Sign in to follow this  
Polymorph

MP Combat Rescue

Good day fellow pilots,

there is another MP mission in two versions: for ToH Rearmed and for ARMA IICO. A combat rescue action playable as pilot, gunner, forward air controller (ground) or ULB operator. Made for up to 9 guys (4 helicopters), but playable even for a single player. Remember it is for MP so the AI would not act automatically if not commanded directly and even if commanded then it would not act very smart. The strength of the OPFOR changes every time you play the mission and depends even on what helicopters are you using. Nothing major, just wanted to test some stuff out how it works in MP.

To get the guys aboard just bring your chopper in close and you will get an 'troops on' action in choppers action menue. The close you land the better the chances they will board your chopper alive.

The idea was to rescue living guys and bring the KIA back home. With those KIA pilots I got stuck a bit - it seems somtime I am not able to get the dead guys deleted, especially if they are longer 'ingame'. If there is someone with wisdom - any help would be appreciated.

The mission tested mainly on ARMA II dedicated server and as hosted MP.

Issues:

ULB not funcional in Toh and on ARMA II dedicated server (in hosted MP it works nice)

The dead guys sometimes would not disappear after the landing at the base, but mission can be finished anyway.

I attached the 'raw' format of the missions so anybody can play with it in the editor.

Link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62128874/CSAR_20130316.zip

Have fun.

very excited to try this out. Thanks for making it. I'll let you know how it goes :)

I would really like to play this most promising mission but unfortunately it seems to have a problem of some sort.

It states "You can not play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.takistan." :confused:

I have only got Rearmed but according to this thread there is no serious problem whatsoever. My actions were that I placed the content of the TOH folder on my own mission folder. And another issue may be that I see the mission twice in-game, when I go to the Challenges section. Am I doing something wrong or is it some content that is missing from the mission's downloadable content?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on guys isn't there anyone else encountering the same problem? I would really like to know.:)

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

I would really like to play this most promising mission but unfortunately it seems to have a problem of some sort.

It states "You can not play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.takistan." :confused:

I have only got Rearmed but according to this thread there is no serious problem whatsoever. My actions were that I placed the content of the TOH folder on my own mission folder. And another issue may be that I see the mission twice in-game, when I go to the Challenges section. Am I doing something wrong or is it some content that is missing from the mission's downloadable content?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on guys isn't there anyone else encountering the same problem? I would really like to know.:)

Do you have OA, since that error would suggest you are just missing Takistan, I assume thats the map it is set on.

I really haven't got Operation Arrowhead but there doesn't seem to be any requirement as such in the first post. Is it that obvious that I should have acquired it?

Thanks for the reply but maybe Polymorph will be the only one to answer my issue more directly. And sadly he or she hasn't. (Who can possibly know?):(

I really don't know. Has it worked on your pc?

I just had a look at the mission and its called 'MP_CombatRescue12ToH.Takistan.pbo' So you do need Operation Arrowhead installed to play it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now maybe I will try checking if the free version is sufficient. I haven't got it installed or downloaded but maybe I will.

It is a shame not to be able to play such missions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question please.

If I have Arma 2 free version will the 1.06 patch work and combine Arma 2 with Take on Helicopters?

I would really appreciate a prompt reply.:)

If this is possible then I will be able to play this mission at last, along with another one too.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

Hi, just to make it all clear: the mission is made for ARMA II Combined Operations (it means ARMA II and at least Operation Arrowhead) and for ToH Rearmed (which i supposed is using ARMA II Combined Ops.) So the Takistan map is mandatory to play this one. It wont be running with ARMA 2 free (no Takistan there I think). Sorry for the inconveniences.

Hi, just to make it all clear: the mission is made for ARMA II Combined Operations (it means ARMA II and at least Operation Arrowhead) and for ToH Rearmed (which i supposed is using ARMA II Combined Ops.) So the Takistan map is mandatory to play this one. It wont be running with ARMA 2 free (no Takistan there I think). Sorry for the inconveniences.

^correct, ARMA2 free is only A2, not A2CO so no takistan