Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

;2618897']Had it since release date' date=' never been able to set foot in a server due to this bs client disconnect error. Even with the recent 1gb+ patch...[/quote']

Something else must be wrong on your end.

Punkbuster, the browser plugin.... The connection problem was fixed long ago.

Pistol unlocks for BF4

https://www.origin.com/en-ca/store/buy/battlefield-4/pc-download/addon/battlefield-4-handgun-shortcut-kit

This is one of the things DICE said they'd give us to make up for the ongoing problems

it's now changed to a limited time offer (Feb 18 - Feb 24) and you have to go through the Origin store to get it.

Gotta love EA....could have just unlocked the guns for everyone and be done with it without trying to turn it into a sales pitch

and then turning around and making it a limited time offer.

Edited by jblackrupert

Pistol unlocks for BF4

This is one of the things DICE said they'd give us to make up for the ongoing problems

it's now changed to a limited time offer (Feb 18 - Feb 24) and you have to go through the Origin store to get it.

Gotta love EA....could have just unlocked the guns for everyone and be done with it without trying to turn it into a sales pitch

and then turning around and making it a limited time offer.

Thanks man. I would have missed this otherwise.

Thanks man. I would have missed this otherwise.

If you have Premium click the gold "Battlefield 4 Premium Giveaway" link in this post from DICE.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/shortcut-kits-now-live/

A green bar with "SUCCESS" should appear at the top of the screen and you'll have all the DMR's.

You may need to log out and in for them to appear unlocked.

All this talk of BF4's bugginess inspired me to go back and try BF3 again. Updated the Battlelog plugins and Origin, launched the game. Game failed to connect to EA Online.

Relaunched browser, verified game installation. Launched game. PC Bluescreened. PC promptly restarted. Game repaired, TCP/UDP ports manually opened. Firewall disabled. Didn't work.

Clicked on the BF3 game icon in Origin. Pressed 'Play'. Launched game from the Battlelog the button linked me to. Game worked.

Time elapsed: ~40 minutes. Gameplay experienced: 0 minutes.

To the game's credit, though, the people I played with were very pleasant for the most part.

To the game's credit, though, the people I played with were very pleasant for the most part.

How the players behave isn't really a point to the game.

I bought BF3 before christmas because the premium package was on sale for like 10 euros. I like the game but there are certain moments when you want to smash your keyboard (see video above), like when you just dived behind an obstacle and one second later you die because the server didn't get your new position...

Did you notice that the new DLC for BF4 contains only old maps from BF3? Congratz EA! -.-

That was known before BF4 came out. I like playing metro and caspian border again. Firestorm is decent and golf of oman is very poorly balanced (conquest small version). US side has to drive LAVs long way on water to get to shore and is a sitting duck.

But granted, waiting for a DLC for new game just to have sun glare and blue tint reduced/removed is a shame really. On top of that, people can still glitch into ceiling on metro. Thats just lazy.

How the players behave isn't really a point to the game.

True, but it's a nice surprise after my earlier memories of the game.

Just a few weeks ago DICE said they were putting all work on DLC on hold until the bugs are worked out of BF4.

2 weeks later, releases new DLC and the third is on schedule for late March.

Well Second Assault was out for Xbox One when it came out so there probably wasnt much work required. Also, "target audience" was whining a lot on battlelog forums about it. This whole battlelog forum business and lack of proper bug/glitch reporting system is going really bad. They probably like it that way so they have an excuse for "not listening to community".

So maybe when people play the shit out of metro again they will start complaining about fixing the game and then EA/DICE will have to "fix" the game.

Just to be clear, Im not saying players are dumb, Im saying it seems like they are when one is going trough BL forums due to how the whole thing is handled.

EA should at least give everyone free access to China Rising maps for all the fuck ups with this game. I swear sometimes I dunno why I even put up with it even on PS4 is a total glitch fest the game will always break my PS4 when I play Campaign mode so I cannot even unlock all the weapons. :(

EA should at least give everyone free access to China Rising maps for all the fuck ups with this game. I swear sometimes I dunno why I even put up with it even on PS4 is a total glitch fest the game will always break my PS4 when I play Campaign mode so I cannot even unlock all the weapons. :(

The sound stuttering is a lot better then it was before whatever they did server side but I'm still getting massacred whenever two or more people start firing at me and my system has a near stroke.

I bought Premium based on the Beta performance which was pretty damn good despite the crashes.

The second last patch allowed me to crank up to Ultra from High and keep the same framerates I had before

now it's just going downhill.

Naval strike info

BF4 suffers from Guns and gadget overload, they're adding even more.

The new patch came out for PS4 today, and holy crap, it's god damn atrocious.

But you can push inflatable boats back out to sea by slashing them with a knife.

But you can push inflatable boats back out to sea by slashing them with a knife.

Dice could have made a better mechanic for doing that though.

That Gold battlepack that was supposed that come out hasn't even show up in the battlepack section of the menu.

I wonder how long it will take until everyone realizes that everything EA does is a blatant ripoff...

I wonder how long it will take until everyone realizes that everything EA does is a blatant ripoff...

I wouldn't call it a ripoff really, it just shouldn't have been released as early as it was.

As for the game design itself, It's got way too many guns, gadgets and many maps have too many vehicles on them.

Kits have no focus on any real particular role, everyone gets a DMR which got a major buff just recently, the unlock tree doesn't serve any real purpose

like it did with BF2142.

Even BC2 was well balanced, the only thing that sucked about that game after it was patched and tweaked was the tiny maps.

So they basically released a Beta for full price? I call that a ripoff.

EA is a company that can´t be trusted and that is way too eager to get as much of your money as they can.

Origin patch out today - 73MB

If the Origin patch cocks up you can download the full version here

This should be the fully patched version (around 90mb)

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Game patch out today - 825MB

According to Battlelog forums it's brought a lot more problems and the sound muting bug back yet again.

BF4 is also reporting the wrong person killed you and the last server update caused another problem.

I was on a Hardcore server yesterday and kept getting punished for TK's someone else did.

And if you thought the AA was overpowered, wait'll ya get a load of this.

DICE clearly fail to understand the concept of less is more.

Edited by jblackrupert