Sign in to follow this  
TheDudeness24

Arma 3 PDW Pack.

Hi Guys, I'm new to the Arma Modding side of things, but i am currently working on a Personal Defense Weapon pack for Arma 3, I would like some feedback on my models themselves, and if anyone can, please link me a tutorial or guide for getting them into Arma, I have searched but to no avail, maybe I'm just being stupid.

p90V1_zpsd14240b2.jpg

This is my first model, WIP, it has a placeholder texture at the mo, more things needing to be added, it is currently less than 5k polys, what is the limit I can use on a model?

I am thinking of doing, the PDW-R, MP5 varients, UMP-45 etc, but my gun knowledge isn't huge, so what else could i add to the pack?

Thanks in advance guys.

Dudeness24

I dunno about the poly count. I want to say it was around 8k in A2, but I don't remember.

But as for guns, how about one of the most well-known PDW's of all time? The Uzi? :P

And if you need any help with guns of western origin, I can do my best to help ya!

Hi Guys, I'm new to the Arma Modding side of things, but i am currently working on a Personal Defense Weapon pack for Arma 3, I would like some feedback on my models themselves, and if anyone can, please link me a tutorial or guide for getting them into Arma, I have searched but to no avail, maybe I'm just being stupid.

<picture was here>

This is my first model, WIP, it has a placeholder texture at the mo, more things needing to be added, it is currently less than 5k polys, what is the limit I can use on a model?

I am thinking of doing, the PDW-R, MP5 varients, UMP-45 etc, but my gun knowledge isn't huge, so what else could i add to the pack?

Thanks in advance guys.

Dudeness24

So basically an SMG pack? Nothing wrong with that, but why not come up with a "future warfare" (however sci-fi, go wild!) SMG design to fit the future warfare theme of the vanilla game? :D

I'm offering whatever knowledge I can here as to nomenclature or picture links. :)

we need a KRISS Vector in the Pack if you ask me ^^.

MP5 sounds very good since that gun is still used all arround the globe by pretty much everyone. Also a nice would be the new SR-635 by Knights Armament.

And of course, the Beowulf as one of the most groundbreaking PDW there is.

If you have any questions about any firearm just ask, me and plenty of other people on the forum can help with almost anything ^^

I think KRISS Vector is done by BIS. I remember seeing images of it in game, plus there are entries all over A3A indicating future addition of Vector.

Nice P90. :D it would be great if you could make a "special edition" of every weapon you're making for divers. :)

Vespa from BIS has suggested around 10,000 triangles as a suitable upper limit to polycount for weapons, but that's not a hard limit (the engine will handle up to 32,768 points/vertexes).

If you can come in under that, like you seem to be doing; even better. Sensible use of LODs, and number of texture and material sections is as important as the polycount though.

So basically an SMG pack? Nothing wrong with that, but why not come up with a "future warfare" (however sci-fi, go wild!) SMG design to fit the future warfare theme of the vanilla game? :D

I'm offering whatever knowledge I can here as to nomenclature or picture links. :)

No, this thought process needs to stop. ARMA 3 is a military simulator, not a sci-fi game. People are seeming to forget that.

Anyways, moving on. It would be interesting to see some Eastern small arms make its way into this. Too often weapon packs are overly western.

The PP-19-01

pp19_1.jpg

picture-18-10.png

CZ SKORPION EVO III

skorpion_evo_2.jpg

CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1_zatisi.jpg

And because I think this is the sexiest piece of shit ever.

The FAMAE SAF

300px-DCB_Shooting_FAMAE.jpg

famae.jpg

Edited by Troubadour

No, this thought process needs to stop. ARMA 3 is a military simulator, not a sci-fi game. People are seeming to forget that.
Ahaha, ahaha, ahaha... "ARMA 3 is a military simulator, not a sci-fi game" sounds utterly pretentious every time I hear it, and if you think people are "starting to forget that", it goes all the way to the top with the devs who lately seem to have a different (a post-DayZ? :p) view of Arma 3 than the "simulator heads" do... I'm all aboard the "futuristic-looking sci-fi game" train, although "more Eastern guns" is a cool idea as well... I'd be way more welcoming to the other weapons besides the "SAE" though, I sincerely do not see any "sexy" in it at all compared to the others that you suggested.

By the way, the EVO 3 A1 was already done by BI for the 2011 iteration of Arma 3.

To TheDudeness34: if you're planning to make a MP7A1, any chance of it being a sidearm? Considering that there's thigh holsters out there for 'em, and seeing as the Mini/Micro Uzi "PDW" from A2 was considered a sidearm...

Edited by Chortles