I just bought a dedicated server, I've been hosting the most popular game types, wasteland, blitz 64, etc... The server is showing good Ping 70ms or less) for anyone who connects, however I'm not able to get anyone to jump on my server hardly.

Maybe there's an over abundance of servers for the playing pop? If anyone has any tips on driving traffic to your server, please do share.

most people who play this pvp game types wont join empty servers, so ive there is your with you in and another with 5 in, where would he go? :)

If your starting out, its always rough to get a new server populated. Have a good server name, and good ping and good missions. The Blitz missions always get good people filling in. Wasteland, not so much, but they do fill, but servers usually crap out / crash from it.

For server name, try simple, but funny, something catchy. Also maybe include where the server is at like " XXXX name - US East Coast" etc etc

Also if its just you trying to fill the server... uh... good luck. Especially if its PvP. Get a handful of friends and join it, and people will slowly join in. Than keep that up nightly to start to build a regular attendance.

Also though, yes. There is a slight over abundance of servers. But most are crap, or run off peoples PC being Host.