Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

Arma 3 SeaLife Project

Havent had much time this weekend but tried messing with a few things .

Here is a quick show reel of some experiments place holder anims ( they take along time to make so no point going mad yet if concept wont work ).

TMcMxE4iZgk

I really like where this is going :)

Great work!

Can I have the following?

1) Sharks with freakin' laser beams on their heads

2) Navy seals with high speed nightvision

Thanks

Oh wow!! Loving that yacht! Already have an idea for a sniping mission involving an evil Russian media mogul! You have make sexy women in bikinis to go on it though! ;)

Would underwater wrecks be considered as part of sea life? Be great if you could include more of them :D Great work!

You can literally just set the elevation to existing wrecks to under sea level/on the sea floor. I've been using Caa1 to work on some underwater wreck dive sites... one is a frigate with tanks/turrets/connex containers spread over the ocean floor... it's still pretty bad looking I'm an editing newb... (my youtube channel has a few clips of underwater wrecks)

Just in time for me to post this :)

AWESEOME lol...

I really like the idea of this project and I think it would also be cool if you could have two island maps with a large body of water that is very deep (if possible). Then you could have items and "undiscovered" sea animals spread out in the sea where players could form teams to do expeditions and post pics of their findings here in the forums in a sticky thread based on the mod. Adding more fish could be just the start because I can see big things for sea addons given how great diving is in A3. Look forward to your work.
Yes let's keep it real depending on terrain lol, but very awesome stuff so far. Just that orca tail needs some fixing hehe
think more reef, I know it just plant clutter, not to hard to do. buoys would be cool too. so much can be done. I like see sample of ambit fish. have try some sea life but it fly in the sky.

3 Different opinions, 3 completely different directions! That is whats great about mod makers not sticking to any rule set of reality or not, some people want crazy stuff and the reality freaks can just not use that...

@Thromp the breaching/diving is AWESOME!!!!

Looks great this definitely adds another level to the atmosphere! Btw Orca's have much smaller white/cream color patches above the eyes in real life compared to yours, in most cases! And along with Great Whites, Bull's, Tiger's and many small species of Sharks/fish live in the "Arma3" Islands Oceans/Bays as in RL, as they are based on Greek Islands!

Dave,

Cheers for the Feedback and information all , i had another hour this evening to test some theories , i am now confident that making a new ambience with nice AI is possible , i will now spend more time refining the Animations now i know its worth the time and dedication.

here is just a small reel from my endeavours tonight . entitled " A sharks gotta eat"

4fK55X4iJEI

Wow this is impressive! is it possible to make schools of fish in A3?

This is very promising. I'm so captivated by how beautiful the underwater is on ARMA 3, that I'm tempted to have so many missions at sea.

Maybe someone will make a Naval combat MOD. Since we've all been waiting for more Naval combat since the days of Flashpoint.

WO good work on that white shark Thromp!!!! I will try this out for sure as soon as you release this!!!

Ho and if you ever do a mod for this, make sure that the chance of appearance will be rare. Everyone would enjoy the view of the White Shark, but if we see it too much, it will rapidly lose its charm. My feeling is that we should not see it more than once in a 30 minutes dive.

it will be mission placed so when it appears will be upto mission maker or whomever

i will make a module too if i get chance .

Slow down at moment because i am doing 3 things at once :)

Just a quick and painful update ,

I have been trying to fix something for a few days now and realised suddenly the latest iteration of stable update somehow broke the ability to class the shark and whale as i have before .

I hope to come back to this on full release but for now i feel chasing BIS tail keep updating with each iteration is alittle too much.

expected when trying to develop aong side an alpha i realise , so no complaints only a pause :).

cheers

Oi. Well amazing work and can't wait to see it move forward once the alpha changes settle down a bit.

Great Work!

well i have some slightly better news , after a night sleep and gathered thoughts i looked changelog and concluded an error in first alpha release regarding ofp2manskeleton was fixed, this fix now caused my model.cfg in the animation (rtm) folder whilst binarising to crash game

so i removed and it works again :0

however there is somee erro in binarisation log which i dont like, even tho it does not spam arma game report anymore . maybe bis have same error in there bin log , i will try to ask when i havea nice formatted question :).

Hi Thromp.

Great to hear that.

I absolutly love your sea work! Is it hard to animate the Sharks and the Orca? When you need some help with new models i can give you a hand but i can´t help with the configs and all the brain eating "text-stuff" and also not with the animation work.

What i can do are O2 models with the lod´s and some kind of texture.

So, when you are interested, let me know.

Btw, my personally wish where some really big ones, like the Spermwhale, maybe a Marlin and maybe some Jellyfish.

Hi Thromp.

Great to hear that.

I absolutly love your sea work! Is it hard to animate the Sharks and the Orca? When you need some help with new models i can give you a hand but i can´t help with the configs and all the brain eating "text-stuff" and also not with the animation work.

What i can do are O2 models with the lod´s and some kind of texture.

So, when you are interested, let me know.

Btw, my personally wish where some really big ones, like the Spermwhale, maybe a Marlin and maybe some Jellyfish.

Well to get Animations perfect is very hard but i am learning :).

So you make models or simply port them in from other people that allow it like me ?

if you make models then what would be nice to try but i have the models of whales i would like to get in there, however i think soon a patch for TOH and A3 might arrive so whales are done i think ?

I make my own models. Feint´s Raven is from me, also the cal.68 Paintball mod and some small work with other Armaholics. But i hate those damn configs and all the stuff, so i search sometimes for a jointventure.

The whales in ToH are not very nice. There a 2 of them, but i guess it´s the same model in 2 sizes. Their animations are also very basic.

Anyway, if you need someone for modelling work, let me know. Your mod is on the top in my personally A3 wish list. Diving in A3 is awesome, so lets fill the underwater world.

Sounds like a Plan ,

make your favourite model and i will get it in the game for you, however i would like to show you how to animate so you can maybe progress from the modelling alone and maybe cofig work :)

My time is short on the game but a whale or dolphin should be too long to ame simple animations for

Haha, thanks for the offer. You don´t have an idea how bad i am with every kind of coding. Ask mr Burns. I have done a Bobycar for learning some of this stuff.

It took me 5-6 weeks till i got the wheels turning and rolling. And this was with a template car in the Backround where i c+p every little selection name.

I have a axisblablupp.error till today :o Guess not even Chuck Norris can debug my stuff.

But it would be great to make a model for the mod.

What did you mean with that:

but a whale or dolphin should be too long to ame simple animations for
?

That those wouldn´t look good because of their size? What would be a good scale?

haha well the trick is to name them how you think not to follow someone elses logic if not_wheel axis then wheel_turns_around_this :)

well on scale i think Man is around 2m tall possibly 1.8 so i guess base any mammals on that :)

Hi Thromp,

i´ve made a Marlin for you (and me hehe)

Here you are: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7457213/baraka_marlin.exe.html

It hasn´t a rvmat yet, but you can have a look if there are any proplems with the model.

Here is a render from max:

<a  href=marlinq8gnae9ftz.jpg' alt='marlinq8gnae9

In the link is the .p3d and the texture, but without an normal map, i try to make one in the next days.

If anyone else is interested in the model: You can use it, and yes, Credits would be nice.

Let me know what you think.

Hey looking good Baraka ,

i will have alook this evening and try get some animation on it tomorrow , good work

Some progress

AGXMH8u-8io

Edited by Thromp
Added Video of progress

This is great!

Looks very natural for me (never saw a Marlin in RL)

The Shark must be huge, at least 5 mtr i guess! We will have to check ourself for bleeding wounds before taking a bath.