Ghost

Ghost Missions

Hi first great mission am playing Tanona enemy assault no mods  but have a couple of problems,
playing on dedicated server.

1: after  doing a couple  batches of missions, Ai become friendlys .i have to reload the mission either by restarting server  or change to another mission then reloading your mission

2:how do i deploy the spawn tent ,no option

3:spawned planes face away from the airfield

i only have basic understanding of arma 3 files  and server admin

thank you

Edited by freddyflintstone
added to

4 hours ago, freddyflintstone said:

Hi first great mission am playing Tanona enemy assault no mods  but have a couple of problems,
playing on dedicated server.

1: after  doing a couple  batches of missions, Ai become friendlys .i have to reload the mission either by restarting server  or change to another mission then reloading your mission

2:how do i deploy the spawn tent ,no option

3:spawned planes face away from the airfield

i only have basic understanding of arma 3 files  and server admin

thank you

What spawned planes are you referring to? Spawned from the board or the call ins? I am unsure of the Ai and their assigned side issue but have not played much myself.figured its been ages since i have updated and would release what i have. Other than hiccups now and then the mission was pretty solid before the release. The respawn tent is deployed by the squad leader role and you would use the com menu 0-8 to do that.

Did a little hotifx to Tanoa Enemy Assault. Should fix the AI side issue im hoping. Started work on a slightly slimmed down version of the mission. Called Incoming Mission. 

Tanoa Enemy Assault V3n Hotifx

thanks for quick reply

spawned from the board they face the hill side not the runway

there is no squad leader in the lobby only team leader/group leader and another team leader at slots 11 and 12,so the com menu only shows 1 cargo drop  2 helicopter airlift  3 view distance  4 add designation battery

as to the Ai it all starts off ok at the missions they are hostile and show red on the map then after finishing the group of missions  a few times they become friendly and show green on the map the missions become a walk in the park no shooting ,i did notice the ai uniforms change when they become friendly. tried your Altis mission with no problems as such so far

thanks again for your help will try new pbo tomorrow

31 minutes ago, freddyflintstone said:

thanks for quick reply

spawned from the board they face the hill side not the runway

there is no squad leader in the lobby only team leader/group leader and another team leader at slots 11 and 12,so the com menu only shows 1 cargo drop  2 helicopter airlift  3 view distance  4 add designation battery

as to the Ai it all starts off ok at the missions they are hostile and show red on the map then after finishing the group of missions  a few times they become friendly and show green on the map the missions become a walk in the park no shooting ,i did notice the ai uniforms change when they become friendly. tried your Altis mission with no problems as such so far

thanks again for your help will try new pbo tomorrow

Like i said it was a quick copy paste from altis. We do not play the tanoa version really ever. So a lot of values are from altis, was rushed to post because I had things to do. Not a good excuse but thats why things arent quite right. Will post another edit in a bit

Hotfix Up for Tanoa version. Please let me know if I missed anything else. I hope it is good now. Sorry for the hiccups.

Tanoa Enemy Assault V3N Hotfix

• Like 1

thanks spawned aircraft facing runway now,AI even when icons on map are green they are hostile,but still no squad leader in lobby only what i had said before.as for the hiccups its not a problem, i am aware of most problems with mission building through friends,its much appreciated the work that you do,once again thank you

sorry Ghost finally figured it out, there is no squad leader but to place respawn tent you need to be uav operator it seems com menus is split between various members of the squad my bad

7 hours ago, freddyflintstone said:

sorry Ghost finally figured it out, there is no squad leader but to place respawn tent you need to be uav operator it seems com menus is split between various members of the squad my bad

Yea thats a typo. Its supposed to be the TL or SL

Both Altis and Tanoa have another tiny update. Removed some mod support and Tanoa TL should have the proper Com Menu items. Missions are also available on steam workshop My Missions

Edited by Ghost
UPDATE

Hey Ghost, thank you for finaly bringing V3 of Enemy Assault to us, I am allowed to modify and/or porting it to another Map ? Because the Base doesnt really meet the requirements of my Community ( too much Vanilla :P ) and we would really like to play on Takisten, Saharani, Chernarus etc so again, I`am allowed to do that? ( of course you will be credited as mission maker)

5 hours ago, Selvo Domenico said:

Hey Ghost, thank you for finaly bringing V3 of Enemy Assault to us, I am allowed to modify and/or porting it to another Map ? Because the Base doesnt really meet the requirements of my Community ( too much Vanilla :P ) and we would really like to play on Takisten, Saharani, Chernarus etc so again, I`am allowed to do that? ( of course you will be credited as mission maker)

That is fine

• Like 1

Hello ghost

My clan and I play a lot of enemy assault but since the new system of reviving we are going bad.

When the enemy shoots someone, he falls dead, there is no way he can get hurt and we can heal him.

Is there any way to fix this? We do not want to respaw all the time

Edited by Dan_fenix
bads

Ghost,

I just ran the newest update of enemy assault on tanoa. I am running no mods. I could not get the task to intiate regardless of how many I chose in the parameters. No error pop up either.

Thanks

I'm in the process of removing features, but I have the original Altis mission loaded on the server. The number 1 critique people make is that you can't revive, it is always an instant kill. In close second is the amount of time between available support in the 0-8 menu. I'll note that on a number of occasions the new tasks won't re-generate after a while, also sometimes the virtual arsenal option at base will become unavailable and the "halo" sign post will be completely missing. Any news on a lighter version? Thanks for all of your time and effort. 

12 hours ago, Dan_fenix said:

Is there any way to fix this? We do not want to respaw all the time

Comment out "HandleDamage" addEventHandler in initplayerlocal.sqf.

10 hours ago, magicsrp said:

Comment out "HandleDamage" addEventHandler in initplayerlocal.sqf.

I thought I had that commented out but it was a long time ago when I looked at it. I do remember the BIS Revive saving gear and stuff so I will have to look into it.

Ok I made some tweaks to both missions. Hopefully I got it all. Things hopefully will work better. My group uses RHS all the time so I forget to check vanilla sometimes or leave a mod param left on. Sorry about that. Didnt have time to test with people over multiple sessions but was able to reproduce most of what was said. I did comment out the handledamge but it was on another mission but i fixed that for enemy assault. I also made it optional for the convoys.

Ghost Missions

Tested last night on Tanoa and seems to be running well. I'd like to lower the amount of playable units to 16. Is there any issue with just deleting half of them or making them AI, as I see they are all given a variable name? I will be adding Duda's AIC and need about 16 AI to control by the humans players.

Thanks for your awesome work.

41 minutes ago, Jnr4817 said:

Tested last night on Tanoa and seems to be running well. I'd like to lower the amount of playable units to 16. Is there any issue with just deleting half of them or making them AI, as I see they are all given a variable name? I will be adding Duda's AIC and need about 16 AI to control by the humans players.

Thanks for your awesome work.

Should not be an issue

On 1/7/2017 at 3:59 PM, csk222 said:

I'm in the process of removing features, but I have the original Altis mission loaded on the server. The number 1 critique people make is that you can't revive, it is always an instant kill. In close second is the amount of time between available support in the 0-8 menu. I'll note that on a number of occasions the new tasks won't re-generate after a while, also sometimes the virtual arsenal option at base will become unavailable and the "halo" sign post will be completely missing. Any news on a lighter version? Thanks for all of your time and effort. 

What features have you removed and how?

I am really sorry but apparently my uploads to the ftp were messed up. They should be fixed now. Armaholic should have the correct ones sometime today. Also on workshop.

Hello Ghost, thank's for your mission it's very good job's !

But I have a  problem, when all tasks are completed the cleanup delete all, even our vehicles how to fix that please ?

4 hours ago, Royal Eagles said:

Hello Ghost, thank's for your mission it's very good job's !

But I have a  problem, when all tasks are completed the cleanup delete all, even our vehicles how to fix that please ?

You want the cleanup to not delete your vehicles? You can always spawn new ones. Id suggest when leaving the area to take them with you. Cleanup only happens when you get a certain distance away from the AO.