Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

Guerillas in the Field (originally Rogues in the Field)

Guerillas in the Field

DOWNLOAD

Armaholic mirror (v 2.0):

- Guerillas in the Field [ALPHA]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What is "Guerillas in the Field"?

Despite the name, there aren't really multiple "Guerillas" in this. It's only you.

Basically this mission is about you striking a local NATO outpost to destroy a cache. Sounds easy right? Well try that with different gear at every mission. You don't decide what gear you get, that's up to the script. Thanks to dslyexci's Gear Selection script from the "Paper Doll" Gear Thingy thing thing I managed to pull about every gun, magazine, everything out of the config. So one mission you can start with nothing except a backpack, which in turn is full of claymore mines and satchels. HAVE FUN WITH THAT. On the other hand you can also start with a machine gun and a great uniform, but nothing else.

If you have a gun it's not guaranteed you'll get ammunition either. So you can have this ultra machine gun but no ammo for it. With no crates along the way.

Did I mention randomized time, weather and such too? And no you don't get night vision here, the best I can offer you is a flashlight. Maybe. But just maybe.

Bit of back story if you want to hear that:

You are on the island of Stratis. An ongoing war between the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRIA) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has unfolded and the civilian population is being torn apart.

Some civilians have gathered arms and are standing up against both NATO and IRIA forces, effectively creating a guerilla conflict. Both forces are coming under heavy attack within villages, where guerillas lay ambushes and plant IEDs.

A few civilians take the fight directly to the enemy. So do you. You have decided to head out as time permits, and scrambled together all of the gear you could find. Your target is Air Station Mike-26, where NATO forces are stationed.

You must rig a cargo container with small improvised explosive devices and blow it up. This will cripple NATO strength in the area.

But be careful. IRIA forces are launching an attack at the base, and they may or may not be around when you attack the base.

An alternative to rigging the cargo container with explosives is to shoot it to bits and hope something happens. This is however not guaranteed to work and the safest method is to plant an explosive.

I don't even know if this mission is possible, but you can try it out for yourself.

By the way, sometimes it'll spit out an error with no magazine found. Happens. Just play without a magazine, YOU'LL BE FINE.

Feature list

- Randomized gear (everything), randomized weather, time and date.

- Randomized hostile forces and objective position (within the vicinity of Air Station Mike-26)

- Random start positions (expect pretty long hikes if you don't take the Quadbike with you)

- A base packed full with Hunters and atleast a platoon of NATO forces.

- IRIA forces include 1 platoon with 2 Hunters as attachments (maybe)

Credits

Dslyexci - "Paper Doll" Gear Selection script (pulled the config script from this one and expanded on it)

Folk ARPS - Especially the guys in Skype :P For helping me out with stuff.

That's actually like the only noteworthy credit I have right now.. On the other hand it's about 12 AM and I'm REALLY tired so I probably forgot 90% of the original credit..

Required Addons

None, I didn't even include my favorite Moodjukebox. Will be in in 1.1 or something.

So yeah about everything I got right now.. Have fun.

Changelog

v 2.0

- Added ammoboxes (turn up your music to hear them, they have quite a ... distinctive soundtrack)

- Added nightvision goggles for the player (no randomization here - you will get them everytime)

- The Quadbike now has extra gear (randomized - includes everything from weapons to vests)

v 1.0

- Initial release

Edited by tryteyker

Added Armaholic mirror. I've recieved a bit of feedback and I will probably make changes to the spawn and randomization system for 2.0, or I'll include crates along the way.

Updated to v2.0 - Changelog below:

v 2.0

- Added ammoboxes (turn up your music to hear them, they have quite a ... distinctive soundtrack)

- Added nightvision goggles for the player (no randomization here - you will get them everytime)

- The Quadbike now has extra gear (randomized - includes everything from weapons to vests)

I haven't added an option to disable the distinctive soundtrack yet so just turn down your sound if you don't want to hear it. The volume of it has been designed with the default "Sound" in mind (90%)