Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

It kills me what they could have done with Arma 3. We would have squashed BF4 on the PC.
As someone actually playing Arma 3 on PC and not BF4... yeah, no way this was going to happen.

Arma could never squash battlefield and it should never try, they are in two very different categories even apples to oranges would be too wrong of a metaphor to represent their distances.

Well I must say that upgrading my current system to the "recommended" specs isn't worth it. I'm still stuck with my i7 and Nvidia 580 from 2011 and I can run BF4 with Ultra settings.

What are the new features compared to Bf3?

- No blue tint

- Lean (automatic, works very well)

- Cover system like RO2 but better. but no blind fire

- BC2 style destruction, Full collapse of some buildings, craters

- Dive, swim under water.

- Use pistol and knife in water.

- Choppers and tanks are heavier but still not heavy enough. (BC2 got it better)

- Counter knife system if attacked from front.

- Parts of buildings can be collapsed to create ramps to higher levels (Mostly awnings)

- Some ladders have covers at top that can be locked/unlocked.

- A shitload more building interiors.

- Lights that can be turned off to blind enemies while you use NV sights.

- Lockable doors, train car doors can be shut.

- Barriers on roads, bridges that can be raised.

- Destructible bridges. (Road surface only)

- Windows that can be shuttered to be enemy out (They can be blasted through with RPG..etc)

- Elevators

- More destructible walls that can driven through with armor.

- Car alarms that are set off by vaulting or shooting vehicles.

- Security gates at doors (Banks...etc) that set off alarms when you pass through giving away your position.

- More weapons customization

There's lots more.

The base game maps kinda suck with the exception of Shanghai and a couple others that are so so.

"Levolution" The big events are boring after you've witnessed them a few times

some are pretty pointless and serve no purpose to changing the game play.

Disabling the big events should be a server side option, The tower destruction on Shanghai map

is just annoying because the map looks like crap after it's done and there is always someone

who's hops into a tank to knock it down even if it benefits the other team.

It takes 40 seconds for a single tank to knock down the tower.

if there were pillars on the inside that need to be destroyed then it would take a team effort to pull off.

Personally I think there are way too many gadgets and weapons and kit balance is really bad.

BC2 style weapons, kits, vehicles and destruction + BF2/2142 size maps would make a perfect Battlefield

Edited by jblackrupert

- Cover system like RO2 but better. but no blind fire

I dont think it really is better though, too finicky for my taste. It is very similar to the Call of Juarez (2? 3?) system, but executed poorly.

Doesnt really take away from the game, but doesnt really add something either.

I dont think it really is better though, too finicky for my taste. It is very similar to the Call of Juarez (2? 3?) system, but executed poorly.

Doesnt really take away from the game, but doesnt really add something either.

Cover and lean system works flawlessly for me.

Can't say that for RO2 and I hate the fact you need to push a key to trigger it.

The only thing in BF3/4 that gives me major headaches is the bipods deploying

or not deploying for no reason at all.

Cover and lean system works flawlessly for me.

Can't say that for RO2 and I hate the fact you need to push a key to trigger it.

It is so and so, i hardly ever use it (oposed to RO2)

The only thing in BF3/4 that gives me major headaches is the bipods deploying

or not deploying for no reason at all.

First thing i did is change the keybind for deploying bipods to a different key(caps lock in my case) rather than the default MB2

Agreed with you on the maps, they are so and so. The weapons sort of feel better in some way, the sights i get, but i don't get the huge number of front grips which do 3 different things although they look different and all.

So.... worth picking it once all DLCs are out? :D

I admittedly like the premise described within the first thirty seconds, that the BF4 Metro incarnation is "set after BF3" in the sense of both the story and as a version of what that map would have been like after a BF3 match's environmental destruction... although there's further "for gameplay reasons" design changes, it seems that a lot of that was simply by adding pathway options through more environmental destruction or by opening key doors (and of course adding the corresponding pathways connecting them to otherdoors), making the elevators actually operable, etc.

(I'll note that the elevators operating seems a pretty important map change for Conquest since in my experience, in BF3 Metro Conquest the elevator shaft was the strongpoint for US team, even moreso than it could have been for the Attacker team in Rush.)

Annoying as hell blurring effect that appeared after last patch turns out to be deliberately added to the game and is an EMP effect from the enemy commander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsmuB5RaGkc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

3N82cVi.jpg

You'd think that something that makes you physically nauseous isn't exactly a good thing to add to a game.

Edited by jblackrupert

Remember the "fatigue vignette" earlier this year in Arma 3 development? :p

That, and it's entirely possible that somehow nobody at DICE got nauseous.

Nice

. I play hardcore and there is no ammo counter so I sometimes wondering what happened. You reload the weapon, animation shows but weapon still has old clip in. Gets you killed a lot.

I bought BF3 and played it a few times, it was infested with snipers, ran like a pile of dogshit and looked crap. So i doubt BF4 is any different.

I bought BF3 and played it a few times, it was infested with snipers, ran like a pile of dogshit and looked crap. So i doubt BF4 is any different.

Are you sure you played BF3? :) In my experience BF3 is one of the most optimized games to date. BF4s release was pretty wonky regarding stability but is getting much better fast. Performance vs visuals is great.

Its still infested with snipers on most servers though but there is plenty of servers that have sniper limit or sniper rifles disabled (it kills you if you get a kill with sniper rifle).

You clearly didnt , but watching youtube and reading forums can make you believe you did

Why am I so confident ? Cause your Arma vids even with all your added particles prove your pc wouldnt run BF3 like crap ;).

Never ecountered more than 2 snipers a round in any game ever the maps didnt give enough protection whether on the mountain ridges or cranes , they didnt last long , the c130 and jets were a bastard tho .

Are you sure you played BF3? :) In my experience BF3 is one of the most optimized games to date.

Not a launch time, many patches came before the game was enjoyable. BF4 right now is a mess, it's buggy but enjoyable (at least for me).

Performance wise release was really good for me. Patches fixed bugs like SF camo and M26 dart (which was introduced by patch lol), commo rose key binding etc. and introduced weapon balancing.

Hit detection is still pretty shady though.

Am I the only one that noticed the animations of vehicles are really sped up?

I was playing earlier and I slid up a hill in a tank. (This happens all the time.)

Am I the only one that noticed the animations of vehicles are really sped up?

I was playing earlier and I slid up a hill in a tank. (This happens all the time.)

Vehicles are still crappy like BF3, the brakes work a little better though.

Would have been nice if they got the guys who did the vehicles in BC2 though, they were almost perfect.

Tanks seem worse then BF3 somehow. BC2 was really good regarding maneuverability.

This disable/critical hit mechanic I find really good in BF4 though.

You clearly didnt , but watching youtube and reading forums can make you believe you did

Why am I so confident ? Cause your Arma vids even with all your added particles prove your pc wouldnt run BF3 like crap ;).

Never ecountered more than 2 snipers a round in any game ever the maps didnt give enough protection whether on the mountain ridges or cranes , they didnt last long , the c130 and jets were a bastard tho .

I clearly fucking did asshite

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/Demonizer668

And i bought it at launch and played it on and off a few times after that it was FULL of snipers camping on ridges doing fuck all but care about their K/D. I hated the Colour Overbright crap, and yes it ran like a piece of shit, it was a lag fest, get behind cover and then die because of the poor hit detection. I had random slow downs and NO it wasnt my fucking PC because i was blitzing it on BC2 just fine which i still play today. Maybe it was patched and is better i don't care, it was shit in my experience and i won't play it ever again or any other BF4,6,7,8 and the 50 expansion packs that they milk off people.

Edited by Opticalsnare