stuff that the release version and the community comes up with. I have a feeling I'll be making quite a few missions. There's a lot of potential in this game.

Totally agree. A3 is a huge step up in friendly ai. I like how they logically fill the area, and take cover. The enemy ai is still too deadly with their shooting. I edited enemy precision to balance it. I lowered it to 0.05. They can still one shot you but its rarer, it usually takes them 3 or 4 shots now. They are still plenty accurate, but it seems way more balanced now. There are a cpl threads about it. Vastly improved the fun for me. It could probably go down a little lower, they are still more accurate than most humans online.

Hi, I've got the Dev mode going but still can't play your mission. I don't get it. Seems I'm missing something still.

Hmmm, not sure why not, are you getting an error?

Hmmm, not sure why not, are you getting an error?

EDIT:

How stupid of me...I was using the 1.1v and not 1.3v...........now works like a charm!

Edited by Kommiekat

Hi there Manzilla. I loved your mission everyting worked great in my oppinion! I´ve also played it Coop with my friends and there was some small bugs but nothing major.. And I don´t think that has anything to do with your mission. just that it is still Alpha. =)

I actually wanted to ask permission from you to post a screen recording on youtube when I was playing this mission. I didn´t survive till the end but still made a good 40min clip. =)

I will also put your name as the mission creator in the end credits. =)

Thanks just beat it, one of my AT bugged out but doubt its from the mission.

Hi there Manzilla. I loved your mission everyting worked great in my oppinion! I´ve also played it Coop with my friends and there was some small bugs but nothing major.. And I don´t think that has anything to do with your mission. just that it is still Alpha. =)

I actually wanted to ask permission from you to post a screen recording on youtube when I was playing this mission. I didn´t survive till the end but still made a good 40min clip. =)

I will also put your name as the mission creator in the end credits. =)

Sorry for late response. Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know it worked in Coop. I never tested it in MP(TBH I've never played any ArmA game MP) but when I was playing it I did think about how fun it would be in coop. :)

Of course, feel free to post the video. I'll check it out.

As time goes by I'll add more to it. Hopefully I'll have more time soon.

Thanks for playing.

---------- Post added at 05:58 ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 ----------

Thanks just beat it, one of my AT bugged out but doubt its from the mission.

Thanks for playing. It could very well be the mission. There's been many more A3 alpha updates since I released the latest version so I very well could have something in there that conflicts.

Sorry for late response. Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know it worked in Coop. I never tested it in MP(TBH I've never played any ArmA game MP) but when I was playing it I did think about how fun it would be in coop. :)

Of course, feel free to post the video. I'll check it out.

As time goes by I'll add more to it. Hopefully I'll have more time soon.

Thanks for playing.

---------- Post added at 05:58 ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 ----------

Thanks for playing. It could very well be the mission. There's been many more A3 alpha updates since I released the latest version so I very well could have something in there that conflicts.

Here is the link to the video of me playing your mission.

Thnx again for a great mission! =) The only thing you could have done to it is a respawn in multiplayer. One from my team died attacking the first base and he had to wait for us to complete the mission.. =)

I just got my own litle mission ready, I will try to share it later when I have the time!

Updated version 1.5 in the first post. **Uses newest development build**

Additions:

More bad guys

More objectives

Player team reinforcements

Artillery support

Other tweaks

Note: Though I've added new objects there is no dialogue yet. Just follow the tasks they give hints to the story line. I'll build all that stuff in later.

Edited by Manzilla

Note for the new version: The trigger for the last objective fires too early thereby ending the mission before you can get to the last waypoint to participate. I'm fixing this now. Hopefully a new version is up soon. There's a few other tweeks I need to do as well but will try to get it up asap.

Updated to v1.6. The final task should trigger on time now.

Note: It ends abruptly. I'll fix that. One thing I miss in the alpha is certain editor objects like files, map, etc. Would be nice to get a search and recover objective in there at the end. Hopefully the beta will include some.

My plans are to turn this into a campaign so I may end this mission soon and begin the next part in a new mission. I'll probably start adding in dialogue, cutscenes, etc soon but I haven't looked into any of that yet. Hopefully it's just like A2. Still needs task hints too but I can't figure out the new task system.

Edited by Manzilla

Just had a good ol blast on this for the last hr or so.

Great fun, was getting a bit bored of the same old MP missions.

So played some SP for a change :)

I've prob no where near finished it yet- but great blast none the less, the only bug/error ive seen is that,when killed and teamswitch, the tasks etc disappear?

Prob nothing todo with mission but, more the Alpha? :cool:

Updated version 1.5 in the first post. **Uses newest development build**

This means that it must be played in development mode, correct?

EDIT:

Just saw this on first page:

Required AddOns:

**None but I use the development version of the Alpha so you'll have to do the same if you want to play the mission. If you use the vanilla Alpha this mission will not work due to classname changes, etc.**

Just had a good ol blast on this for the last hr or so.

Great fun, was getting a bit bored of the same old MP missions.

So played some SP for a change :)

I've prob no where near finished it yet- but great blast none the less, the only bug/error ive seen is that,when killed and teamswitch, the tasks etc disappear?

Prob nothing todo with mission but, more the Alpha? :cool:

That's my fault I think. I think it's only set up to show up for the player. I've updated the task system in a newer version and it looks like it should be easier to figure out how to get the objectives to show for the whole group. Hopefully I'll have this version up today. Thanks for playing! I appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 05:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

This means that it must be played in development mode, correct?

EDIT:

Just saw this on first page:

Required AddOns:

**None but I use the development version of the Alpha so you'll have to do the same if you want to play the mission. If you use the vanilla Alpha this mission will not work due to classname changes, etc.**

Yeah I use the dev builds.

New version v1.95 in first post.

Dammit made a mistake, sorry. New version v1.96 in first post.

Added:

*Hopefully fixed air support heli from dying before it got to player

*Final objectives

*Tweaked and added enemies

*Cleaned up some stuff

Note there still is no cutscenes, dialogue, radio sounds, etc. I'll start on that stuff now that I have the final part of mission 1 added. ALso be aware that the optional missions do not check off in the task menu. They are completing just not showing it in Tasks. Hopefully I can figure it out one of these days. This mission will not get any longer. I'll continue it in a new mission. Now it's time to polish this one up and add the storyline.

Edited by Manzilla
updated to v1.96

SO sorry for doing this again but....

New version v1.97 in first post.

Fixed in v1.97:

*Air support still crashed. Got it fixed now so they will show up.

I thought for sure the mission was about eliminating the snake population on the island...

I noticed the artillery doesn't show up anymore. I'm not sure what's going on there. I think it happened after yesterday's dev patch. I didn't change anything about the set up but i'll try to figure out the cause. I haven't checked the alpha feedback site yet but maybe it's a known issue.

Version 2 available in the first post.

Not many big changes, just small tweaks and made it compatible with the A3 Beta. If you haven't updated to the beta it will not work.

Sorry for the delay. This will now work again.

Mission updated to v2.1

Not many changes except I removed DAC cause it was giving tons of errors that wouldn't go away. I also added the UAV operator, team switch to him to use.

Would you consider making a similar mission of this on Atlis?

Would be nice to see it on that enviro....or perhaps another one of your missions?

I am working on some new ones but it may take a while. Too busy with work and when I have free time I find it hard to work on them for too long. Hopefully once the full game is released I'll get more inspiration. I am planning more though.

I may convert this to Altis as well. That map is great

Edit:

ArmAholic mirror for current version added to first post

Edited by Manzilla