Sign in to follow this  
vredric

Wrong mouse acceleration in Alpha Lite

Hello,

I think there is a mouse issue in the Alpha Lite build. There is a terrible mouse acceleration even if it's off in the game settings. Furthermore, the X axis is twice sensitive than the Y axis even if they have the same value. I have tested the Full Alpha on the same computer and this problem is absent from it.

This will not help you with your problem, but can you please describe how you managed it to install the Alpha and Alpha Lite in pa rallel? And why?

This will not help you with your problem, but can you please describe how you managed it to install the Alpha and Alpha Lite in pa rallel? And why?

Good question.

Personally i just have the alpha lite and i have the same issue( X more sensitive than Y, and mouse accel even if disabled) , and i have negative mouse acceleration on top of that. So, so far it's no buy for me, unless someone can confirm it's a real bug.

Edited by Kaibz

Personally i just have the alpha lite and i have the same issue( X more sensitive than Y, and mouse accel even if disabled)
Same here !

agreed the mouse feeling in Alpha Lite, especially when playing with large aiming deadzone, is terrible

its not only an issue with lite. as i have Arma 3 Alpha Full and I have horrible mouse control. its nearly impossible to hit any targets. I have my mouse accel. all the way down in windows. and in game. still jumps around or doesn't even move at times.

find arma3lite.cfg , change GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000; to GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

Thanks! I was looking for that specific commandline(EDIT: Turns out I read that too quickly, but I found the equivalent for the full version file from looking in the same place.) but didn't know the file. Will the mouse acceleration be a priority any time soon or is that something for the beta?

Edited by Qbert
herpderp

Well Dwarden i tried your fix, and it changes absolutly nothing for me, Xsens is still twice more sensitive than Y but the real issue is still the negative moue accel which is a no go for me and trust me i tried every single setting in the controls and video options and i don't have any neg mouse accel issue in any other FPS.

Any idea when this might get fixed?

People are trying Alpha Lite before buying and the mouse controls are almost as horrible as in Arma 2. Negative acceleration and x/y sensitivity mismatch. You must understand this is not good for the game, right? It wasn't like this in the full version.

Any idea when this might get fixed?

People are trying Alpha Lite before buying and the mouse controls are almost as horrible as in Arma 2. Negative acceleration and x/y sensitivity mismatch. You must understand this is not good for the game, right? It wasn't like this in the full version.

huh?

they´re way more horrible than in ArmA2 :p

can I get your mouse hardware / OS version etc?

It's the same thing as in Arma 2. Everyone had it. It was a feature (a horrible one). It didn't matter what mouse you had.

Now it seems you forgot to update the input system in the Lite version or something. I played the initial full Alpha and the mouse was OK. Same settings in the options obviously.

So did you go back to the Arma 2 style mouse input or is this a bug in the Alpha Lite?

I play both ArmA2 and 3Lite with floating zone set to 0.2.

in A2 I can turn my char perfectly further when reaching 'edge' of floating zone;

in A3 this just isn´t possible: either your cursor won´t move any further (moving the mouse slow) when reaching edge or your cursor is all over the place (moving the mouse fast).

this makes targeting outside floating zone very hard...plz at least match mouse behaviour inside and outside floating zone.

cyborg R.A.T.5 here on win7 64

I'm still having the same problem as well. I've tried every config fix I can find and nothing has worked. All mouse movement of the character, steering wheel, etc. has about a one second lag from you moving the mouse till it turns on the screen.

The game is unplayable because of this. Its even worse than Arma 2.

Mouse movement is fine in the beginning menus. This happens when you actually get in game. Mouse movement works fine in other FPS games. Only in Arma is it bad.

I have an old basic microsoft laser mouse ( wheel mouse optical USB ).

Edited by Logan9773