Sign in to follow this  
Oligo

Car bomb in helsinki

This morning there was a car bombing in Helsinki, Finland. It even made it toCNN.

It was probably just some criminals blowing each other up as retaliation or something along those lines, but I can just see how all these frightened people are going to go ballistic (again) and demand more security.

This is just great for our Minister of Interior, Ville Itälä, who likes to use the public fear and always demands bigger police force and so on. I guess he can again get some laws passed, which increase governments grasp of the people.

This is not the first carbomb incident in Finland this year if I remeber right. I hope this is not a growing trend among the criminals. confused.gif

Yeps, I remember some moron accidentally blowing himself up, when he was trying to set up a bomb to blow some other criminal to bits. Quite lame.

It will probably blow over. We had a couple of those in Sweden to but its been real quiet for a while now. I think there were four within a relatively short timespan. Two or three related to criminal biker gangs and one related to organised crime from the East.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Two or three related to criminal biker gangs <span id='postcolor'>

I just saw my old friend, hadn't seen for a very long time, like 7

years or something.. Now he had joined Bandidos MC or is

some kind of hangaround..

BTW:

Couple of years ago I witnessed a drive-by shooting, with

an air rifle. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

So Finland is no countryside anymore.. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ July 16 2002,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW:

Couple of years ago I witnessed a drive-by shooting, with

an air rifle.  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

So Finland is no countryside anymore..  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol biggrin.gif

I remember a similiar drive-by shooting. biggrin.gif

A guy got out of a hospital (some skinheads beat him up a few days earlier) and the skinheads who had beaten him shot him with a slingshot. tounge.gif

slingshot.jpg

Well... It's better if people shoot each other with toys than with real guns.

Well maybe after this horrific incident of terrorism the Finnish police will finally be issued with Sisu XA-180's to suppress the soaring and uncontrollable wave of violent crime in Helsinki... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ July 16 2002,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A guy got out of a hospital (some skinheads beat him up a few days earlier) and the skinheads who had beaten him shot him with a slingshot. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lollol. That is pure evil.... you beat up the guy and then after he comes out of the hospital you shoot him with a ... slingshot biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 16 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems you guys are taking terrorism pretty lightly.  I don't really understand.   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Would you consider a drive-by shooiting in a ghetto for 'terrorism'?

This wasn't terrorism it was just some stupid criminals getting hold of explosives..

Lol, the crime did take place in the center of Helsinki, not in the "ghetto", but I don't think it was any different by nature than any other city mugging, stabbing or shooting, except that whoever did it had access to explosives.

A few years back some bikers used a CarlGustav to resolve a dispute and nobody called it a terrorist incident (besides, they fired it from too close range and the warhead failed to arm itself, hehe wink.gif ). I was just being sarcastic, residuum.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ July 16 2002,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, the crime did take place in the center of Helsinki, not in the "ghetto", but I don't think it was any different by nature than any other city mugging, stabbing or shooting, except that whoever did it had access to explosives.

A few years back some bikers used a CarlGustav to resolve a dispute and nobody called it a terrorist incident (besides, they fired it from too close range and the warhead failed to arm itself, hehe wink.gif ). I was just being sarcastic, residuum.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I wasn't saying that it was an ghetto shooting, I was just comparing it to one. Perhaps I was a bit unclear on the point smile.gif

Oh, the biker shooting wasn't a CarlGustav but a Pansarskott m86. It was Bandidos who fired it at Hell's Angels HQ and they made a pretty hole in the wall. Nobody got hurt smile.gif

shoot....can someone get one of those Pansarskott m86 for me?

if biker gangs can get it, can I? biggrin.gif

but yes, this is an isolated incident to me.

biggrin.gif You were dead on with the original post, Oligo biggrin.gif. I just watched the evening news and Ville Itälä (Finnish interior minister) said something to the effect that this incident marked "the end of age of innocence for Finland" and that "Finland was a truly modern casmopolitan state now" etc... because of a relatively minor criminal act, with similar occasions happening before. I guess the politicians will use anything to push their BS on people wink.gif

I think people are so scared nowadays, because of the very very efficient media. Every little incident is reported to the max in real time.

I'd just love to know how our times are more violent than the past times. At least we don't have white VALPO shooting reds on the streets with military issue machine guns or read VALPO shooting whites on the streets with military issue machine guns like happened many many times in the center of Helsinki just about 60 years ago. People forget fast.

"Oh, the biker shooting wasn't a CarlGustav but a Pansarskott m86. It was Bandidos who fired it at Hell's Angels HQ and they made a pretty hole in the wall. Nobody got hurt"

And prior to this one there had been another failed attempt where they held the P-skott backwards, facing the wrong direction...

The biker war in Sweden would have been much shorter if they actually knew what the heck they were doing smile.gif

"A guy got out of a hospital (some skinheads beat him up a few days earlier) and the skinheads who had beaten him shot him with a slingshot."

Well, slingshots can pack quite a punch. A friend of mine has a slingshot with an armrest. He shoots metal marbles with it. Can go straight through the windshield of a car. Imagine what that would do to a persons head...ouch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ July 17 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nah, they are marbles. Nickelplated (is it nickel in English?).<span id='postcolor'>

yes, nickel

Suspect has been arrested late Tuesday night.

Last year, somebody tried to kill the man who died in the explosion. With firearms. So I think that this could be just something personal.

No bikers, no jihad involved, AFAIK..

The car bomb that R.G. referred to (car bomb in Finland earlier this year) was set by a jealous husband, and never went off, as

police was able to de-arm it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ July 16 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ville Itälä (Finnish interior minister) said something to the effect that this incident marked "the end of age of innocence for Finland" and that "Finland was a truly modern casmopolitan state now" etc...<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

I would like to say something straight to Ville Itälä's face but I don't want to make him cry. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to say something straight to Ville Itälä's face<span id='postcolor'>

Don't!! He knows the secret art of Karate!! biggrin.gif