Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

Load times are still longer then BF3 on SSD for me.

Not minutes but still annoying.

Crashes are less then they were the first day, so maybe that's tied to servers being updated?

The map is freaking awesome, but don't really think it plays well with 64 players

40-50 players max seems a lot better, less of a cluisterf__k.

Domination is best played with absolutely no more then 20 people

much like Metro... less is better.

There's also a secret ladder that appears on the malls outer wall facing the river in Domination mode.

if you can't take the roof via the Elavator you can use the ramp made from the fallen awning to get up

go around to the left and the ladder is flat against the black wall, you need to jump to reach it.

Not many people know about it yet..... so shhhhhhhhhhh!

Correction: There are at least 2 ladders to the roof of the mall in Domination that are reachable

once you collapse the awnings around the building. It's part of that "Levolution".... gawd awful name.

Edited by jblackrupert

From the technical side, is there anything that BF4 can offer besides a smoother framerate that ArmA3 cant?

I don't get it...

How could DICE take a already arcadish game, and make it more arcadish? Hit detection is still garbage, no doubt, but it always has been in BF. Recoil is greatly reduced from BF3. 203 rounds have the arc of a laser beam, while rounds from MBT's begin dropping like a barbell at 50m. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking when they decided to do that. It's like they looked at the CoD model and went - "Yeah, lets just copy that".

Considering that the singular purpose of this Beta is to test server stability, what you see here is pretty much what you're going to get with the end product in regards to core mechanics.

39odl.jpg

How could DICE take a already arcadish game, and make it more arcadish?
How were you hoping for different? Like, really.
It's like they looked at the CoD model and went - "Yeah, lets just copy that".
EA has never made any secret of them overtly chasing COD/Activision.

How were you hoping for different? Like, really.

I wasn't expecting this level of arcade game-play, especially such a departure from BF3, which wasn't that great but it was fun. The condescending tone of your post doesn't help in getting your point across BTW.

EA has never made any secret of them overtly chasing COD/Activision.

True, however, DICE has always stated they wanted to differentiate themselves from the CoD franchise. Guess that mantra went right out the window with BF4.

From the technical side, is there anything that BF4 can offer besides a smoother framerate that ArmA3 cant?

besides the framerate and better implemented particles sound , destruction etc all of which is subjective i guess , the one and only thing that BF series offers me that Arma3 cannot and any Arma itteration for that matter and that is :

Switch on Join server and have 1 hour of total CQB madness rush without silly little glitches of geometry and frame rate drops that just make the whole experience ruined. to be bruitally honest If Arma series ever matched BF series for that time of gameplay it will be the same time they ditch the scale and well i prefer the keep scale and be poor at CQB ,m, i always have BF series for that .

I don't see how it's more arcadey then BF3.

Other then the recoil which will likely be fixed because most people are complaining about it and the RPG being guided there's nothing I've seen so far that makes it worse.

Tanks are closer to BC2 , a lot more difficult to control and actually feel like they have weight now.

Hit detection is the way it is because of it still being Beta. the massive lag spikes and framerate drops.

connection issues between the client and server still need a lot of work.

Stop insisting on playing on 64 man servers and the clusterfuck goes away for both Domination and Conquest modes.

Right now people are just screwing around, not really putting much effort into winning rounds

it's more exploring the map and being the first person to knock down the skyscraper.

Once people start earning unlocks and become more lethel, you'll see a drastic change in gameplay.

The Beta also has lot's of things disabled, so you're not seeing everything there is right now.

One thing I keep seeing is the Chinese team players keep knocking down the skyscraper the first chance they get

when they are supposed to stop the American team from doing it, once it falls the dust cover allows the American

team plenty of cover to advance across the bridge and water.

Edited by jblackrupert

They just released a update for the beta :cool: Crosses fingers 8)-

Switch on Join server and have 1 hour of total CQB madness rush without silly little glitches of geometry and frame rate drops that just make the whole experience ruined. to be bruitally honest If Arma series ever matched BF series for that time of gameplay it will be the same time they ditch the scale and well i prefer the keep scale and be poor at CQB ,m, i always have BF series for that .

Hehe, yeah I know what you mean, don't care for Arma MP much at all but I love the SP. For the feeling your talking about, I just recently fired up RO2 and find that hits my CQB fix nicely as it still has a lot of 'simmy' type features but allows for really good CQB. I just don't see whats the reason for BF4 -it looks like 3 except with huge moving spectacle (crashing ship/building) but that's gonna get old quick.

Westie's Roof camping "Tactics"

C flag is completely worthles. all a team needs to do is hold A and B and let the campers

have C and the roof and it's an easy win.

In another video he claims you can "Dominate the entire map" from the roof.

LOL. Pro Battlefield Youtubers, gotta love them. No recoil/Spread hacks and quick editing = Look like a hero.

EDIT: The mode in the video is Domination, C flag is worthless in that mode.

Edited by jblackrupert

Pfft half the reason I go for C is to jump off of it when I hear the skyscraper start to crumble...

Pfft half the reason I go for C is to jump off of it when I hear the skyscraper start to crumble...

I corrected my post.

C flag is only useless to fight over in Domination.

So long as your team can hold A and B and leave C to the campers you'll win 100% of the time.

We'll have to wait for the full game to see how Conquest plays out on Shanghai

but one things for sure, knocking down the skyscraper benefits the American team.

Taking it down should be a team effort, currently it takes a single tank only a couple of minutes to do it.

So is BF4 so far better than BF3?

I enjoyed BF3 for a good 3 months before i got tired of it, should i get BF4?

So is BF4 so far better than BF3?

I enjoyed BF3 for a good 3 months before i got tired of it, should i get BF4?

So far it looks a hell of lot better.

Give the Beta a spin, it's open for everyone now.

Kinda hard to get a full look at it since most people don't know the full map and the kits are limited to a few weapons

and there is no Commander, the Defibs are weird, haven't actually been able to get it to work.

The guided RPG's have got to go.

Bad Company 2 had them but you had to stick a Tracer dart on the vehicles to gain a lock and that was no easy task.

and even then it wasn't a one shot kill most the time.

A sniper, Engineer and support team on a roof can easily lock down the entire map with ease, even choppers are sitting ducks.

lazing targets with the recon's thermal binocs is stupidly easy, same with spotting... just mashing the Q key and you've marked

most of the enemies on the map.

Dieing behind walls has seem to have been fixed.

Before you decide to go pre-ordering. Premium is a separate digital download.

It'll cost you over a $100 for the base game + the Premium DLC.

A disk version of Premium likely won't appear for 6 months to a year.

Edited by jblackrupert

So far it looks a hell of lot better.

Give the Beta a spin, it's open for everyone now.

Kinda hard to get a full look at it since most people don't know the full map and the kits are limited to a few weapons

and there is no Commander, the Defibs are weird, haven't actually been able to get it to work.

The guided RPG's have got to go.

Bad Company 2 had them but you had to stick a Tracer dart on the vehicles to gain a lock and that was no easy task.

and even then it wasn't a one shot kill most the time.

A sniper, Engineer and support team on a roof can easily lock down the entire map with ease, even choppers are sitting ducks.

lazing targets with the recon's thermal binocs is stupidly easy, same with spotting... just mashing the Q key and you've marked

most of the enemies on the map.

Dieing behind walls has seem to have been fixed.

Before you decide to go pre-ordering. Premium is a separate digital download.

It'll cost you over a $100 for the base game + the Premium DLC.

A disk version of Premium likely won't appear for 6 months to a year.

Thanks for the reply :)

I really liked 64 player conquest on caspian border in BF3 when no decent chopper pilots were around as they dominated the freaking game, is that different now?

I can say safely though that unless you've got a "pre-made" squad (of the aforementioned sniper/engineer/support sort) intentionally working the designation/guided-missile/resupply game, you're probably not going to see nearly the "lockdown" that you're voicing concern about -- such is my experience with public matches.

Thanks for the reply :)

I really liked 64 player conquest on caspian border in BF3 when no decent chopper pilots were around as they dominated the freaking game, is that different now?

Like I said, the RPG is guided when a sniper laser locks you with Thermal binoculars, so chances are chopper pilots will get wiped out pretty quick.

The snipers thermal binoculars are way overpowered. spam the Q key and you spot everyone in a wide view, getting laser locks is stupidly easy.

One the Sniper + Engineer + Support teams get together then they will dominate the map.

64 man in Shanghai is just a clusterfuck, not even worth playing.

It's kinda sorta like Bridge at Remagen in Battlefield 2142 but the river in not frozen..

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

I can say safely though that unless you've got a "pre-made" squad (of the aforementioned sniper/engineer/support sort) intentionally working the designation/guided-missile/resupply game, you're probably not going to see nearly the "lockdown" that you're voicing concern about -- such is my experience with public matches.

I've seen it a few times and with VOIP now in the game it's gonna happen.

But since not all the weapons are unlocked, so who knows.

The guided RPGs are just plain stupid, should be like Bad Company 2 where a teammate had to mark targets with a Tracer dart

which meant exposing yourself and getting danger close.

Bad Company 2 got a lot of things right, just the tiny maps and linear larger ones screwed it up.

Battlefield 2142 was in my opinion the best all round Battlefield ever, it just wasn't as popular because people thought it was all pew pew lasers, which is wasn't.

If they do 2143 with Frostbite..... THAT would be awesome.

the Defibs are weird, haven't actually been able to get it to work.

You have to be pretty quick, especially in domi mode (where people respawn within seconds) but they do work as long as the "heart monitor" icon is still visible. :)

What are your ingame names?

I'm statisfied with BF4 so far, even though my AK5C is way overpowered. :D

oh it's that game where you can swap jets in mid air, deploy parachutes out of your derriere, and treat gaping bullet wounds with a defibrillator. so immersive and believable.

oh it's that game where you can swap jets in mid air, deploy parachutes out of your derriere, and treat gaping bullet wounds with a defibrillator. so immersive and believable.

H2uaF4A.jpg

so immersive and believable.
There you go, acting as if any of us play Battlefield 4 in hopes of that... remember, as I said on the prior page, I go for the Skyscraper specifically to parachute off of it when I hear its collapsing imminently.

I think if they start slipping Bath Salts and Meth into soldiers chow, things that happen in Battlefield may become reality.

Any volunteers? :cool:

64bit version of SweetFX for Battlefield 4 and other 64bit games

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528

http://www.mediafire.com/download/55w1kcn99k4nths/Swfx_Injector_20130601.zip

You need to copy the DLL's in the SweetFX_x64 folder and copy/paste and overwrite

the ones in the parent directory (Same one as the BF4 executable)

To enable/Disable SweetFX use the SCROLL LOCK key.