Sign in to follow this  
seife

AI and

Hey there,

i am currently working on my first mission. Most of the creative work and adding tasks is done but some things need a solution.

1. For one objective my team has to clear an outpost. There's an hostage who should trigger the rest of the mission if he is alive. This works fine but I am searching for an solution for him to behave like an hostage of the present OpFors and if all are dead then he is freed and follows my team to base. There must be some usefull script for that... :D

2. Futhermore, the hostage is intended to give my team information for futher tasks. How can I make him talk (sure, text only)?

3. AI in buildings acts kinda strange. Like in open areals they lay down to the ground after some shots. Can I make them to use standing and crouch but not prone? Found it already before posting.

4. I am not very good with scripts. For placing OpFor in the two buildings of the outpost I use a script I found on the forums:

; Random Building Position Script v1.0 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops

; Just add [this] exec "buildingPos.sqs" to the init field of any

; unit and place it close to the house you want him to be in.

_unit = _this select 0

_house = nearestbuilding (_this select 0)

_x = 0;

while { format ["%1", _house buildingPos _x] != "[0,0,0]" } do {_x = _x + 1};

; unrem this line if you want to know the number of positions avaiable

;hint format ["%2: 0 - %1", _x-1, "Available positions"];

_x = _x - 1;

_unit setPos (_house buildingpos (random _x));

However, sometimes two or more guys are placed on exactly the same location which looks.... funny. Is there any way to check the positions if there already is someone?

These are my major issues. And excuse my English. :p

edit: Dang, started writing the title and didnt finish it later on.. :D

Edited by SeiFe

1. Why not have your hostage with a hold waypoint, set a trigger to complete once you clear the base, then set a waypoint for him to join the group of your ai / players.

2. You can do text only in various channels, for global chat give your hostage a name. In the trigger when you free him set a line in the act. field.

unitname globalchat "Go here do this"; 

4. Not sure on the scripting here, but you can try out the new sites module in the editor. It places ai in buildings and towers the only downside is that they are rather stationary. Goto modules, sites, place down an opfor, just set it to base and give the site a name. Set the building slider at the bottom to .9 or so and try it out.