Sign in to follow this  
Freighttrain4

What would an insurgency in 2035 look like?

They will probably look like how the bandits in DayZ-standalone will look like ;)

I would not want to be standing next to him in a war, I support Arsenal...

in arma 3 they look like they all got access to a huge supply of grey jumpsuits and red armbands.

for realisms sake, i'd like to see civilians with guns.

I think 2035 insurgents would wear at least some from of camo, tac vest and body armor, consider how wide spread they are today even among hunters and recreation shooters.

---

if my town suddenly under attack and forming some kind militia tomorrow, I can see three different tires of equipments

Best equipped group: (Ex-military/police and civilian shooters)

Some form of Camo (hunting, military), some form of body armor, wearing tactical vest/LBE, mixed NoDs, armed with semi-automatic weapon and handguns.

well-equipped group: (hunters):

some camo and dark clothing, hunting or fishing vest, with little to no protection, armed with hunting guns (bolt rifle, pump or auto shotgun, some handguns)

Poorly armed group: (average citizen):

wide range of outdoor clothing, little to no equipments, armed with wide range of weapons. (anything from double-barrel shotguns to AKs)

Edited by Lugiahua

I think 2035 insurgents would wear at least some from of camo, tac vest and body armor, consider how wide spread they are today even among hunters and recreation shooters.

---

if my town suddenly under attack and forming some kind militia tomorrow, I can see three different tires of equipments

Best equipped group: (Ex-military/police and civilian shooters)

Some form of Camo (hunting, military), some form of body armor, wearing tactical vest/LBE, mixed NoDs, armed with semi-automatic weapon and handguns.

well-equipped group: (hunters):

some camo and dark clothing, hunting or fishing vest, with little to no protection, armed with hunting guns (bolt rifle, pump or auto shotgun, some handguns)

Poorly armed group: (average citizen):

wide range of outdoor clothing, little to no equipments, armed with wide range of weapons. (anything from double-barrel shotguns to AKs)

Yeah, but the militia would try to spread the best equipments as much as possible, but i think it will have a mix of everything, civilian clothes, camo clothes, improvised camos. I'm really eager to see the full version of the game haha

They'll look like any other civilian until they pull the gun and shoot you. With the advanced weapons of 1035 so comes advanced surveillance and thus the only way to survive is not to be targeted. And if you look like everyone else right up until the hit then you're less likely to be taken out before you can take the shot.

Unless the rebels have enough advanced weapons to fight the Bluefor to a stand still or a way to negate Bluefor Surveillance then with Drone warfare they would be utterly screwed.

They'll look like any other civilian until they pull the gun and shoot you. With the advanced weapons of 1035 so comes advanced surveillance and thus the only way to survive is not to be targeted. And if you look like everyone else right up until the hit then you're less likely to be taken out before you can take the shot.

Unless the rebels have enough advanced weapons to fight the Bluefor to a stand still or a way to negate Bluefor Surveillance then with Drone warfare they would be utterly screwed.

Militia in 1035 with advanced weapons were probably like this...:yay:

tumblr_m3cy021mk71qam5seo1_500.jpg

btw

Didn't most of time Rebels (Green) are fighting for BlueFor in ArmA series? lol

We're seeing that most insurgencies and rebel groups are featuring advanced weapons and even armored/mechanized forces since a successful insurgency that doesn't get immediately crushed by government forces usually include defecting military units.

What is an insurgency? Answer that question. Then, ask yourself, why would there be an insurgency? Then ask what an insurgency looks like, in any time period? Your answer? It will look most like the population of whatever country that insurgency is in. Why would there be an insurgency? Iran has occupied Altis. There is a Greek resistance. That's basically your insurgency. They would get access to available Greek Army assets (not planes but maybe APCs, tanks, helicopters). However, most insurgencies need to be supplied by someone. Where Lauxman errs is that you don't realize that in the recent case of the Arab Spring uprisings (don't get me wrong, but that's where we've seen defecting military personnel), those rebels didn't get that advanced weaponry or armored/mechanized assets on their own. They were supplied by more powerful regional powers and by Western powers. In the case of the Iraqi insurgency (where we didn't see defections, mind you), the insurgency got their hands on old Russian equipment that'd been there for a while. They probably got some Iraqi equipment, but were probably supplied by al Qaeda or Iran. In the case of Arma 3, they are supplied by NATO. The thing is, even with "advanced" technology, it's advanced for the rebels, but outdated or at best on par with the tech of their opponent or supplier.

they will all have 3 heads cause of the world wide fall out and will be glowing in the dark.

Pretty much no insurgency got advanced weapons on their own. It was either captured materiel or supplied by external supporters.

There are indicators that there are bandits in the final game. The greenfor textures however are very regular digital camouflage patterns, for example there´s a paintjob for the Kasatka and the Littlebird... and I doubt insurgents would use standardized, digital, factory-quality paintjobs on their vehicles. I think what we will see is the regular Army of free greece, as well as a small local insurgency which will be more like farmers with hunting rifles, aligned with whoever provides them the better living conditions or goes more with their Ideology.

We should also consider the possibilities that GreenFor has more than one factions or groups. In ArmaII, Green had both well armed resistance and unorganized militias.

but IMO, Greece military is probably BlueFor, like CDF in ArmaII