Sign in to follow this  
topas

W39_infantry pre-alpha WIP teaser (SEPTEMBER 1939 MOD)

Topas, I can't tell you how grateful I am to you for posting this. I have been waiting for September 1939 addons since W39 mod for Operation Flashpoint. I really really have a lot of respect for you and your work here. However, it saddens that there are so few people from Poland commenting this thread as it shows that polish ARMA scene is dead. Back in OFP times, after relase of such wonderful mod (even in very early alpha stage), the hype on forums would last for months, people would be making missions etc.

Well, maybe it's nostalgia speaking through me :) , anyway I want you to know that there are still people who are tracking this mod progress, hell you made me install ArmA 2 again :)

In 2007-2009, I published a version of OFP for some units of the W39-45 AÄŒSR38 mode.interest in the Second World War is unfortunately limited in the community for only a few modes that live models from the past. :/ Nothing new and interesting then not much.

Hey Topas,

your units are really very nice.

Hope you finish your mod one day... if not for Arma2 then Arma3 maybe.

I must have missed it then, if I ever get back to OFP I will definitely give it a try , thank you :) What you're saying is true - interest in WW II in community is limited, but it was WAY bigger during OFP times (on the other hand people were making more addons etc.), we are missing a lot of great WW II mods nowadays, I really miss Liberation or WW II part of FDF mod, that was soo much fun. Let's hope things will get better when AIII comes out .

Hi Petr. Yes, I was testing this schron some long time ago in the beginnings of W39 work for ArmA II. I even especially downloaded the @CAA1 Project to be able to view it, as I remember. Oh, I do even still have a screenshot:

arma2oa2011020922121435.jpg

We have three of such fortified structures / pillboxes in the mods as well. I have just never shown them as they require too much work before being presented (most probably rvmat issues, inverted shadows etc.)... ;/ Plus, I believe they were originally done for OFP by some previous teammembers, as they're too small in scale.

Here, some 2011 screenshots to show what I mean.

arma2oa2011062021525134.jpgarma2oa2011062001380811.jpgarma2oa2011062021511278.jpgarma2oa2011062021503288.jpgarma2oa2011062001553863.jpgarma2oa2011062001510443.jpg

@McLupo

Thank you very much for taking the time. I responded in detail to your review over at your site. I see you have mentioned a need for some vehicles in your article - two of those, also in pre-alpha stage have been released to accompany the troops in the editor ;)

Topas, I can't tell you how grateful I am to you for posting this. I have been waiting for September 1939 addons since W39 mod for Operation Flashpoint. I really really have a lot of respect for you and your work here. However, it saddens that there are so few people from Poland commenting this thread as it shows that polish ARMA scene is dead. Back in OFP times, after relase of such wonderful mod (even in very early alpha stage), the hype on forums would last for months, people would be making missions etc.

Well, maybe it's nostalgia speaking through me :) , anyway I want you to know that there are still people who are tracking this mod progress, hell you made me install ArmA 2 again :)

Same to me, I also installed Arma 2 again, just to see your pre-alpha release and it was worth it. I also registered to the biforums today, just to say thank you Topas and guys :)

Dziękuję bardzo, Panowie.

Thank you Gentlemen. Statements as such can really give you wings. Good to see fellow countrymen out there, still caring.

PS: In the times described by Tarkin92, the Wrzesien39mod team had how many, 20 members? This also tells you something.

Hope you have enjoyed this for what it is - work still continues and the results are meant to be much better in the end.

Czołem ;)

Will you add more variations of German NCOs and officers in late version, Topas? I like the current options of those soldiers and troops. It could see the great potentienal future.

Yes, it is planned. What was released was actualy only was Vilas managed to glue together for us from Jaksa/Lodu mlods. Not sure when and by whom, but more variations are planned, for each sides.

Very nice teaser-release Topas.

I especially love the look of the included trucks - great textures.

But the Germans and Poles look great too.

I also like the selection of unique weapons that helps W39 to stand out from other WW2-themed mods.

Keep it up, and if you are ever stuck with a config/scripting issue, just PM me.

Cheers,

D.

The grenade launcher for polish infantry is very useful. Just like something US troops used in Vietnam War! Actually, in terms of small arms, it seems polish has got more options and variations, at least in this alpha release, such as AT rifles, SMGs, semiauto rifles, they really shouldn't lose the battles against German infantry squads.

To begin with I welcome everyone and I am greeting calÄ… team pracujaca above the W39 modem. I am faithful milosnikiem army along from team from ktora czesto I am playing (, veterani.pl & = yeah Name =) jestesmy szczesliwi around ktos in ogole podjal sie above Polish historical modem as rowniez above mozliwoscia of playing in przyszlosci of historical battles dotyczacych of that period in every from gory dziekuje in one's name as well as my kolegow (rodakow). czesto we are playing missions (ktore alone we are creating) historical or the ones ktore mialy place in rzeczywistosci.Ledwo after showing sie alphas dalo for us juz mozliwosc of fighting the battle under wet, first bloodiest from that period (enough what pozwolila for us Alpha) in every dziekujemy tworcom.chociaz it what pisal TOPAS bedzie still duzo of changes and ztego of reason of mum mala uwage as for the uniform according to historiamianowicie is wearing the hat here against the sailor should byc without the small roof on the hat but it maly szczegolik.POZDRAWIAM

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

I am greeting and too zle tlumaczenie from gory I apologise from the fast after wyzej