[frl]myke

[Beginners guide]How do i install mods/addons?

I am new to Arma 3 and want to learn more. I shoot 308Win custom in real life out to 1000yards. I reload Berger and my 2 favorites are 185 hybrid and 215 hybrid target. I read a lot about snipers, guerrillas, military history.

Does anyone here use "Ultimate Sniper" by Major Plaster as a resource for mods, add-ons etc? 

You should post this a a new Topic-this thread is for showing people how to activate mods. So-go and post your question as a new "Topic"-that way it will have it's own thread :) Good luck.

I did all the steps that are mentioned here and also tried the start script for linux but nothing seems to do it right any ideas why ? 

this is what my arma3 folder looks like :

qvWnqLG.png

and this is my start parameters : 

./arma3server  -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=default -filePatching "-mod=@ace;@cba_a3;@isc;@leights_opfor_pack_official;@rhsafrf;@rhsusaf;@sthud;nato_russian_vehicles_v1.3;@task_force_radio"

the server runs just fine but it always gives me this : 

Q4dv2sa.png

I also tried this : 

./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod=@cba_a3 -mod=@ace -mod=@task_force_radio -mod=@sthud -mod=@rhsafrf -mod=@rhsusaf -mod=nato_russian_vehicles_v1.3 -mod=@leights_opfor_pack_official -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

and this : 

-port=2302 -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=default -filePatching -mod=/home/lawa/steamcmd/arma3/@ace

AND also this : 

@cba_a3\;@ace\;@isc\;@leights_opfor_pack_official\;@rhsafrf\;@rhsusaf\;@sthud\;@task_force_radio\;nato_russian_vehicles_v1.3

all of them are the same the server loads just fine but without ANY mods , I used this script below to run the server with same result : 

rmaserver: ArmA 2 Linux Dedicated Server Control Script
#  (c) 2010 BIStudio
#  ArmA 2 binary version must be 1.04 or later
#
##
## slightly addapted by DaOarge for Arma3
##

#=======================================================================
#========               CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS                ========
#======== MUST BE EDITED MANUALLY TO FIT YOUR SYSTEM PARAMETERS ========
ARMA_DIR=/home/lawa/steamcmd/arma3
CONFIG=server.cfg
CFG=basic.cfg
PROFILES=~/".local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles"
PORT=2302
PIDFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.pid
RUNFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.run
LOGFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/log.${PORT}.txt
SERVER=${ARMA_DIR}/arma3server
OTHERPARAMS="-world=empty -port=2302 -noSound"
MODS=@cba_a3\;@ace\;@isc\;@leights_opfor_pack_official\;@rhsafrf\;@rhsusaf\;@sthud\;@task_force_radio\;nato_russian_vehicles_v1.3
ulimit -c 1000000

case "$1" in

start)
if [ -f ${RUNFILE} ]; then
$0 stop
fi
echo "Starting A3 server..."
# file to mark we want server running...
echo "go" >${RUNFILE}
# launch the background watchdog process to run the server
nohup </dev/null >/dev/null $0 watchdog &
;;

stop)
echo "Stopping A3 server..."
# ask watcher process to exit by deleting its runfile...
rm -f ${RUNFILE}
fi
# and terminate ArmA 2 server process
if [ -f ${PIDFILE} ]; then
kill -TERM $(< ${PIDFILE})
rm -f ${PIDFILE}
fi
fi
;;

status)
echo "A3 server should be running..."
else
echo "A3 server not running check logfile..."
fi
PID=$(< ${PIDFILE})
echo "PID file exists (PID=${PID})..."
if [ -f /proc/${PID}/cmdline ]; then
echo "Server process seems to be running..."
fi
fi
;;

check)
echo -n "ArmA 2 directory: ${ARMA_DIR} "
if [ -d ${ARMA_DIR} ]; then
echo "OK"
else
echo "MISSING!"
fi

echo -n "Server executable: ${SERVER} "
if [ -x ${SERVER} ]; then
echo "OK"
else
echo "ERROR!"
fi

echo "Port number: ${PORT}"

echo -n "Config file: ${CONFIG} "
if [ -f ${CONFIG} ]; then
echo "OK"
else
echo "MISSING!"
fi

echo "PID file: ${PIDFILE}"
echo "RUN file: ${RUNFILE}"

;;

restart)
$0 stop
$0 start
;;

watchdog)
# this is a background watchdog process. Do not start directly
while [ -f ${RUNFILE} ]; do
# launch the server...
cd ${ARMA_DIR}
echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Starting server (port ${PORT})..."
${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -config=${CONFIG} -cfg=${CFG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} -mod=${MODS} ${OTHERPARAMS}
echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Server died, waiting to restart..."
sleep 5s
else
echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Server shutdown intentional, watchdog terminating"
fi
done
;;
*)
echo "$0 (start|stop|restart|status|check)"
;;
esac

sorry for the long post but I'm desperate right now as I don't have a clue what to do next... 

Hi guys,

I have recently rented an ARMA3 server, and succesfully installed some MODS in it (CBA, RHSUSF, Russian armed forces...) The mods are properly installed, but I have also included the AW Invade and Annex mission, and I want the content of the MODS to be usable within that mission.

HOW CAN I INCLUDE THE MODS IN THE MISSION?

Do I have to include this via config file or something? Sorry if this is very obvious but I am very new to server running, my first actually! Guidance would be appreciated!

Regards!

Thanks for the nice little "how to", although i am not new to modding the arma series it was a nice read, and will help alot of users join the modding scene.

Anyhow, i was wanting to get a simple question answered if possible. How could i make my own mods such as player models? and if so, do you know how people in the community make there mods, thanks. -Corkaaay :)

Welcome to Bis forums, but apparently you missed the title of the thread which is:

[beginners guide]How do i install mods/addons?

Dont ask on threads on how to do something that is not related to the subject of the given thread, search the forum and if you cant find anything

related to what your asking then ask in the general section.

Why the modders do not have a clear information about who needs to have the mod installed...
All mods are required to exist by all player or some of them can only run on the dedicated server?
How to figure this out? For example sound mods like Ambient Battle sounds module or f-16c realsound need to be on clients as well? :huh:

hey guys, 

i just bought arma 3 like a day ago.

i tried installing the exile mod but the website doens't work anymore.

i tried using a3 launcher but when downloading it, it always stops like halfway trough.

this mod is probably the main reason i purchased this game in the first place.

please, is there anyone who can help me?!

Hi guys !

Im playing ArmA3 Steam edition with several mods enabled. Im in trouble with .bisign files now. I got error messages showing  like

"Key not found for signature J:\Arma3\@UNSUNG_3.0_Charlie\addons\brg_africa.pbo.UNSUNGcharlie.bisign Test  FAILED !" 

for Unsung mod and Niarms mod too. Any idea ?

Thanx !

Hi,

Make sure the mods are installed correctly so as you should know all mods and their userconfigs if the mod has a userconfig will

go in the Arma3 main directory which is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

For bisgns they will be in the same folder as the addons for the mod itself, if they are there and you are having issues with them, then you should go to the

Unsung release thread and ask the authors for help and show them the error and any other issues your having, there may be a possibility that

a bisign is "broke" or has something wrong with it.

• Like 1

hi all

i am new here

i have a question about Iron Front LITE MOD i have server and ii play missions called domination whit my friends

i whant add some mode called http://steamcommunit...s/?id=690552013

WW2_units_mas

on this mission

how can i do thet can somebody help me

or add this mod on server

Hi vaxoiva,

You can ask your question on this thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190809-iron-front-in-arm3-lite-preview-versions/

its the IFA3 Lite release thread. What you'll want to do to add those units from mas is get the mod from Armaholic not steam,

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31044

to put the mod on your server move the @mod part of it to your server's ftp or the place where you upload files, mod must go into the servers Arma3 main directory where all other mods if any are.

As far as using the mod on the server, you'll need a mission which uses the units from Massi's WW2 mod otherwise they wont showup, suggest something simple to start so you can test that the

mission is working with the mod and everything is showing up.

As far as Domination mission goes, thats a while nother ballgame, you will need to contact the author and or locate a thread for the mission and see if you can get help implementing the units,

or open the mission up (extract the pbo) and locate something where classes can be added for units (soldiers) as with massi's mod its all infantry.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

How do you make a Mod Folder with multiply mods in there. I am currently in the process of making a team so i would like to gather mods from Armaholic and put them in one folder for easy updates of the mods.

Welcome to Bis forums!

So what your asking is you want to run one mod instead of having multiple @ mods in your startup or launcher?

and then when any of them updates you just want to be able to throw the updated files into that one mod folder correct?

Give you an idea of what i been doing since 2009, as I have a series of compilation mods I built called WarMods each having their own specific name based on what other mod

or game they are for but, heres how they are setup:

1. You have one folder as your main mod so for example lets say your mod name is @Armagames_mod
  2. inside the @Armagames_mod you have a subfolder titled addons thats ---> addons (dont misspell it or the game wont read the mod)!
  3. inside the addons you want to put all the files that end with .pbo, and .pbo.bisign
  4. so to compile many mods into one mod, download a mod you want to add to your mod, basically open its @ folder and go into its addons folder and copy n paste the pbo's & bisgns files or move them to your @Armagames_mod addons folder.
  5. Make sure you check to see if the mod you are adding doesn't also have a userconfig which will be seperate from the @ mod folder, same goes for the keys folder
  6. So you have 3 things to a mod---> @mod (whatever the mods name is) userconfig (not all mods have one) keys
  7. all 3 of these files go into your Arma3 directory---->  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
  8. So now after you have done one mod, basically take the pbo's & bisigns and moved them or copied them to your mod's addons folder, you just repeat the process.
  9. To update any mods in your Compiled mod, then basically repeat the process, just take the updated mod version and move it to the addons folder of your mod and once you do it will ask if you wish to overwrite the existing file/s that have the same name as the one your moving, if so say yes. Note - not all updates in mods change all the files, it might be a couple, or just 1 file out of say 10 files depends what was done and the mod.

Hope that makes sense but basically you run that one compiled mod with all the other mods in it, there is another way I heard about but i forget, but this is how i been doing it.

The main concern when doing this type of compiling is that, there may be a possability of conflicts between mods, so the thing to look for is mods that do the same or similar thing, or functions, so you will want to test your game with your new mod as you add mods.

Overall just a rule of thumb is always use a mod folder for this method, NEVER add any addons (.pbos, Bisigns, and any other files) to your Arma3's directory's addon's folder,

if you get a conflict and dont know what addon does what your screwed, you'll have to delete the addons folder and do a verify integrity of cache to reacquire a shit ton of files, or spend alot of time researching.

When adding files of other mods to your one mod, be familiar with the file names, and what the mod does, as its important to know this as when

you have a conflict that you can easily go in and yank a file if its causing issues.

Lastly be sure to run @CBA_A3 with your compiled mod, or you will get some cba, event handlers type error, depends, just run it anyways,

an example my biggest mod i built with this method, took me 6 months to build, adding 4 patches about a year + but the mod was called COWarMod,

CO being Arma2CO aka Combined Ops, and the mod had over 230+ addons and mods.

any further questions send me a pm or ask here as this is what I do when i mod.

Anyways hope that helps, idk if that is exactly what your asking but just a thought it might be, if not correct me if I'm wrong. :)

• Like 1

Late reply, sorry, your very welcome, any other questions regarding mods, feel free to ask this is the thread for it :)

Hello guys so i have a problem to i want to play battle royale and i download all the mods you need its three if  i am right and it doesnt detect two mods it only detects battle royale it doesnt detect cup weapons and cba_a3 i mean it detects them but in game they are showing up red on the bootom right.Here is a picture off what i mean, and i could join one server but there was no one in there and i tried another server and i said it didnt load a building or something like that, im new to arma so please can someone help and another thing cant you make a new post on this forum.Thanks for the reply.op8km1.jpg

Hello welcome to Bis forums, and the Armaverse ;)

Usually the red dot means that you dont have the same version as the server.

You will need to contact the server, or find out what version the server is running, I cant really help you much here, havent played MP myself since earlier this year

and never played on public servers for A3, i think your best bet for answers is to ask in the MP section, not here.

Hello, I didn't see any mention of MOD order in the launcher (BIS).

I usually have CBA on the top and any sound mods at the bottom of the list.
Does any of that matter?

Cheers

16 hours ago, Mordacai said:

Hello, I didn't see any mention of MOD order in the launcher (BIS).

I usually have CBA on the top and any sound mods at the bottom of the list.
Does any of that matter?

Cheers

For Arma, it doesn't really matter. As a general rule, I go with CBA first, game changing mods second (like ACE or ALiVE), clientside mods 3rd (such as user made folding maps or whatever), weapons/equipment/vehicles/units 4th, map packs 5th (such as CUP) and maps themselves last, but honestly man I don't think it will make much of a difference.

• Like 1