Ghost

Ghost Missions

Switching support to United States Air Force addon from Sab C130. Should make it more interesting with the new assets especially with ac130. Have to make a few changes and do some testing but maybe by next weekend I will release depending on how things go. So if you have tested the latest test versions and noticed anything now would be the time. I am planning on updating the player marker system.

WIP Missions updated 20150502 1046Z

Edited by Ghost

Switching support to United States Air Force addon from Sab C130. Should make it more interesting with the new assets especially with ac130. Have to make a few changes and do some testing but maybe by next weekend I will release depending on how things go. So if you have tested the latest test versions and noticed anything now would be the time. I am planning on updating the player marker system.

WIP Missions updated 20150502 1046Z

Hi Ghost.

I've been running your mission 2.9 for a long time. Great stuff !

I am now running your latest version 3.0. Got few problem but no show stopper. Take note that I modified a little your mission, adding few scripts, so if I report anything that you don't already know, or think it's impossible, it may be comming from my stuff, just disregards. But usually, I pay attention not to screw up things between scripts. I'm getting better at scripting Arma.

Here:

- Found that spawn tent is very fragile (spawned directly on it and it was destroyed), so I did _tent allowDamage false; in your respawntent script to fix this.

- also , the bis saveInventory / loadInventory seems broken, we sometime respawn without weapons, but backpack is ok... Tried many things, ...I even tried to spawn the code that wait like 7 seconds before calling the bis loadInventory with no success, still spawning sometime ok, sometime without weapons. I'm about to take the code from INS_Revive that was in 2.9 and use it to see if it is a problem with the loadInventory. I'll let you know the results. It so strange cause I think it's the function they use in Virtual Arsenal to Load/Save... so it should be ok... we use Virtual Arsenal without problem!

- Also Zeus did not have all the stuff editable (personal preference), so I added them after the random tasks creation. Not sure it's the best place.

- there is also a strange JIP problem with Tasks. Sometime when joining the server, we get no tasks, we see the red circles though, but that's all, pressing J = nothing. (I'll investigate this one later)

That's about it. If I find something that you may fix (that is 100% sure it's not me that messed up), I'll let you know.

Regards.

Holo

Edit: I tested with Aeroson's get_loadout Set_loadout from Enemy Assault 2.9 code (Naong's INS Revive script) and it does work. So still something with bis loadout script. I saw there was attempt at using it in 2.9, it's rem'ed out.

Edit2: Wrote too fast, I got the weapon problem even with Aeroson's loadout scripts. So it looks like the "SaveLoadout" at onPlayerKilled is sometime too late to take the loadout, and sometime, the weapon is already taken out of the player when it is fired. (for the revive animation?)

Edited by holo89

Hi Ghost.

I've been running your mission 2.9 for a long time. Great stuff !

I am now running your latest version 3.0. Got few problem but no show stopper. Take note that I modified a little your mission, adding few scripts, so if I report anything that you don't already know, or think it's impossible, it may be comming from my stuff, just disregards. But usually, I pay attention not to screw up things between scripts. I'm getting better at scripting Arma.

Here:

- Found that spawn tent is very fragile (spawned directly on it and it was destroyed), so I did _tent allowDamage false; in your respawntent script to fix this.

- also , the bis saveInventory / loadInventory seems broken, we sometime respawn without weapons, but backpack is ok... Tried many things, ...I even tried to spawn the code that wait like 7 seconds before calling the bis loadInventory with no success, still spawning sometime ok, sometime without weapons. I'm about to take the code from INS_Revive that was in 2.9 and use it to see if it is a problem with the loadInventory. I'll let you know the results. It so strange cause I think it's the function they use in Virtual Arsenal to Load/Save... so it should be ok... we use Virtual Arsenal without problem!

- Also Zeus did not have all the stuff editable (personal preference), so I added them after the random tasks creation. Not sure it's the best place.

- there is also a strange JIP problem with Tasks. Sometime when joining the server, we get no tasks, we see the red circles though, but that's all, pressing J = nothing. (I'll investigate this one later)

That's about it. If I find something that you may fix (that is 100% sure it's not me that messed up), I'll let you know.

Regards.

Holo

Edit: I tested with Aeroson's get_loadout Set_loadout from Enemy Assault 2.9 code (Naong's INS Revive script) and it does work. So still something with bis loadout script. I saw there was attempt at using it in 2.9, it's rem'ed out.

Edit2: Wrote too fast, I got the weapon problem even with Aeroson's loadout scripts. So it looks like the "SaveLoadout" at onPlayerKilled is sometime too late to take the loadout, and sometime, the weapon is already taken out of the player when it is fired. (for the revive animation?)

Very nice report thank you. I know about most of those but the jip task issue I do not recall that ever happening. I know about the tent destruction and wanted the ability to have the respawn destroyed but may change that. Placement of the tent is important to help prevent spawning and destroying the tent. I will be changing the saveloadout to happen before death. It is odd because when I first put in the arsenal save loadout it had no issues until very recently which is odd.

@Holo89 were you using the USAF mod when you encountered the missing main weapon?

No I use no mod, just scripts. I fixed it (I hope "for good" this time) yesterday using the HandleDamage event like Ins_revive was doing. Almost copy paste his part. Not sure though it is optimized, I kept the time+1 part to keep it from saving loadout for every bullets it gets (or other Dam we take while being shot). I'll put it in my prod server tomorrow and see how it stands the road.

All this because I (not just me) suspect that when using onPlayerKilled event, part of the equipment (like the weapons) are "sometimes" already removed so your body on the ground does not have a weapon for aesthetic reasons and probably not to be able to fire, which is the main spirit of revive system. But the timing seems to be in cause since it does not always have it removed. All this are hypothesis, so don't take it for cash right now.

I was hoping the update 1.44 would have fixed it but it was still bugging out yesterday after the patch. But the admin password was working back though, yeah!

Take note that I use the new weapon Cyrus the 9 dot something... Maybe it is related? Or not... I made my test using the same loadout from my arsenal ... Maybe I should give it a try with older equipments just to make sure.

To be continued....

Edit: I wonder if the order in the respawn template array is important, like if we put "revive" after the ghost template and not before like now,??? I'm at work and can't test, but as soon as I get home...

Edited by holo89

I was worried it was a script error from USAF causing the Dedi to hang, I have experienced it after placing a tent down and respawing on it but have not noticed it prior to deploying a tent is this the same for you?

It really seem to be randomly happening and only affects the main weapon nothing else in the loadout that I could see.

have you seen anything that triggers it to happen such as placing the tent down?

If it is the tent maybe its when it gets deleted when placing a new spawn tent down as a Squad Leader, maybe the removal of the tent should be set dammge to 1 instead of a delete?

For me the server doesn't hang.

The problem is just about the loadout at respawn. Like you, it seems to be mainly the weapons, the main and launcher too. And it happened while respawning on tent or at base too, so it does not seem to be related to the tent.

As mentioned, I think it's the way onPlayerKilled works. I seem to have fix the issue using ins_revive style, using HandleDamage event.

When I get home I will make more test.

Will let you know.

I tried tonight with an almost empty mission, and the respawnTemplate array with "revive" at the end of the array, using Bis SaveInventory/LoadInventory to see if I get the same behavior.

It seemed to fix it (when revive at first, was bugging, when revive at the end, I respawn with my weapons) *until* I tried the same in the Ghost - Enemy Assault mission, which has more stuff, and is probably more intensive on CPU, and even if the revive string is at the end of the template, it still respawn me without the main weapon and launcher.

So I revert back to "HandleDamage" event with the Bis SaveInventory/LoadInventory and it does work.

I tried to look at the BIS code to find the reason why but I could not find the "revive" script. It is either crypted or does not begin with revive or respawn. I found the MenuInventory and MenuPosition though. Anyway, this alternate method is working.

So Ghost, it is safe to go with HandleDamage as there does not seem to have any alternative right now, unless someone found something else?

Regards.

Thanks for digging around and tying out new things, when I talk to ghost next Ill mention it to him if he hasnt seen your post yet.

Hey Ghost, are you still developing Enemy Assault?

Hey Ghost, are you still developing Enemy Assault?

Yes I am. Things have slowed down a lot but many changes await those who are patient. I have very little time these days but I am trying to finish the new version.

UPDATE 20150718

Just updated the WIP 3.0 Enemy Assault. Getting closer to a Public release version but I am waiting for recent patch issues to get fixed.

Edited by Ghost

Hi Ghost

I m using Enemy Assault since few weeks now and would like to make some changes for my partners.

I would like to know if there is a way to restrict some vehicles or aircraft from board list and how to do it.

I have tried to edit aircraftlist.sqf like this to test :

_vehicleList = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","B_Plane_CAS_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_03_F"];
_namelist = [MH-9 Hummingbird,AH-9 Pawnee,AH-99 Blackfoot,UH-80 Ghost Hawk,UH-80 Ghost Hawk (Camo),A-164 Wipeout (CAS),CH-67 Huron];

but without success. :rolleyes: (i did it with and wihtout quotes too)

There is something more to do ?

Thanks by advance

Hi Ghost

I m using Enemy Assault since few weeks now and would like to make some changes for my partners.

I would like to know if there is a way to restrict some vehicles or aircraft from board list and how to do it.

I have tried to edit aircraftlist.sqf like this to test :

_vehicleList = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","B_Plane_CAS_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_03_F"];
_namelist = [MH-9 Hummingbird,AH-9 Pawnee,AH-99 Blackfoot,UH-80 Ghost Hawk,UH-80 Ghost Hawk (Camo),A-164 Wipeout (CAS),CH-67 Huron];

but without success. :rolleyes: (i did it with and wihtout quotes too)

There is something more to do ?

Thanks by advance

The format for the board is:

_vehicleList = _vehicleList + [[_wCName,_wDName,_wPic,_wDesc]];
_namelist = _namelist + [_wDName];

//lines 14 - 22 of aircraftlist.sqf 
_wCName = configName(_vehicle);
_wDName = getText(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "displayName");
_wModel = getText(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "model");
_wType = getNumber(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "type");
_wside = getnumber(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "side");
_wscope = getnumber(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "scope");
_wfaction = getText(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "faction");
_wPic =  getText(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "picture");
_wDesc = getText(configFile >> "cfgvehicles" >> _wCName >> "Library" >> "libTextDesc");	

you could use this as an example. Any way you do it the format has to be the way listed. Beyond line 22 you can modify or remove as required. 

//Add Huron Containers
		if ((_wCName iskindof "Slingload_01_Base_F") && !(_wCName == "Slingload_01_Base_F")) then {
			if !(_wDName in _namelist) then {
				_vehicleList = _vehicleList + [[_wCName,_wDName,"",_wDesc]];
				_namelist = _namelist + [_wDName];
			};
		};
  • Like 1

Hello. I have enjoyed your Enemy Assault mission for a very long time - Thank You!

I want to make a "Lite" version of this. I want to remove extra features such as any mod options, weather options, vehicles, respawn, etc. - anything that doesn't have to do with enemy units and task creation.

I want to add to my personal missions mainly the created tasks/units (No Side Missions) at the randomly generated AOs. What are the files/scripts associated with that part of the mission and what markers/game logics etc. need to be present in the editor?

Thank you for any information you may provide.

Hello. I have enjoyed your Enemy Assault mission for a very long time - Thank You!

I want to make a "Lite" version of this. I want to remove extra features such as any mod options, weather options, vehicles, respawn, etc. - anything that doesn't have to do with enemy units and task creation.

I want to add to my personal missions mainly the created tasks/units (No Side Missions) at the randomly generated AOs. What are the files/scripts associated with that part of the mission and what markers/game logics etc. need to be present in the editor?

Thank you for any information you may provide.

Most everything is a function and some refer to others. You would need to modify the init files for the most part. anything that refers to the scripts folder, most of the addactions and addcommmenuitem can be commented out or removed. You will also need to modify the description.ext. most everything under functions folder I would leave alone.

I love the Enemy Assault mission, congratulations.

Thank you. I have not been able to work on it in a while but hope to have something for release officially in the near future.

I want to add to my personal missions mainly the created tasks/units (No Side Missions) at the randomly generated AOs.

I have been able to achieve most of what I wanted.

What I'm working on now:

I still haven't been able to disable the "Side Objectives". How can I remove the side objectives from the random objective pool, but still be able to create a side objective from the "AdminMode" Menu whenever I choose. - (Don't know if that will make sense). If that is not possible in the way I explained it, how do I get rid of the side objectives altogether?

What I want to look into next:

Which are the files that control the amount of enemy that spawn when an objective is created? Which are the files that control the amount of enemy that spawn for reinforcements?

Would it be possible to add a task marker (carrot that gets checked off when a task is complete) for each individual objective? for example individually for the suitcase/intel, the kill commander, rescue hostage, destroy device, etc.

These are things I haven't gotten around to, but will appreciate anything you can explain to advance my understanding and exploration of the mission.

Thanks.

I have been able to achieve most of what I wanted.

What I'm working on now:

I still haven't been able to disable the "Side Objectives". How can I remove the side objectives from the random objective pool, but still be able to create a side objective from the "AdminMode" Menu whenever I choose. - (Don't know if that will make sense). If that is not possible in the way I explained it, how do I get rid of the side objectives altogether?

What I want to look into next:

Which are the files that control the amount of enemy that spawn when an objective is created? Which are the files that control the amount of enemy that spawn for reinforcements?

Would it be possible to add a task marker (carrot that gets checked off when a task is complete) for each individual objective? for example individually for the suitcase/intel, the kill commander, rescue hostage, destroy device, etc.

These are things I haven't gotten around to, but will appreciate anything you can explain to advance my understanding and exploration of the mission.

Thanks.

Side objectives are called from the fnc_ghst_full_cleanup inside the fn_functions.sqf file located in functions folder. Its at the end of the function.

Enemy numbers are defined near the beginning of the fn_randomobj.sqf and fn_sideobj.sqf located in the functions\objectives folder.

reinforcements are handled at the end of the fn_randomobjectives.sqf and fn_sideobj.sqf files during the loop.

All tasks are checked as completed or failed under separate tasks during the mission.

Hay Ghost, im using your Mission since, i dont know since i started playing Arma ^^ (its great and I as a sripting noob now "train" scripting with your mission, thank you for the script). Now i´m expirienced (dont now if this word existing) enough to build missions and actually I run a Public-Server with a Mission based on youre script. Now i found some interesting stuff in your script, called Side Missions. But i haver never seen one of these in Game. ( I played enemy assault 100 Hours maybe ) but never see one of these. What can i do? I have the Enemy-Assault mission from Armaholic (V2.9).

Hay Ghost, im using your Mission since, i dont know since i started playing Arma ^^ (its great and I as a sripting noob now "train" scripting with your mission, thank you for the script). Now i´m expirienced (dont now if this word existing) enough to build missions and actually I run a Public-Server with a Mission based on youre script. Now i found some interesting stuff in your script, called Side Missions. But i haver never seen one of these in Game. ( I played enemy assault 100 Hours maybe ) but never see one of these. What can i do? I have the Enemy-Assault mission from Armaholic (V2.9).

Thank you for playing. Glad you enjoy the mission. The side missions right now are simply the clear area objectives. Like clear Ghost Hotel or Clear Military Base. They are the areas where a town does not exist. I would like someday to expand on this. Also please try the V3 WIP mission that gets updated now and then.

http://www.ghost.armaholic.eu/ArmA3/WIP/enemy_assault_co36_v3n.Altis.pbo

Thank you i will try it :) but i have to say i used a heavy (by my own) modified version (vanilla Spawn to work with ace for example) i hope this version is combatiple with ace :D

Ghost we have enjoyed playing your mission on our server, excellent work.

Tried the download link but not working for me.

Ghost we have enjoyed playing your mission on our server, excellent work.

Tried the download link but not working for me.

Glad you are enjoying the mission. Link works for me. Try right click and save as maybe. anyone else having issues?

When I open or download it I get a HTM file, not sure what I do with this as was expecting a PBO file.