Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

The other maps being shown other videos on Youtube are PS3, apparently they can get on servers right now.

Mini pre-release review.

Audio is recorded over the footage posted above.

Lock-on RPG's are gone.

Mini pre-release review.

Audio is recorded over the footage posted above.

Lock-on RPG's are gone.

Cool video :D

Preload completed.

/waits

Battlefield 4 Battlelog is up again.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/

People are playing but those are probably people using Korean VPN's so I've heard

not advisable if you are outside of Asia, it can trigger EA's servers to flag your account

as being hacked or other suspicious activity.

Server Admin docs

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-rent-a-server-docs/

Update: Do not use a VPN to get around Region locks: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955064766315973903/

Hardcore mode is currently broken, so no hardcore servers as of yet.

Edited by jblackrupert

That is a nice launch trailer:

Finally something that doesn't hurt my ears.

I want to be clear, that moment at 0:55 is, irrespective of "stagedness", a goddamn SELLING POINT for this game over Call of Duty... as is the subsequent C4 plant. Well done, whoever produced this video.

P.S. Someone I was talking to today while they were buying BF4 for console somewhat implied that they were getting BF4 because it was cheaper than buying a computer to run Arma 3 on, although Arma 3 had been recommended to them by other Battlefield players... chalk one up for brand awareness? ;)

Hehe, funny. I recognize the shouting at 1:02 from the "Battlefield Friends" series. :biggrin:

A very good Trailer, have to give them that^^

I want to be clear, that moment at 0:55 is, irrespective of "stagedness", a goddamn SELLING POINT for this game over Call of Duty... as is the subsequent C4 plant. Well done, whoever produced this video.

P.S. Someone I was talking to today while they were buying BF4 for console somewhat implied that they were getting BF4 because it was cheaper than buying a computer to run Arma 3 on, although Arma 3 had been recommended to them by other Battlefield players... chalk one up for brand awareness? ;)

You should have told him that buying a PC and Arma is much cheaper in the long term ;)

You underestimate the importance of the up front cost in customer decisions... still, it's an interesting anecdote to me because of him mentioning the recommendation of Arma by other Battlefield players; I had brought up the brand awareness question in regards to "are you getting Battlefield 4 because you're a combined-arms kind of guy whereas COD is basically just infantry?"

I played the first few missions of the campaign yesterday and was rather underwhelmed. Say what you want about Call of Duty, but at least those single player campaigns are generally entertaining, if completely unrealistic. BF4's campaign is similar in many aspects (on rails explosion-tastic fragfest) but the story is just... meh. And the "AI", if you can even call it that, my god. Interesting bugs aswell; at one point I was launched off a ladder and into the ocean, which led to me having to load from the last checkpoint and re-watch a cringe-worthy cutscene. Ugh.

I've been enjoying the multiplayer, but as far as I can tell they completely phoned in the SP component.

One of the more amusing criticisms of the BF4 SP campaign:

The writers DICE keeps trying to bring in on these games apparently have averse reactions to trying to tell shit A) in order, and B) with a reasonable opening sequence followed by rising action that is supposed to prepare you for the big event, have the event happen, and maybe some additional stuff afterwards to wrap things up. You just start IN THE SHIT, and the things are calm and IN THE SHIT AGAIN. You're given vague ideas what the hell is really going on and are expected to piece things together on your own, but you have so little to work with. If what you do have for a plot is generally uninteresting, most people simply will not bother to figure things out. Even the Modern Warfare games have managed to build a significant fanbase around the story and the characters involved. There are, no shit, dudes out there who are fanboys of Captain Price and Soap. People were legit shocked and upset by the deaths of certain characters throughout the MW trilogy. You don't see nearly that sort of reaction to anything that has happened in any particular Battlefield story. Even Bad Company.

I have always seen the BF's campaigns as an extra. I have always bought them for the MP. Though for me it was a huge disappointment when DICE removed the mods support ( I had even worked in a Spanish Civil War mod for BF1942 ), which made me don't buy BF3, although I have decided to give BF4 a try.

played the beta...the whole BF franchise for me has devolved into "same crap different map" when it hits $25 i might pick it :)

[being an arse]

but can we get it from steam?

[/being an arse]

i have to hand it to dice, it is still mostly a frag fest, prettyish at that, and it apparently addresses most issues i had with BF3.

[being an arse]

but can we get it from steam?

[/being an arse]

i have to hand it to dice, it is still mostly a frag fest.

Stop joining 64 player servers, use the Game size filter.

Even Metro is a whole different game when you limit servers to 16 players, Have hardcore on and disallow rockets.

some servers also use plugins that limit the number of grenade kills to 5.

I'll go further -- in the case of BF3 Metro, even a player count of about 50 or below could be enough to mitigate the "wall of stall" effect.

Nerd3 tried the campaign and found some rather interesting glitches, my favorite being 16:32

apparently he somehow spawned in front of an action zone with some sequences not loading, freeaky to see models standing ramrod stiff and staring at you.

Hardcore servers are up now.

However the last patch introduced a very annoying friendly tag delay that can take 1-4 seconds to appear

creating a lot of confusion when you have friendly tags enabled.

I must have no sense of humor because that didn't so much as make me smirk...then again I hate axe in general so...bleh marketting, what next, soft drinks? Oh...wait..

Wish it had better graphics, reminds me of Crysis 1. Also, looks very simple and arcade. It kills me what they could have done with Arma 3. We would have squashed BF4 on the PC.

Instead, we get one map ( an empty desert ).