Ghost

Ghost Missions

Ghost,

Clarification on the find the container and return to base. What parking lot NW of terminal are you talking about? At the current base, I do not see a parking lot.

I see a drop off point with 3 crates on the south east side of the runway.

Thanks,

the drop off point is the location. Again Tanoa is a copy paste of Altis if thats what you were referring to.

ok, makes since now, after looking at altis.

Thanks again.

First of all, fantastic mission and we love to run the Tanoa version, really great job.

Now a question, when we have completed a mission, what triggers to get the next?

currently it need a restart of the mission to get a new one, but perhaps we do something wrong.

We run it on Dedicated Linux Server always latest release from B, no Headless client so far.

Any Idea what could be the reason?

You have to move away from AO whatever the designated area size is plus 500m. Which is usually around 1.5k. I have been noticing the mission having a hiccup now and then since last patch. For some reason a script is hanging up and wont finish even though all tasks appear to be done. If you see only some of the tasks then something broke. If it broke you can either restart or login as admin and press escape and use the debug console. I use one or both of these commands to finish and continue to next AO

{[_X,'succeeded'] call BIS_fnc_taskSetState;} foreach (player call BIS_fnc_tasksUnit);
[[0,0,0],10] spawn fnc_ghst_full_cleanup; 

Hello Ghost,

Thanks for your mission which is always the best CQB option in Coop. 

I had a question about the Takistan WIP variant : is it still stable post-APEX ?

What about ACE compatibility ? Should we remove BTC and add ACE module in the mission ?

If so, do you authorize us to unpack the pbo to do so ?

Thanks again,

Calden.  

On 2/22/2017 at 8:38 AM, GSRI_Calden said:

Hello Ghost,

Thanks for your mission which is always the best CQB option in Coop. 

I had a question about the Takistan WIP variant : is it still stable post-APEX ?

What about ACE compatibility ? Should we remove BTC and add ACE module in the mission ?

If so, do you authorize us to unpack the pbo to do so ?

Thanks again,

Calden.  

You can change as needed. Takistan was just a quick thing was trying long ago and have not touched it since. Dont plan on it either due to time. This last release was terrible because I missed so many things over and over that I thought were taken care of. My group mainly play on Altis and usually with RHS. I changed/tweak things too often to keep up with multiple islands supported. I am constantly trying to make it easier to just copy paste the mission files to another map and it should work. Some maps arent configured right though which causes problems. 

Yeah we saw that some of the WIP maps are configured with RHS included, which requires us to modify the source since we prefer to play with SMA + VSM. Good luck for your next publications then ! Don't hesitate to ask us if you need some testing in addition to the tests with your group. Currently playing on Tanoa version, which is very very very well optimized, good job Ghost. 

There is also an issue when starting the mission, the parameters can not be changed or only one parameter but it has no effect. I tried with altis and it worked well...seems to be related to Tanoa. 
But this mission is not the only one with that issue.

someone else who face this?

Hey Ghost,

we in our small gaming group love your mission, but wanted to go to Takistan with it. On the previous page you allowed it to others so I figured I'd be allowed to that as well.
Is that ok? I changed the Load Screen description to "Mission by Ghost, ported to Takistan by MrSniperPhil".

On the other hand I also changed some of the default base parameters to fit us better and to reduce changing the parameters (RHS activated, stamina activated, targets reduced to 1, etc.)
I also changed Basedefense and the enemy troops a little to help with balance and visuals (switched out some RHS units for others, etc.).

I hope that is ok as well.

Thanks again for the great mission!

Sounds good Sniper

Running Enemy Assault on a dedicated server and trying to add some extra planes to it.

Added A10, AV8 and F35 , only the F35 ( 3 variants) shows in the menu, before i edit the mission and try add them in is there a reason for that?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24582
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24168
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26840

Very cool mission its like Domination/CTI lite that can be tackled with a few players (running an 8man server) Only gripe would be the unexpected amount of reinforcements, you can clear an area and a 1 truck can come along or 3 jets or 4 choppers full of enemy. There doesnt seem to be a way to stop reinforcments or to limit the amount of them.

We cleared 3 missions and whilst extracting a container we got 3 jets, 3 choppers and 2 trucks. Later we cleared another area and got 1 truck.

Kdjac. Everything is random. I am working on a balancing the reinforcements so it never gets boring while trying to keep it from getting out of hand. Jets spawn randomly and patrol the island. reinforcement trucks should be limited and stop coming. It is dependent on the number of tasks. Adding new assets will be done in the various list scripts under script folder. Examples are shown how to do such thing.

Ghost I was wondering if it is technically possible to add a variable including NO reinforcements IF the communication system is down BEFORE we got spotted. Right now we are including this in the game master tasks to remove all the reinforcements manually so it's working for us but as I said, was just wondering ;)  

Calden - Im sure it is possible but time is limited for me. Also not every town has a tower objective. I may explore this when I have more time. Again In my WIP link posted many times I have the new Altis version in work with some changes including the frequency of enemy reinforcements. Tanoa has not seen the updates yet.

• Like 1

Spoiler

12:50:29 Error in expression < selectRandom _roads; 
_wppos = getpos _roadssel;
_dir = _wpstart getdir _wppos>
12:50:29   Error position: <_roadssel;
12:50:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _roadssel
12:50:29 File Ghost\functions\spawn\fn_ecounter.sqf [GHST_fnc_ecounter], line 54
12:50:29 Error in expression <st_rand_position;
};

_grp addwaypoint [_wppos, 10];
[_grp, _w] setWPPos _wppos;>
12:50:29   Error position: <_wppos, 10];
12:50:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _wppos
12:50:29 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 527
12:50:29 Error in expression <go _car1;

};

[_eGrp,_position_mark, _wppos, [_rad,_rad],_markunitsarray,["AW>
12:50:29   Error position: <_wppos, [_rad,_rad],_markunitsarray,["AW>
12:50:29 File Ghost\functions\spawn\fn_ecounter.sqf [GHST_fnc_ecounter], line 80
12:50:29 File Ghost\functions\spawn\fn_ecounter.sqf [GHST_fnc_ecounter], line 54
12:50:30 soldier[I_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
12:50:30 soldier[I_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
12:50:30 Error in expression <st_rand_position;
};

12:50:30   Error position: <_wppos, 10];
12:50:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _wppos
12:50:30 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 527
12:50:30 Error in expression <go _car1;

};

12:50:30   Error position: <_wppos, [_rad,_rad],_markunitsarray,["AW>
12:50:30 File Ghost\functions\spawn\fn_ecounter.sqf [GHST_fnc_ecounter], line 80

_man = _egrp createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:16:15   Error position: <createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:16:15   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
13:16:15 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 647
13:16:15 soldier[O_T_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:16:15 soldier[O_T_Soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:16:15 Dimensions in class O_static_AT_F should be an array of size 2.
13:16:15 O Charlie 2-5:3: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress
13:16:17 Error in expression < [0]] call BIS_fnc_param;

13:16:17   Error position: <createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:16:17   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
13:16:17 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 647

13:24:25   Error position: <createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:24:25   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
13:24:25 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 647

Getting these errors after update.

On 4/1/2017 at 5:14 AM, Jnr4817 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

12:50:29 Error in expression <st_rand_position;
};

12:50:29   Error position: <_wppos, 10];
12:50:29 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 527
12:50:29 Error in expression <go _car1;

};

12:50:29   Error position: <_wppos, [_rad,_rad],_markunitsarray,["AW>
12:50:29 File Ghost\functions\spawn\fn_ecounter.sqf [GHST_fnc_ecounter], line 80
12:50:30 Error in expression <st_rand_position;
};

12:50:30   Error position: <_wppos, 10];
12:50:30 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 527
12:50:30 Error in expression <go _car1;

};

12:50:30   Error position: <_wppos, [_rad,_rad],_markunitsarray,["AW>
12:50:30 File Ghost\functions\spawn\fn_ecounter.sqf [GHST_fnc_ecounter], line 80

13:16:15   Error position: <createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:16:15   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
13:16:15 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 647
13:16:15 Dimensions in class O_static_AT_F should be an array of size 2.
13:16:15 O Charlie 2-5:3: Getting out while IsMoveOutInProgress
13:16:17 Error in expression < [0]] call BIS_fnc_param;

13:16:17   Error position: <createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:16:17   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
13:16:17 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 647

13:24:25   Error position: <createUnit [_mansel,_spawnpos, [], 0, "N>
13:24:25   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
13:24:25 File Ghost\functions\fn_functions.sqf [GHST_fnc_functions], line 647

Getting these errors after update.

From my personal experience, these errors come from when mission is built where no roads in that area. 
Which map do you use? 

5 hours ago, magicsrp said:

From my personal experience, these errors come from when mission is built where no roads in that area. 
Which map do you use? 

Tanoa,

So how do I optimize this to find a road, because it is breaking the missions and not spawing some, which creates an issue when awaiting ghost to assign a new set of task.

Some villages for mission creation in Tanoa  have no roads or houses (or just 1 house) can be issued in Ghost mission.  For example, Sosovu island, they have many houses, but no roads. You need to edit some scripts for that case, like if (count _roads == 0) exitWith {}; or if (count _Buildings == 0) exitWith {};

11 hours ago, magicsrp said:

Some villages for mission creation in Tanoa  have no roads or houses (or just 1 house) can be issued in Ghost mission.  For example, Sosovu island, they have many houses, but no roads. You need to edit some scripts for that case, like if (count _roads == 0) exitWith {}; or if (count _Buildings == 0) exitWith {};

Awesome, what will this do exactly. How can I get it to move to another area?

I have a few questions if someone or Ghost could provide some answers.

i am currently updating my units version of Enemy Assault to the non beta version and i noticed you switched the vehicle re-spawn script to .FSM, our unit has a small number of vehicles with custom textures and while i know i can call on an .sqf in a .fsm. where in the ghst_vehrespawn.fsm could i put the execute so the setobjecttextureGlobals fire at the proper time?

Also i am attempting to remove the Nato Artillery Vehicles from the vic spawner and noticed you switched to using pushback for the arrays. i have had no success with various subtraction methods to remove them from the array....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

not related to my upgrade.

but would it be possible to have some count of Civilian Casualties now that they are also spawned in the AO with the tasks? like a if more than X are killed the task fails or some global notification is called?

4 hours ago, Thunder.B said:

I have a few questions if someone or Ghost could provide some answers.

i am currently updating my units version of Enemy Assault to the non beta version and i noticed you switched the vehicle re-spawn script to .FSM, our unit has a small number of vehicles with custom textures and while i know i can call on an .sqf in a .fsm. where in the ghst_vehrespawn.fsm could i put the execute so the setobjecttextureGlobals fire at the proper time?

Also i am attempting to remove the Nato Artillery Vehicles from the vic spawner and noticed you switched to using pushback for the arrays. i have had no success with various subtraction methods to remove them from the array....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

not related to my upgrade.

but would it be possible to have some count of Civilian Casualties now that they are also spawned in the AO with the tasks? like a if more than X are killed the task fails or some global notification is called?

Look at the Respawn box and you will see where you can add the textures. you can use deleteat command to delete stuff from an array. I thought about the civilian casualties being an issue but at this time I do not feel it is necessary.

• Like 1