Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 3 - ai first aid support

i dont understand how to work with description file pls give me ready this file?because i dont understand what i do write in this file i do for instruction but arma3 give me mistake... sorry for my bad engkish pls give me redy decription file

Can anyone esplain to me how to use this? Nothing happens when following the steps of the OP. As well as the fact his readme includes this line: WARNING: this version requires Functions Module (script version included in template). I have no idea what hes talking about in that sentence. From looking at the editor there is no fuctions module in A3 like in A2. A demo mission would very nice. thank you have a ncie day.

You HAVE included all the folders in the @DAP folder haven't you? If not reinstall it properly.

I can't get this to work either. I have followed all the steps and nothing happens :(

You HAVE included all the folders in the @DAP folder haven't you? If not reinstall it properly.

All files from dap folder are in mission folder. so care to explain what YOU did to get this thing to work. Step by step.

---------- Post added at 01:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

Let me try this again since the only person who bothered to reply my post dosent seem to care about helping. If there is anyone in the fourms who has goten this thing working please past step by step. Clearly how you managed to do it.

Nope. I can't get it working either. Stable version 1.08. NO addons. Fired up Stratis in the editor and tossed a NATO (bluefor) infantry group on a hill with one opfor soldier just to create some injuries, made the team leader "player". Saved the mission. Completely quit out of the game. Copied everything from the DAP repository into the mission folder so the example init.sqf, Description.ext and that Stringtable are all in the mission root. Started the game, loaded the mission up, previewed. No drag option in the action menu. AI squadmates of mine were KIA and not even the medic unit tried to revive them.

Something broken or are we just missing something here?

Thanks in advance!

Seems to work as long as your not the group leader or not part of the group. The drag command does appear and ive seen other members of the squad dragging the injured before healing. Not seen anything with the enemy side. Only tried in SP.

Seems to work as long as your not the group leader or not part of the group. The drag command does appear and ive seen other members of the squad dragging the injured before healing. Not seen anything with the enemy side. Only tried in SP.

Hmmm... Are you on a dev build or stable? I tried it again this time adding myself as a single soldier not grouped with the rest. Threw a few more ungrouped infantry on the map too. A couple of the group dropped, one of the ungrouped dropped and the opfor that dealt the damage eventually got shot as well. I couldn't drag or revive any of them.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I ran it a few times in a manner where I would be shot. I didn't see the bleedout timer or anything either. :(

think its safe to say this addon while it had great future is dead and broken. Dont know what a dev build is runnining whatever steam gives you myself. wish the ai revive from a2 worked in a3.

@ Oktybr, i'm running the stable version. The whole thing seems a bit erratic whether anything will happen. I have spawned in 1 group and either played as a member of that team or group or as an individual, but not as a team leader. I have then shot one of the others in the leg. Doing this once nothing happens, but twice or three times there is a "i'm inured " response after between 4 - 14 seconds ish and a medic will run over and help or the injured unit will be told to heal himself. To get the unit to fall down injured normally ends in him getting killed and then the group will shoot me :( If a member does fall down injured then you get the choice to drag or heal. I haven't managed to get healed whilst down but I do get varying bleed outs with the heart beat sound.

@zero, you can opt for the development version in steam but by default it will be set as stable. I think the mod is working but may depend on what units are carrying med kits perhaps,,don't really know.

DAPMAN, is this broke because A3 does not do functions module anymore? I have tried putting the waituntil...line in front of the init. I am trying to use the script version and not having any luck. No errors in RPT either. I would love to use this with bCombat mod so bad.

Edit:

use the A3 Wounding System script with bcombat. Seems to do what I was looking for.

Edited by sttosin

@ Oktybr, i'm running the stable version. The whole thing seems a bit erratic whether anything will happen. I have spawned in 1 group and either played as a member of that team or group or as an individual, but not as a team leader. I have then shot one of the others in the leg. Doing this once nothing happens, but twice or three times there is a "i'm inured " response after between 4 - 14 seconds ish and a medic will run over and help or the injured unit will be told to heal himself. To get the unit to fall down injured normally ends in him getting killed and then the group will shoot me :( If a member does fall down injured then you get the choice to drag or heal. I haven't managed to get healed whilst down but I do get varying bleed outs with the heart beat sound.

@zero, you can opt for the development version in steam but by default it will be set as stable. I think the mod is working but may depend on what units are carrying med kits perhaps,,don't really know.

Did you manage to get it to work? I gave it a try yesterday. I get the bloodscreen and everything but the units don't become injured. But I also think it has something to do with the medikits. Could this be the line that checks weather there is a medikit/FAK in the inventory?: ? ((!(isPlayer _unit)) and (({((_x == "FirstAidKit")or(_x == "MediKit"))} count _allitems)>0) or (_allmedics > 0))): exit

Cheers!

Did you manage to get it to work? I gave it a try yesterday. I get the bloodscreen and everything but the units don't become injured. But I also think it has something to do with the medikits. Could this be the line that checks weather there is a medikit/FAK in the inventory?: ? ((!(isPlayer _unit)) and (({((_x == "FirstAidKit")or(_x == "MediKit"))} count _allitems)>0) or (_allmedics > 0))): exit

Cheers!

Nope. I gave up and switched to Pyscho's "A3 Wounding System". Has drag and carry and AI in your squad will come heal you too, when you are unconscious. Originally a script but now comes in an addon form as well :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170975-A3-Wounding-System

Is this not working right anymore? This is my favorite system. I tried Pyscho's quick the other day, and wasn't a big fan.

Is this not working right anymore? This is my favorite system. I tried Pyscho's quick the other day, and wasn't a big fan.

Well. I managed to get it to work now. I found out the following: The Dapman script will not work if the unit has a medikit or an firstaidkid in its inventory---> Unit could heal itself. BUT: It worked with one of dapmans missions. That confused me.

Here is the solution:

1. In this thread is a link to one of dapmans missions (page 4).

2. Follow the link and download the mission. It is a pack of 3 missions.

3. Unpack one of the ppo's. In the folder you will find the dapman script.

4. Inside the dapman folder (just like the one from the script you can download here) there is a file named woundingmain. This seems do be a different one then the one in the script you can download here. There are variables set for the medikit and the FAK.

5. Replace the woundingmain from the script here with the one from the mission and it should work if everything is in place.

If something is not clear, feel free to contact me

Nice tips to fix it!

I have a new question now. I'm also running VAS, which also uses a stringtable. Are these two scripts compatible?

I'll give merging them another go. Thanks!

Does this script, does ANY of them, enable opfor AI to heal each other, for coop use?

I'll give merging them another go. Thanks!

Does this script, does ANY of them, enable opfor AI to heal each other, for coop use?

This script does. If an enemy ai is injured the other units of the ai team will try to heal him.

But now I experienced a issue with the alive mod. The script doesn't work for units spawned with the alive mod. If I add a group of soldiers manualy in the editor it works with this group but not with the ones spawned by alive (and i guess it won't work with MCC neither). BUT:

My idea is to place a trigger across the map which gets triggered everytime a bluefor or opfor unit is detected to assign the dapman-script to the new units to make it work with addons that spawn units during the missions. Maybe with the string from the init: [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf" What do you think? :confused:

Edited by Jety2011

Perhaps just have it as an addon that will always add to all units? JCae did this for A3 Wounding script and it works very well.

Perhaps just have it as an addon that will always add to all units? JCae did this for A3 Wounding script and it works very well.

That's an idea. I'll give it a try.

The link does not work anymore mate.

Which link do you mean?

Soo. I created a little work around that fixes the alive mod issue. As I say it is just a workaround as I have very limited scripting skills and unfortunately no idea how to make a mod out of a script. So here is what i did:

I created a trigger on the map which gets triggered when i call alpha. Make sure you can trigger it mulitple times (more units spawning during mission). Write this in the on activation box: null=[AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

If the script is in place and you call alpha the script is assigned to the new spawned units.

If you think know, why the hell is this guy messing around with this stuff is simple: I really like this script because the ai does heal each other no mather if its blufor or opfor or whateverfor. And they can heal you. I even saw the ai dragging one of their injured units to a save possition (doesn't happen to often but it happens)

TIP: If you use the TPW_Mods you can do the following: Disable TPW_bleedout in the config, enable TPW_Fall and set the tpw_fall_falltime to 0. If a unit is hit, it falls to the ground now instead of going prone. In my opinion it is a great future that brings more realism to the gameplay.

Cheers!