Sign in to follow this  
Jon3hall

First person only servers

Hello all,

I read the thread on 3rd person view and want to find some of these first person only servers, but cannot seem to find any. I was hoping to get an invite to a password server so I could get in on some first person only action. I am guessing this is my best chance to get in on a first person only server.

Thank you.

Keep in mind that most server admins still don't really know what they're doing, and there are a lot of DayZ players basically killing time here until the stand alone is available. My hope and assumption is that the servers will improve with time.

In the mean time you probably want to look at the Multiplayer sub-forum, rather than General. Squads is also a good place to look.

You can also look at the server info in the left corner, click on a server, if it says regular or recruit, its 3d person for sure =)

If it says veteran, its probably 1st person.

Join a server called #1 UK something something. its 1st person.

anything beyond expert, is 3rd person view. Veteran is better then regular, since u can't see urself and anybody on map, since this is absolute bullshit, when you see enemies on map on regular difficulty. Takes you usualy half a hour, to find server with veteran or expert difficulty. I say lets wait abit, until people got used to arma. Hopefully there will be more 1st person, or veteran servers at least.

Would be cool if they offered something similar to DayZcommander, where you can filter for difficulty features.

Nametags on/off

Crosshairs on/off

Third person on/off

Would be cool if they offered something similar to DayZcommander, where you can filter for difficulty features.

Nametags on/off

Crosshairs on/off

Third person on/off

Thanks guys. I will keep looking. I agree would be nice to have more info on the servers. I might get blasted for saying this but if you could see the kind of detail you can about a server in BF3 that would be great. ;)

filter for [HC] or "havoc". it always has third person turned off.

Nametags on/off

Crosshairs on/off

Third person on/off

PlayWithSIX or whatever has announced they'll support Arma 3. I haven't used it, but I assume the included server browser is better than what we have now. I do hope the real built in browser includes a more robust filter system, tho.

Has anyone played on a HD projector? In my opinon it make first person seem like you are physically in the game.

Has anyone played on a HD projector? In my opinon it make first person seem like you are physically in the game.

sadly not.

Just remember it's like the matrix, if you die while playing on a HD projector...

The server I run uses custom difficulty. It says regular in the browser but I have disabled the crosshairs and 3rd person. When I can figure out how to remove the player icons they are going too. We are a UK based community and you can request the password on our forums @ www.iogc.co.uk

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The server I run uses custom difficulty. It says regular in the browser but I have disabled the crosshairs and 3rd person. When I can figure out how to remove the player icons they are going too. We are a UK based community and you can request the password on our forums @ www.iogc.co.uk

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

While I was admittedly quite annoyed at the anti-third-person complainers in the third-person threads, you're doing good things here in promoting "choice" (oh hey, Arma buzzword :D) and I encourage you to spread the word to those complainers who say that they can't find first-person-only servers -- you sound like just what they were looking for.

SFSS clan runs a "no cross-hair, no third person and no VoIP" (free public TS provided) We have also disabled all name-tags. We have active admins that will always be rotating the map so it doesn't get stuck at the lobby. The server is running Blitzkrieg and switches between 32 and 40 man matches.

www.sfssclan.com

See you there.

=MARSOC= Runs in elite almost %100 percent of the time. which is first person only

I don't know man, I like my full 180 view, and I like seeing my character with all this nice sweet gear. But it would be a nice challenge to play a first person only server :D.

ArmA-IL IDF PvP server also has all difficulty (easy-mode) settings turned off except vonID, for both regular, veteran and elite.

pws://www.arma-il.info/arma-il.yml?action=update,join,apps

VonID. Don't know why servers turn it off.

Disabled vonID makes it so no one knows who said what on what channel. Just random voices.

VonID off means Group and Command channels are useless.

Server admins need to make sure vonID is on for any chance for organized play.

Yeah, no idea why default elite difficulty turns VONID off by default. It just makes VON unusable on anything that resembles a public environment. Besides, with VONID off, you can't kick/mute whoever is spamming it.

Hello all,

I read the thread on 3rd person view and want to find some of these first person only servers, but cannot seem to find any. I was hoping to get an invite to a password server so I could get in on some first person only action. I am guessing this is my best chance to get in on a first person only server.

All =Olut= SISU servers have 3rd person disabled. We also use base-defend in our missions, if you kill someone into base, you get killed as well.

So if friendly kills you, he dies. If enemy kills you into main base, he dies. Mainbases have protected zone where enemies can't enter or they will die.

Missions are usually TvT 50 AAS and you can identify them with ending "Olutta.org".

Our servers have administrator tools installed and so far we have banned over 100 cheaters/griefers.

We do not see difference between cheaters and griefers. If you wont play nice, go somewhere else.

Our servers have 60 slots and are running on high-end hardware + netconnections, so they will give you best possible FPS as well.

atm we have 3 servers running and you can find em with giving name filter =Olut=. Servers are located at Germany.

Edited by Soppa

DLWGamers host that runs a random map server in first person only. Its up most of the time when admins are about and we are around most of the time. There are eight of us.

Join our TeamSpeak = ts.dlwgamers.com Or just filter for DLWGamers

Thank you.

DLW Team

HC servers

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

All =Olut= SISU servers have 3rd person disabled. We also use base-defend in our missions, if you kill someone into base, you get killed as well.

So if friendly kills you, he dies. If enemy kills you into main base, he dies. Mainbases have protected zone where enemies can't enter or they will die.

Missions are usually TvT 50 AAS and you can identify them with ending "Olutta.org".

Our servers have administrator tools installed and so far we have banned over 100 cheaters/griefers.

We do not see difference between cheaters and griefers. If you wont play nice, go somewhere else.

Our servers have 60 slots and are running on high-end hardware + netconnections, so they will give you best possible FPS as well.

atm we have 3 servers running and you can find em with giving name filter =Olut=. Servers are located at Germany.

http://arma3.swec.se/server/image/11058

http://arma3.swec.se/server/image/1

Awesome to know !

Do not assume that because a server is on Regular or any other setting, particularly regular, that 3rd person is either On or Off.

The difficulty settings have a line of code which should allow the server admin to define the default difficulty setting for the server, so that each time a mission is loaded, that default setting is selected.

This however is broken.

So a workaround solution for this is for the server admins to redefine their Regular or veteran settings to the default configuration they want. The only way to actually find out if a server is running only 1st person or not is to join the server and see.

The selected view may also change from mission to mission