Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

got my a2 islands working in a3

Hi all thought i might share this sangin is working on A3 looks cool with the new clouds runs a lot smoother aswell frames at 60fps on ultra gfx settings before i used to get 30fps on a2.

all i did was make an addon folder same as normal then copy all thesehttp://i49.tinypic.com/w1wwzp.png (155 kB)

http://i49.tinypic.com/jr8pc1.png (156 kB) .pbo's from a2 and Expansion folder to the addon folder all vehicles work and weapons too cant use the units so place empty vehicles on terrain and enjoy all maps should work ones that use 3rd party addons just run the addon aswell

Quick image of waziristan http://i49.tinypic.com/1jsrip.jpg (189 kB)

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Nice one Smoke, can't wait to try out Sagin... sorry Hells Kitchen :P

Nice one smoke! We really need new islands. ok share the result of my work.

I started to make these islands a few days before, based on real/reparative GIS data.

They are called Diaoyu Islands, of China. Pictures are greater than 100KB, so click them.

The Diaoyu Islands aerial photographs and ingame screenshot

Bei/Nan Xiaodao Islands

One more

Two more

Diaoyu Islands

Huangwei Yu Island

Diaoyu Island coast

Viewdistance 12,000m,frame at 40+

May be the smaller pictures look better. The original ones are clear sawtooth.

But real-time game rendering is nice to me. Perhaps the picture quality are lost.

The following are close shot,Viewdistance 8,000m,average frame 30+.

Ingame close shot1

Ingame close shot2

Ingame close shot3

Ingame close shot4

Ingame close shot5

When BI released the new vistor tools, I might improve a bit and then released. Now Vistor use A3 objects/rock/plants are not correct.

My spec

E3 1230v2 | Gigabyte GTX560 1G | 8G DDR1600 | ArmA3Alpha on Samsung 830 SSD | Win7 64 home

Edited by fromz

@flax hi ya mate hope your all good the BRF have just got an a3 server top spec so jump on and catch up with the guys when you feel like it.

@ Rob no worries mate will do an a3 sangin using the new models so hold tight hope your doing ok mate ill jump on and see you soon

@fromz very nice looks like you have been busy too great job there.

to all the a2 islands work in game and oa if you move all related .pbo's for the islands i did notice 1 thing the game alters the rivers and makes them flat i can walk across sangins main river now waist deep so it messes with minimum terrain height for some reason but hay it ain't no game breaker.

:butbut: :butbut: :butbut:....oh my god...this is so freaking awesome...

You know what?..In your case I would start own thread, this work deserves a better knowledge from everyone interested... and also better feedback...your Islands wont be recognized as they should be, hidden in this thread...

@MemphisBelle

Thanks, but overrate. I think every people who making new island post here just need approval and constructive feedbacks from others.

I just want appreciate Smoke's fast work and use his thread to share mine.

I think we can use this thread to focus on all the WIP islands. It's good for saving forum resources.

Cheers

@MemphisBelle

I think we can use this thread to focus on all the WIP islands. It's good for saving forum resources.

I am good with this ;)

I don't know if it's "the ARMA 3 thing"..but those pictures looks amazing (..and based on Sat.data..) PRETTY accurate imo oO

fromz feel free to use this for any islands updates intel or know hows to help out for terrain creation for a3 i will be just unpacking the tools and ill be bang on it getting a3 into my existing islands.

@giorgygr lol love the sig

hello, good to see work of elite chinese modder from heibei

ok bye

Wow, Sangin was always second to none, and now in arma 3:shoot::unclesam:

Thanks Smokedog.:icon_dj:

Fromz! Amazing islands. Nice work! :slayer3:

Is there a way to get the map without the arma 2 pbo's because it turns the editor menus into a mess?

Well done!

Question:

* I have problem getting A3 clutter to show on map, grass.

* Nightsky look horrible, cant get the A3 nightsky to show up.

Any one?

Well done!

Question:

* I have problem getting A3 clutter to show on map, grass.

* Nightsky look horrible, cant get the A3 nightsky to show up.

Any one?

I have the clutter working, it took a few tweaks from ARMA2 setup, basically just copy what is in the Strats configs, there are more than one, and should all be combined, and make the changes to suit your island.

As for the night sky, i have a real issue with that, the stars look like they are about 1km about the surface, not billions or trillions of light years away as they should, like tennis balls in the sky.