Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

Arma 3 SeaLife Project

omg thromp that thing is disgusting,scary, and terrific!

Its only a pic from Blendswap ,i do have it in game but it wont be in sea life lol

BackOnTrack

n2pGeVDaDS4

Something prettier to take the Sting away

Only Monster i will be Porting

3JmnfjEwuhE

Original model and textures by : Der_on

Edited by Thromp

Awesome! I hoped so much for a jellyfish! I was too shy to ask, because animating a jelly must be really strange and unique.

An OT question: Do you know if it´s possible to place objects at the seaground without editing the map? Thought about some underwater scenario, like corals, stone formations and plants. The trick would be to place them. Maybe you have a hint for me.

hmm setposASL - whatever number i think there is a new one called SetposASLW or something check BIKI i know there is a way because i put a cave on the ground under sea justcant remember what it was , but even if you set below seabed the land contact should still set it on top of it

AH! The whale is even more epic! Stop it please, this massive attack of awesomness. When you go on, the next DLC is an empty water world. With

Kevin Costner and the Man from Atlantis as Chars.

this is so refreshing. i hope you release an early test version soon so we can have some fun with it.

one suggestion. slow down the whale animations to half the speed. he's huge. make him move slow and gently.

it should look more like slow motion

keep it up. awesome stuff!

Hi , I am currently learning animation via youtube in blender , I am very happy I have learned FSM to create neural network for mamals and fish for feeding and hunting , I am happy I have models and license to release , now just creating skeleton , rigging and skinning in blender I hope then a relwase 6-8 weeks

Thanks for interest

Thanks Thromp, cant wait for this release!

take your time mate as this is a learning experience for you no doubt. Maybe you could think about adding other objects like jellyfish,octopus etc.. (just a suggestion), looking real good btw

Absolutely amazing cant wait......er any chance of fishing for these off the beach, be good to unwind after combat mmmm all i need to find now is a barbecue and beer mod.

Everything is possible in Armas long as you have imagination and belief :)

Everything is possible in Armas long as you have imagination and belief :)

So Thromp, how are you going from Blender to O2 with your animations? Are you rigging in blender and then doing the animations in ofp anim?

Ones in video are ofp anim

The ones I working on now are blender to bvh hacker to 02 , im waiting for full release though , I switched to Dev version and had a torrid time keeping up , altho it got me closer to a more in tune config , I decided ill wait till full release now so I dont have to keep updating inheritannce and some FSM changes .

Forgot to mention weighting final is done in o2

Thromp now Sealife

Good to hear that... Big fan of your project. Any plans of making scary shark atack animation combined with player's struggle animation - something like in Far Cry 3?. It would be great if, when shark grab you for the first time you have this animation of struggling with him (let's say that it is bitting your hand), then he let go (if it isn't extra hard, some "key control to press" implemantation to free yourself would be nice). If shark grab you for the second time you are dead :)

Edited by iguanapl

Can you add dolphins based on the real life dolphins which live in the real world waters off of Lemnos and Agios Efstratios?

And have predatory behavior like one animal eating another?

I'm genuinely pleased and happy to see someone is taking care of this aspect.

The new engine, lighting and environments in general are extremely appealing in visual terms. The most time I spend in the new A3 world is observing sunrises, diving or just being a passenger in a car traveling from one corner of the map to the opposite one. Yesterday I was using the inbuilt camera tool to photograph bees and butterflies. maybe it's not the most proper way to be playing a mil-sim per se... but one just can't resist the sheer beauty of the game. This world just screams for being filled with life and I'm happy to see some nice specimens on the horizon. Please do keep this up! Thromp [now Sealife] :)

PS: Oh, and +1 vote on the request above /\ :P

Edited by topas

New Mouse and keyboard are ready to begin the Projct again on the 12th when I hope we are stable :)

Fortunately i did that early work and commentd the progress in the configs so i should make good speed :)