Sign in to follow this  
libben

Why does the server go down all time?

Since I started to switch to Dev in steam, I cant play more than a few minutes or at best 20-40 minutes, then server keeps krashing. Also happens when I play stable now and then.

Before the switch to Dev version, it was pretty rock stable for hours when playing.

Now it dies all the time. Memory overflow and whatnot? What makes the server crash these days, and I do play on all the popular wasteland servers? Pretty anyoing!

Edited by libben

Could be the mission file you are playing. Try playing a different mission file and see if you still get the crashing. If not the mission file may need to be updated due to minor changes in the dev build vs the "stable" alpha.

By crashing, what is crashing your connection to the server? your game locking up? You can try to check out the event viewer for crash related info. Are you monitoring your temps and usage levels to make sure it's not too high?

You should also go to the feedback tracker and search up your problem if none exist create one. If others experience the same issues it will get noticed and patched soon.

No, I mean the server goes down, and it happens on many of them.

Even on LPB servers with only 10 people on it and under 20 ms. Happens alot, really anoying. Getting that red chain and no messages recived happens ALOT these days. Was not happening before I did a dev switch.

Yeah, and I'm not questioning that.

Im wondering why it happens more often now even on stable. I would understand if it only happens when I was only on dev, but this keeps happening alot even on the stables now (I know its alpha, but it was way more stable first days before a switchero to dev version)

Does the server admins have any idea why? overflow in memory and so on? Any idea why and so on, cause it even happens on servers with hardly no people on it and like no AI and under 40 ms response time.

Ah because if you read the bug tracker at all you would know joining an alpha server while using the DEV build causes everyone on the server to turn into seagulls. It's likely server admins are just rebooting the server after you've ruined everyones fun to clear any lingering bugs.

Ah because if you read the bug tracker at all you would know joining an alpha server while using the DEV build causes everyone on the server to turn into seagulls. It's likely server admins are just rebooting the server after you've ruined everyones fun to clear any lingering bugs.

I'm pretty sure they not only rolled back that patch but also changed it so that users opted in to the dev built can't join standard alpha servers.

Edited by Fuse

I know all about the seagull problem and was one of the first one on every server to scream with CAPS everytime i turned into a seagull, DONT USE DEV BUILDS, they make seagull bug! it went something like that every fricking time I became a bird :)

Im gonna play heavy on stable now and rage everytime inside myself the servers goes down... And read the bugtracker again and again.