adanteh

Arma 3 Teamspeak Skin

Can we now have the BETA blue colour added ?

Can we now have the BETA blue colour added ?

I already made a quick change for that yesterday. I'll double check if anything else needs changes and then I'll upload it tonight probably

Good work, will try it on my TS server that people use for Arma3 and see how they like it.

Released the update on the Teamspeak website and updated the first post.

Here's a screenshot

Arma3V2.0_mainWindow.jpg

A lot changed other then just the blue bar though :)

*Tips Hat*

Good news: I can skin the chat now! I'm just completely clueless when it comes to which colors to use for the chat. Right now I have the command channel color for server updates (The timestamps that is), sidechannel color for server / channel chat messages and group channel color for private messages. Bold for outgoing messages and normal font-weight for incoming messages.

It would look like this: http://cl.ly/image/3y3L1Y0K1H3T for messages send in the channel chat.

It would look like this: http://cl.ly/image/3u0v0E2l420p for private messages.

Anyone has some recommendations for this?

It's a shame I can't change the formatting of it. I would prefer to have a smaller timestamp and replace the quotation marks at the name by parentheses. I doubt that will ever follow though.

Adanteh, the example you posted look great. the current dark blue is unreadable against the dark background. Too much intensity.

Any idea why this text is unreadable? is this by design or I got something wrong?

vO0DXN4.png

Another thing I might suggest: When resizing the TS window to be narrow you can't see the nice pieces of land of the image:

http://i.imgur.com/MX9uZ3u.png (188 kB)

Can you do something about it?

I just tested it and first, that's a good job ;) For the rest, there is still some enchantments to do, especially on some colors.

Variable: Texts are just fine for me... You may have something that reduces the font size.

280_thumb_bis_6812df2377b20570.jpg

Hmmm thanks Tom, I can't seem to figure out why it's so small for me. TS font size setting affects only the chat frame font size.

Line 341 of Arma3.qss (\TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles\), inside the style class InfoFrame, you have "font-size: 10px;". Try to increase this value. If it doens't change anything, try the file \TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles\Arma3\style.css, the value at line 57 (class table.info).

Any idea why this text is unreadable? is this by design or I got something wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/vO0DXN4.png?

Hey, that's probably because of the Enigmatic font. I designed this with the purista font in mind and I can't change the font-size only when the Enigmatic font is used. I'll probably just remove the fallback to Enigmatic and replace it by default sans-serif. The enigmatic font scales terrible. If you want to keep the enigmatic font you can change the font-size as Tom mentioned. You can adjust the size of the part you linked in styles.css inside the /Arma3 folder.

Another thing I might suggest: When resizing the TS window to be narrow you can't see the nice pieces of land of the image:

http://i.imgur.com/MX9uZ3u.png (188 kB)

Can you do something about it?

I changed the position of the background-image to left top, meaning that it'll show up better. Don't know why I didn't do that before. That'll be included tomorrow probably (Or today if I can find some time tonight)

Variable: Texts are just fine for me... You may have something that reduces the font size.

http://arma3.fr/files/media/user/280_thumb_bis_6812df2377b20570.jpg

You don't have Purista or Enigmatic installed meaning it'll fall back to the default sans-serif font which looks cleaner. I thought I would try out the Enigmatic font at first, but I can't get it to look good for both enigmatic and purista in the same file. I'll just delete the Enigmatic fallback. I'd recommend letting your google-fu out though and getting Purista. It looks a lot nicer.

I just tested it and first, that's a good job ;) For the rest, there is still some enchantments to do, especially on some colors.

Anything specifically when it comes to the colors? The text you mean or other stuff?

Edited by Adanteh

Anything specifically when it comes to the colors? The text you mean or other stuff?
I don't know if it's possible, I have never developed a skin for TS, but when you look at the toolbar, I've got two buttons (Block Incoming Whispers and Toggle ServerQueryClients), the blue ones and it's not really pretty.

Seems like those icons are new and I can't find the proper name for them. You can also use the Steam icon pack that's included with the skin to change all the other icons (Mostly white/greyish icons) which looks a ton better in my opinion. I'll try and figure out the names for the block whipser and serverquery icon and add that to the icons as well.

That's the same result w/ Steam icons. I'll give you the references this weekend ;)

Already made a thread on the teamspeak forums to see if someone knows the names I should I be using for those icons. Normally what you do is you just make a new icon and give it the name it has in default, however those icons aren't even in the default icon folder

I love the TS skin, but after the most recent TS update, all the colors in the chat windows are not what they used to be. It seems everything went back to the default dark blue.

Dark blue on a black background makes for hard-to-read text. Could you release a fixed version?

Thanks!

Completely forgot to upload the update while waiting for an answer on tom_48_87's question. No answer unfortunately though, so no change there.

You can find the update here :)

I deleted the engimatic font in the skin, because that looked pretty bad. Try and look for the purista font though. It's a lot better.

Any one still has some stuff that needs to be done? I already changed the color to the new Release colors and removed some leftover Enigmatic parts.

I have to say this skin looks great! I use the Purista font and I am very pleased.

Have you updated again? I last updated on August 9. Is there a newer version since?

Didn't upload it yet. Just double checking to see if anything else needs changes before I put online another version again.

I see. I'm not sure if you can do that, but can you, on the "Server Information" page:

a. Make the font bigger

b. Put the "Clients Online" field first or last on the list?

When selecting a mission, server admins tend to use this indication to know how many players they have on the server before selecting a mission, to reduce the need to count all the guys that on TS one by one. This will make locating this important field faster! :)

I put the clients online on top of the list plus made the number for that Orange (The same color as the links have). It should be more noticeable that way. Also made the font a bit bigger which makes sense. I'm on a 1900x1200 myself, but it's 26" so I'm used to oversized stuff.

I think I also read that the full release is going to have a black/white color scheme by default and the orange-y color scheme for the dev build. I now included two versions, the normal version which has a black menu bar (And I believe one or two other things that use the color) and the Dev version which used the orange.

You can download the skin here!

Thanks Adanteh! It looks even better now, and not only it looks beautiful, it can also be useful now. Here's a screenshot:

0yd8SqF.png

I now included two versions, the normal version which has a black menu bar (And I believe one or two other things that use the color) and the Dev version which used the orange.

Can't find two versions, only one...

It should be available when you install, under the options where you usually change your skins.