Sign in to follow this  
mdgrim

I require assistance with setting up a ending to a mission.

Hey everyone, I am in a bit of a pickle here... I have successfully made my first mission for the arma series (I have randomly spawned civilians, random enemy patrols, all tasks working, briefing working, etc,etc,etc). The only issue is, I can't figure out how to make the mission end after all tasks are completed. Now I have looked up how to do such a thing for a few hours now and I think I have found the issue... Every solution I have seen has involved out of game scripting (such as .SQF files, which I know little to nothing about) and/or using triggers to make the missions tasks. I have made my tasks using arma 3's modules.

Can anyone explain how to make a mission end if the tasks were made this ways? Lets say for this example I have 10 tasks total for the mission. Also, if possible I would like to use call BIS_fnc_endMission; function (which is the ending you get for the SP showcase missions, I have tested this in a trigger and the ending works properly), I know that you put this line into the trigger's condition, but that is where it ends. Also, the function just mentioned is not a necessity, just being able to end the mission is enough for me, that is just extra heh.

This link is to an image I made explaining the creation of a task using the modules (for this example task, the task is completed once a blufor unit enters the trigger location): http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/WNxGrim/arma3modulesystem.jpg

Link to thread explaining the showcase ending: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149313-quot-Mission-complete-quot-like-in-the-showcases-how-to

*Things not mentioned in the module image* All modules used to create and complete the task are synchronized together. For the task to show up in briefing/mission, the 'create task' module (labeled A in the img) must be synchronized to every unit that you want the task(s) to show up for.

Edited by mdgrim

Its pretty easy, have in each task completion triggers in the on activation box a public variable like this "task1 = true" (without the quotes in every case) then in the 2nd task trigger "task2 = true"

Then create a separate trigger with end #1 being the type

Activation can be NONE

Set to timeout and put 20 in the min, 20 in Mid and 20 in Max (means trigger acivates 20 seconds after being triggered, so mission will end 20 seconds after the last task is done (set to true))

This in the condition box "task1 and task2" (again without the quotes). Then that trigger will activate only when each of the other 2 triggers have been set to true.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help tay-uk that worked :), I still can't figure out how to get that function to activate when the mission ends (either goes off right at mission start or not at all), but like I said that is just extra stuff heh