Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

So it's almost time for this turd to start ground hogging. You guys want to start a pool for what band they'll use to pimp this trick? More Linkin Park? Maybe some Nickleback? Or maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll use Deadmau5 or Skrillex! :rofl:

Console gamer reviews sites are driving me mad, many of them keep saying BF4 will the first Battlefield with Naval warfare EVER!!!.

17 minutes of "gameplay":

Is it me or the guy is playing with a gamepad :j:

It looks like more of a BF 3.5 to me.

Is it me or the guy is playing with a gamepad

Probably.

I once held a contest on a Battlefield forum.

Win a free copy of Bad company 2 and Battlefield 3 if and when it is released by sendingme a video or still image of DICE members playing Battlefield on a PC dated at least 1 year after 2142.

Nobody won.

I brought the contest back during Bad Company's lead up to release, send me a photo or video of DICE members playing it on PC.

Again, nobody won.

Edited by jblackrupert

I don't remember there being a E button on a PS3 controller ;)

Stop the video at 08:32 and take a look to that truck wheel ... very poor detail and a lot of lightning to smash your eyes ... unrealistic effects sometimes ... looks like another BF3 !

Well, seems it will fill the checklist of all the cliches of the last decade generic shooter. With better graphics of course, because that is what matter.

Looks like BF3 where your teammates have better models but everything else is the same. Except graphics seem literally black and white now (with some blue once in a while).

I like how a civilian drives a car to a place where Mi28 is destroying buildings. And how stupid enemies don't even react to their buddies being killed, just sit in one place firing at you. Too much amateur dramatics too.

The Graphics are superb.

Yes this was played on a PC. Consoles just couldn´t handle this. But it was played with a gamepad, wich is very obvious.

I dislike the gameplay.

Its "Run and shoot for a minute" followed by a scripted event with big explosions, "run and shoot for a minute" again followed by a scripted event and so on.

I guess the campaign will be rather short.

17 minutes of "gameplay":

Is it me or the guy is playing with a gamepad :j:

It looks like more of a BF 3.5 to me.

Battlefield 3.1

Half-Life 2 has more realistic helicopter scenes than this. And just about everything else too.

Anyone notice how the Mi-28 (which showed up on the Huey's "radar" at 200m distance, rofl) filled the windshield with bullets and the car remained perfectly waterproof?

Half-Life 2 has more realistic helicopter scenes than this. And just about everything else too.

Anyone notice how the Mi-28 (which showed up on the Huey's "radar" at 200m distance, rofl) filled the windshield with bullets and the car remained perfectly waterproof?

I question why it didn't just light the huey up first and then you know sit about 1km a way firing rockets into the building or something. Or why the huey didn't just pick them up when they were out in the field. Well I guess I don't really question it. It's Battlefield.

looking good

I will definietly be fishing in Baku for some CQB if the reviews go well

And of course you can 'Pre Order now'

No thanks - I'll wait for release, reviews etc.

We all need to stop with the preordering (I've been guilty of it myself, but no more), these clowns can have my money when there is some proof that what they are offering is worth buying.

The review embargos, the pre order nonsense etc - it needs to be stopped.

We need more ingenuity and creativity and less DLC, Season pass horseshit from these thieves (not pointing the finger at any dev/pub specifically).

Some people take life way too serious. Looks like a good fun action game, which they are selling it as. Sometimes I enjoy Arma and sometimes I need to be an action star in COD or BF.

It's a singleplayer mission in a FPS, of course it'll be unrealistic and action-y.

BF has and will be about the MP

Some people take life way too serious. Looks like a good fun action game, which they are selling it as. Sometimes I enjoy Arma and sometimes I need to be an action star in COD or BF.

If you're talking to me, it has little to do with 'taking life too serious' and more to do with being ripped off.

I personally liked BF3 (a lot) but the preorder bell has been rung, and soon 'Season pass' etc will follow.

If a game is going to be so great, why the review embargos, pre ordering etc?

It's not a question of how seriously one takes things and more a question of common sense ;)

PS: Love the Fletch quote :D

Not directed at anyone in particular, more about the general mood of this forum.

Not directed at anyone in particular, more about the general mood of this forum.

Fair enough - I like BF3 (and BlOps Zombies) as well and I'm sure I will be picking up a copy of BF4 at some point :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaha. Phew, sorry. Just the thought that people might still buy this tripe. Heh.. Heheh... Hahahahah- Oh crap, there I go again.

If I want to turn my brain off for some pure FPS fun I'll play Serious Sam. If I want to have my dreams shat on I'll buy anther Battlefield title. Guess which I'm not going to do.

The Graphics are superb.

Yes, but they crank it back for MP including the player models and animations which is where it matters in Battlefield.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

The problem is Battlefield is no longer Battlefield anymore, it's been reduced to just another COD style clone with a dose of some Battlefield stuff.

- Flags clustered together.

- Invisible walls and out of bounds areas disallowing flanking

- Commo rose is pretty much broken and useless

- No VOIP

The amazing thing about Battlefield up to 2142 was the ability to effectively communicate without having VOIP enabled.

Little things like being able to say "Thanks" or "Sorry" by yourself via the commo rose is now taken over by automatic replies

It's more Call of Battlefield now