Sign in to follow this  
teacup

[H.AR.C] DM/CTF Minipack

Howdies! Here's my modest offering to the gods of multiplayer:

DM[14] - Air Station Mike - v1.1

DM[14] - Base Brawl - v1.2

Two free-for-all deathmatch missions, good for warming up before more serious gaming. Players spawn randomly, with random weapons, and get to have a go at eachother. There are no boundaries, players can leave the area if they wish, and take a walk on the island. But it's practicly impossible to camp out the fighting area from the outside.

scr1.jpg

CTF[16] - The Point - v1.1

No flags in Alpha? No problem. They're substituted in this mission by road cones masquerading as hats. Players have to fight their way to the enemy base, steal the road cone, put it on their heads and run back to their own base to gain points.

screens.jpg

Anyone remember "The Point"? The cartoon with Oblio and his cone-headed folks?

HARC_PvP_Minipack

HARC_PvP_Minipack (Arnaholic mirror)

Edited by teaCup

Changes:

- Missions work with Stable Alpha 0.54, they have been future-patch proofed to some degree.

- Minor cosmetic changes.

- Framerate optimisation, selectable terrain detail at start.

- DM: Simultaneous mission end dictated by server.

- DM: Configurable weapon sets at mission start: pistols only, rifles only, launchers only or everything. Weapon lists are dynamically compiled from config.

- CTF: Added more buildings and objects to Agia Marina, more cover. There's also more signs warning of killzones.

- CTF: Fixed animation bug for players featured in the intro.

- CTF: Added options to show friendly player locations on the map and also "flag" locations.

Edited by teaCup

How could i miss a road cone ctf? oO

Will try this later. How can you return the "flag" to your homebase? Do you have to kill the carrier and bring it back or will it "port" back, once you pick up the cone from the carriers dead body?

Predator.v2: After you killed the carrier, you need to find the cone on the groung (it's will stay there, even if the body despawn), look at on it, and you will get a scroll/action menu, that say "Return the cone" (or something like this). This action will "port" it back to it's original place/building.

We played all three missions today and i gotta say, they are funny. Nice deathmatch maps without anticamp scripts (i like the more tactically approach then CODing around).

And the CTF was also nicely balanced, although no team managed to get a single flag back to base. ;) I love the CTF intro. :D

Glad you liked it.. :)

Like mlacix said, when the flag(cone)-runner dies, the cone immediately falls off his head. Players can then pick it up again (to continue the run) or return it using the Action Menu (in this case it will teleport back, no need to carry it back). You have to search the spot where the guy was killed, look around and find the cone on the ground. Sometimes it will be hard to spot - you can check the map in these situations, there should be a marker pointing to it (if you didn't disable that option at mission start).

Also, if the enemy has your cone, and you have theirs, both sides can still score, unlike in usual CTF.

Edited by teaCup

We probably found a bug in the "CTF" mission, that couse all the "touches" score for the BLUEFOR side (The OPFOR touches too). The source of the bug is a class name change that happened in the latest A3 Alpha build by BIS. New, fixed version of the mission will be posted here in the next few days.

Changes:

Fixed - DM scripts were broken by latest Alpha 0.56.

Fixed - DM intro now covers all aspect ratios, triple screens, what have ya..

Fixed - CTF was counting flag touches wrong (bug introduced by a previous Alpha that went unnoticed).

Edited by teaCup

..steal the road cone, put it on their heads and run back to their own base..

That´s so effin awesome! :D

Just played "DM[14] - Base Brawl - v1.5" and a lot of kills counted as Teamkills?

That's my bad. When playing Base Brawl with other than the default weapon set (e.g. Pistols only, Launchers only or Rifles only), the scripts go bonkers again. It was a hasty edit on my part, missed a couple of lines, and before releasing it i only tested with default setting (All weapons).

I fixed it last night when we noticed the errors on our server and updated the ZIP file. Version number is still the same, but if you donload the pack again and overwrite the ones from 2 days ago, it should work fine.

Thanks for the bug report.

New version is out, fixed and expanded. It contains 2 new missions: a vehicle DM and a 20 player Sector Control.

HARC_PvP_Minipack