Sign in to follow this  
topas

W39_infantry pre-alpha WIP teaser (SEPTEMBER 1939 MOD)

W R Z E S I E Ń 1 9 3 9

p r e - a l p h a W I P t e a s e r

Infantry (145MB)

Weapons(62MB)

Cfg (7kb)

---------------------------------------------------

ACHTUNG!

SPECIAL DOWNLOAD LINK FOR OUR GERMAN FRIENDS !!

Infantry (for German members)

Alternate version with swastikas and controversial symbols removed from the textures

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi folks,

It's far from what still is intended and is surely subject to changes - yet there's currently no workforce to make these happen.

As I honestly do not know how things will turn out and what's to happen to the mod itself - I decided I'll publish the most playable of the addons from our repository, a basic infantry pack along with some weaps.

It has it's flaws (WIP textures, slight model issues etc.) but is already playable to an acceptable degree.

Why even release this at such early stage?

- I've grown bored by W39 being no more than a screenshot-mod after such a long development,

- Plus, perhaps some of you out there try it out and feel inspired enough to sign up and help forming a new team that'll push things forward again, with the pace that once was? Who knows ;)

Anyway;

Inside you'll find a preliminary selection of 3 factions:

- Wojsko Polskie,

- Wehrmacht,

- RKKA,

arma2oa2012110414540294.th.jpgarma2oa2012110215214109.th.jpgarma2oa2012091522591789.th.jpg

Hope you guys have as much fun with it as it's possible at this stage, even despite it's obvious flaws (technical and historical).

If you're affraid of bugs - don't download - as the topic says, it's a pre-alpha teaser.

Credits:

- Jaksa

- Lodu

- Vilas

- Petrtlach

- Yac

- Topas

Edited by topas

Thanks Guys, again - merely enjoy it for what it is at this stage. I still sincerely do hope I'll be able to present you the full, polished product at some point of time. This is just to make the wait more bearable for those who expect the full total conversion with all promissed goodies.

Great news. Congrats. :D. I'm launching editor and i'm start doing missions.

Ps: do you also plan to release few vehicles or other things for all factions. Also as Alpha. This would be good for missionmakers. Not too much, maybe truck or two, some armored vehicle/tanks or something.

Edited by tom3kb

Cool. Whatever you'll make now will not work in the future versions though.

I am very greatful for Vilas having helped me out with infantry, as without him there won't be anything at this moment beside loose .p3d and .paa files - but the config he wrote and classes he invented are surely subject to a complete change in the future.

That's a bad news "Whatever you'll make now will not work in the future versions though" :( So i must wait little longer. :) So far better to do missions only for private use, but who knows maybe i will release small mission pack for Alpha.

Edited by tom3kb

Ps: do you also plan to release few vehicles or other things for all factions. Also as Alpha. This would be good for missionmakers. Not too much, maybe truck or two, some armored vehicle/tanks or something.

The pack is extensive and is currently subject to an overhaul. I'd need someone to 'chop' it to bits to extract a truck or two. I'd rather wait for the config/selections work being outsourced now to be completed.

PS: I'm reuploading the infantry pack, as there was clearly a texture for the German nco missing. (FIXED)

Edited by topas

Very nice surprise indeed :) going to download now :)

Awesome stuff Topas, congrats on the release:)

It's very promising, a great attention to the details (such as the ammo belt of the German MG or the animation of the Chauchat). I've got an error message about the Berthier (which seems to be missing).

Weapons .pbo download link updated. The Berthier should now be available for the Obrona Narodowa units.

Edited by topas

HI,Topa, many thanks for the release of this teaser! A very nice surprise, I only thought we had to wait till later in ARMAIII. A good decision anyway.

Like those well modeled and textured troops, especially the polish soldiers! The awesome details such as German bullet belt carried by the gunner are really great to see in this newmod, which was overlooked by all others since OFP except for my own inofficially modified stuff. It brings much reality atmosphere in WWII scenarias.

Edited by Fkymplbo

Congratulations for alpha-release, topas:)

It's a very good tendentious - to give a community to "taste" the game or mod on alpha stage, bacause it's easier to fix some issues and bugs , and improve the mod

Thank for your work, the work like this make arma the best game ever, because give a best invention of history era.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/arma2oa2012110201085856.jpg

Are you sure that this is the way Virtuti Miliatri was worn on field unifroms?

Good remark, brechozord, It was not - but the way it's placed now is a good compromise between history and the way the models are constructed.

If the medal was to be closer to the center of the chest, next to the buttons it's texture would get distorted. You will notice this on the buttons themselves when you change stance fron prone to crouch etc. the buttons are no longer round, but oval and squeezed. It is for the same reason that the whole pockets and the chest eagle of the Wehrmacht is lower than in RL.

Anyway, I am attempting to have medals, insignia and rank on the epaulettes rather attached to the model (with hidden selections and alpha texture) than on the difuse map in the next version.

@THX-1338

Thanks for the kind words. I strongly suggest to consider this a pre-alpha, as the topic title says.

I'm too aware of the issues still to be adressed to confirm it a stable alpha. As stated in the opening post - after having seen only screenshots for such a long time the community deserves to get a closer look - even if the current version is still flawed.

@Foxhound

Many thanks

Oh, btw. speaking of screenshots - If you happen to take some nice pics during testing, I'll be happy to see them ;)

Edited by topas

I have updated the firsdt post with download link for a de-nazified version of the infantry.pbo.

German community members will now also have the chance to have a look at it, without any legal trouble. :)

Having tested the alpha stuff under In44 Mod platform for the whole day, really a great fun. Those various polish troops with lots of options are giving a very nice addition to the current WWII scenaria.

I remember the very first thread about this mod...in February 2011...

Now you succeeded in overcoming all the difficulties.

Great to see that your´re able to offer an alpha content.

Congrats to the staff member for all the effort!

I will give feedback in a timely manner, that´s for sure.

***Edit***

Preview is done...have a look!

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1835&entries=0#post13998

Regards

McLupo

Edited by McLupo
Link attached

Topas, I can't tell you how grateful I am to you for posting this. I have been waiting for September 1939 addons since W39 mod for Operation Flashpoint. I really really have a lot of respect for you and your work here. However, it saddens that there are so few people from Poland commenting this thread as it shows that polish ARMA scene is dead. Back in OFP times, after relase of such wonderful mod (even in very early alpha stage), the hype on forums would last for months, people would be making missions etc.

Well, maybe it's nostalgia speaking through me :) , anyway I want you to know that there are still people who are tracking this mod progress, hell you made me install ArmA 2 again :)