b00tsy

Co05_SP Silent Justice Stratis

silentjusticestratis1.jpg

Silent Justice - Stratis 1.3 (alpha)

Coop-05

SP

6Mb

The mission:

This is a stealth spec-ops mission where you have to rescue NATO hostages from the Iranian forces.

It is a variant of the original Silent Justice mission on the Chernarus map in ArmA 2.

A NATO chopper that was transporting a high ranking NATO officer was shot down over the coast of Stratis.

The Iranians have captured both the pilot and the officer.

NATO has officially requested the help of your division and of course they has chosen your team to rescue them as you are the best elite Spec-Ops team there is!

We currently have intel on one possible location of where they might are being held hostage.

A base at the border of the town Agia Marina is under control of the Iranians and thats most likely the place of where they are keep ing the hostages.

Your team needs to head out there and assess the situation ASAP. Infiltrate the base and check the buildings for hostages.

Contact HQ when you have completed your objective.

Remember, your team is the best damn thing the army has to offer, we are counting on you!

Features:

* Video intro

* Custom music & sounds

* Random foot patrols in the town + random amount

* Respawn version and no respawn (bird)

* Opfor will pop smoke

* Opfor reinforcements

* Custom loadout

* Chopper extraction

Mission tips & gameplay:

As there are no objective objects in the editor yet some of the objectives are partially imaginary now. You will pick up notes at objective locations that are not physically there cos there are no objects for it yet. The notes are purely meant to let you progress through the mission and may at a later time (beta) be replaced with real notes that you have to pick up.

If it happens that a hostage died then you will have to walk over the body to recieve the note and recieve a mission update.

This is a stealth mission! Keep your team silent and stealthy as much as possible (don't be a rambo). It is possible to take out patrols and individual AI without alerting other AI.

Get your team in good tactical positions with clear sight of the AI. Once the team is in a good position then open fire the whole team and take out as much AI in the first 10 seconds as possible (surprise assault). The scope on your rifle can be used against AI near artificial lighting. Without scoping make sure you are in 200 meter range to effectively take out targets.

You can get more first aid kits at vehicles.

Update notes v.1.3:

* Fixed all the classnames (mission got broken due to new class names with the last update)

* Added a few tactical markers (helpers)

* Fixed the last grammar errors

* Removed the evening version due to lighting issues (night only now)

* Added back a 'no respawn' version

* AI partols are more random

* Improved chopper extraction (may still not always work- alpha)

* Tweaked some triggers and sounds

If you have any feedback or notice problems then do let me know!

Have fun,

B00tsy

Download v.1.3

armaholic mirror 1.3

Edited by B00tsy
link

Great to see you re-did this in A3 B00tsy! Can't wait to try this out later!

Great to see you re-did this in A3 B00tsy! Can't wait to try this out later!

My pleasure! Just remember that it is made with limited alpha content :)

Nice nighttime mission, like the Chernarus version. I found Electro and the aditional content like the GPS more immersive, but it's because of this is still an alpha with little content and a small map. Can't wait for missions you can do with the complete game!

Have played with a friend COOP. The only thing is that I haven't found Satchel charges to blow up the Helo.

Edited by Down8

Yeah like I said , I tried to make the best of it with the little content it has :)

Some script functions that worked in A2 are not working in the alpha either. The GPS video is no longer possible, unless there is a new ay of doing it, guess we will have to wait till the full release.

I have added a satchel charge to the units, but haven't added a weapon respawn script yet so if you die you have to loot your previous dead body. Will see if I can add that and some other stuff tomorrow :)

Hi B00tsy!

First of all:

Thank you for this great Mission! :)

I played it as in SP.

First impression:

Everything works proper

Nice gameplay

Good story

Very challenging

Introdesign a trend-setting idea, never saw it before

Gameplay for hours

The mission is not to hard, but i would vote for a medi kit from start on???!

...and the best i did it, without losses...

Photographic evidence:

e2mavrox.jpgjlyokk8o.jpg

Thanks a million for doing this mission.

I look forward to the improved version -

Thanks! Keep it up!

Cheers

McLupo

Dude, if you can get something like this from McLupo, that's like getting an academy award...(secretly wishes I had one too).....

An Arma 3 mission by B00tsy?! a sight for sore eyes...

Will upload it to the CiA Arma 3 coop server ASAP.

Hi B00tsy!

First of all:

Thank you for this great Mission! :)

I played it as in SP.

First impression:

Everything works proper

Nice gameplay

Good story

Very challenging

Introdesign a trend-setting idea, never saw it before

Gameplay for hours

The mission is not to hard, but i would vote for a medi kit from start on???!

...and the best i did it, without losses...

Photographic evidence:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130316/temp/e2mavrox.jpghttp://s1.directupload.net/images/130316/temp/jlyokk8o.jpg

Thanks a million for doing this mission.

I look forward to the improved version -

Thanks! Keep it up!

Cheers

McLupo

Thanks for the compliment!

I did not realize that I was a trendsetter with the intro. To be honest, I create these kind of still image + text intro's because I can not record a good ingame intro video with high settings and good fps, so still-image video is the only option for me :)

I will add a med kit to all units from the start, I miss it too when I play it hehe. I am also working on a good functioning weapon respawn, have it working besides that the primary does not get added back after death.

I tried not to make it to hard as the AI now can be quite tricky, maybe I will add a reinforcement spawn. Though I might get complaints then that it is to hard. Hard to find a balance that works for everyone!

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

An Arma 3 mission by B00tsy?! a sight for sore eyes...

Will upload it to the CiA Arma 3 coop server ASAP.

Cool :)

Be aware though that this is not a mission you can jump in half way, well you can, but you will have to walk a long distance to the other players then.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Dude, if you can get something like this from McLupo, that's like getting an academy award...(secretly wishes I had one too).....

I already feel honored if someone play's my missions at all! There are so many great scripters and mission makers in the community that I am very modest about my own skills :)

Alrighty, I made a new version and fixed a lot of stuff and added some new things to the mission.

This version only contains a respawn version, but I now made it into an evening (with dim light) version and a night version (full moon).

Made it a bit more challenging with some extra reinforcements and more random AI positioning and total amount of AI. Also I redid the whole video intro briefing, looks a lot nicer and smooth now and without typo's this time. And a lot more stuff!

Check out my opening post for update details and new download link :)

Hey b00tsy I loved ur mission, any chance u can give me some feedback on a mission of my own? I'm fairly new to this

however the mission is pretty well done and if u can give me some feedback on it that would be awesome heres the link to my thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151013-MISSION-Operation-Assault-Island-X-Diving-Mission-by-Tom

Alrighty, I made a new version and fixed a lot of stuff and added some new things to the mission.

This version only contains a respawn version, but I now made it into an evening (with dim light) version and a night version (full moon).

Made it a bit more challenging with some extra reinforcements and more random AI positioning and total amount of AI. Also I redid the whole video intro briefing, looks a lot nicer and smooth now and without typo's this time. And a lot more stuff!

Check out my opening post for update details and new download link :)

Hey B00tsy, I guess you already know what I'm about to ask you but here goes-

Any chance for a GROUP respawn type version? ;)

Hey b00tsy I loved ur mission, any chance u can give me some feedback on a mission of my own? I'm fairly new to this

however the mission is pretty well done and if u can give me some feedback on it that would be awesome heres the link to my thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151013-MISSION-Operation-Assault-Island-X-Diving-Mission-by-Tom

Glad you liked it. Sure man I will have a look at your mission :)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Hey B00tsy, I guess you already know what I'm about to ask you but here goes-

Any chance for a GROUP respawn type version? ;)

Well the thing is that I will have to update to many versions every time then. I already skipped the 'no respawn' version with the last update, because I added a night version and an evening version. Not looking forward to updating 6 different versions every time I work on the mission :)

Though I maybe could change the normal respawn into a group respawn only next time!

Hi...I can't seem to access either the 1.2 or 1.1 for that matter on speedy.sh. Both time out for me. I grabbed the 1.1 from AH instead.

Edited by HackerSlasher

I downloaded 1.2 without problems just now, try it again. AH is not updated yet, cos a site admin needs to do that. Hopefully the Steam workshop goes active soon.

Having an issue, the missions are not showing up. Download and extract to the MPMissions folder along with all of the other missions I have downloaded. When I host, get to the list of available missions but the two "Silent Justice" missions are not on the list. I was hopping to do a YouTube play through today as I have done for other versions of this mission for ArmA 2...

Having an issue, the missions are not showing up. Download and extract to the MPMissions folder along with all of the other missions I have downloaded. When I host, get to the list of available missions but the two "Silent Justice" missions are not on the list. I was hopping to do a YouTube play through today as I have done for other versions of this mission for ArmA 2...

Hey man, I just checked and see now that I forgot to put the map name back into the pbo name after renaming it.

It needs to be: Co05_SP Silent justice Stratis v1.2 (Night).Stratis.pbo

So you need to add '.Stratis' to the name to make it show up.

I will update the download link too with a proper named version.

Thanks for letting me know!

You cannot play Deleted.A3_Soft_F_Galkin, not tried on MP...

You cannot play Deleted.A3_Soft_F_Galkin, not tried on MP...

You are using the Alpha Dev build. This mission is created on the 'stable' alpha release. In the Dev build they have changed some class names. They actually should update the official alpha version, because all missions created with the stable build and has an Ifrit vehicle in it will cause this error on the Dev build.

Ahh ok cool, maybe the title of thread should state stable or dev to assist ?

Just downloaded your mission off Armaholic and haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but I was going through my standard renaming procedure and noticed your files didn't end with .Stratis. Not sure if this is still an issue, but just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Keep it up these small scale coop, no respawn mission. I promise to follow in your footsteps as soon as I dust off my mission making skills now that it's finally Spring Break!

Yeah it was already pointed out to me thanks :)

The download link here is updated, on armaholic it is missing the '.stratis'. Will get fixed there with the next update.

Hi B00tsy,

thanks for the update 1.2, i wanna test it today, but i got an error message:

cnwimvvd.jpg

I have no clue what is causing the error?

Wanna let you know that.

Regards

McLupo

Hi B00tsy,

thanks for the update 1.2, i wanna test it today, but i got an error message:

I have no clue what is causing the error?

Wanna let you know that.

Regards

McLupo

I think it is either one of two things:

1. You are playing in Developer Mode and he made it in standard mode

or

2. You are playing in Standard mode and he made it in Developer Mode....

Hope that helps..