Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Stuttering and bad performance with latest Dev Build Editions, Testing Thread

Vehicles are worse, because you have the cockpit rendered with shadows, mirrors etc. The update is great though, I actually play maxed out now with view distance cut to 2000. Haven't checked the FPS yet, but the game runs smooth a butter. Still I would love to be able to crank up the view distance. I have read that the guys making DCS (another simulation that has FPS problems when too many objects/AI hit the scene) are planning to go 64-bit exclusively to alleviate the problem - I wonder if that would work for Arma?

Vehicles are worse, because you have the cockpit rendered with shadows, mirrors etc. The update is great though, I actually play maxed out now with view distance cut to 2000. Haven't checked the FPS yet, but the game runs smooth a butter. Still I would love to be able to crank up the view distance. I have read that the guys making DCS (another simulation that has FPS problems when too many objects/AI hit the scene) are planning to go 64-bit exclusively to alleviate the problem - I wonder if that would work for Arma?

What are your system specs m8 and are you playing multiplayer or just in the editor.

My fps takes a bad hit on mp even with just 4 of my mates on a mission it will run around 50fps but then for no reason drop to below 10 then back to 50 around airstation mike on a mission I made, in the editor I can average 30 fps with me and 80 troops fighting on the runway and 40 to 60 with spikes up to 90 flying around on my own.

I don't have bad stuttering with the latest dev build

I'm a bit confused as to what Anisotropic Filtering causes such a performance loss. Any modern GPU should be able to handle 16x AF in any game these days. There should be zero performance loss from this feature (and I don't recall a performance loss for it in ArmA 2, either).

Stuttering Issue solved with new Dev Build, at least for me.

Dev Build runs really smooth now, even the helicopter showcase.

I really like the new UI elements and the new Debriefing style.

Job well done BIS

Thread can be marked as [sOLVED]

EDIT: Some people still seem to have stuttering issues, I guess mine were related to the missing sounds and BIS fixed that.

Edited by Tonci87

What are your system specs m8 and are you playing multiplayer or just in the editor.

My fps takes a bad hit on mp even with just 4 of my mates on a mission it will run around 50fps but then for no reason drop to below 10 then back to 50 around airstation mike on a mission I made, in the editor I can average 30 fps with me and 80 troops fighting on the runway and 40 to 60 with spikes up to 90 flying around on my own.

I have an i5 2500K@4,5, 8Gigs of RAM and a GTX680, My FPS stays above 50 most of the time with everything maxed out except for view distance which is cut to 2000, object view distance 1200 and shadow distance at 80.

Anisotropic stuff has always caused a performance hit, it's how the tech is designed, the difference is you do not see it in most games since they are not so demanding.