Ghost

Ghost Missions

Is there a way to decrease the rate and number of the reinforcements?

Especially when you have a relatively low player count and you are on the last task this can cause some serious problems. Player will often find be pretty much locked inside the target area unable to do anything exept to fight the reinforcements that just keep coming.

This is something that I would like to improve but at the moment I do not have the free time or the will power. Right now I have a loop checking for all tasks being finished and inside that loop I have a check for number of enemy alive. When below a set number alive and another condition true then the reinforcements come. I know this is too often and would like to change the way it is handled. Next update will hopefully have a better system.

That sucks a bit.

Also the reinforcements that drop in via parachute, often just fall out the heli without opening their parachute.

how can we disable revive system completely cause we want to use the cse medical ? is it possible ? maybe an param for disabling the revie sytem completely or a param for cse mod like agm...

Hi ghost, getting a line of ghost spammed in my rpt, heres the rpt message:

4:53:09 Error in expression <_x;
_as = _x;
if (!isNil "_av" && alive _av) then {
_as setMarkerAlphaLocal 1;
_>
4:53:09   Error position: <_av) then {
_>
4:53:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: _av
4:53:09 File C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\[GHST]Enemy_Assault2.Altis\functions\fn_functions.sqf, line 53

Basically when you locate that error its this:

_as setMarkerPosLocal getPosASL _av;
		_as setMarkerTextLocal (getText (configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _av) >> "displayName"));
	} else {
		_as setMarkerPosLocal [0,0];
		_as setMarkerTextLocal "";
		_as setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;
	};
} forEach ghst_vehicles;
};

Whats wrong with this, that i get it spammed in my rpt 50+ times?

Hi ghost, getting a line of ghost spammed in my rpt, heres the rpt message:

4:53:09 Error in expression <_x;
_as = _x;
_>
4:53:09   Error position: <_av) then {
_>
4:53:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: _av
4:53:09 File C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\[GHST]Enemy_Assault2.Altis\functions\fn_functions.sqf, line 53

Basically when you locate that error its this:

_as setMarkerTextLocal (getText (configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _av) >> "displayName"));
	} else {
	};
} forEach ghst_vehicles;
};

Whats wrong with this, that i get it spammed in my rpt 50+ times?

I have seen that error as well. Basically the variable _av is not always known and the engine gives an error for undefined variables. I put in a check in the new wip version.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

how can we disable revive system completely cause we want to use the cse medical ? is it possible ? maybe an param for disabling the revie sytem completely or a param for cse mod like agm...

The revive system is INS Revive so some adjustment would be required. To use a different system look at the AGM example or other parameters to see how they are used. If you "No Revive" that should disable the revive option. But the INS System will go into a spectator mode. You would have to remove the INS System completely from the mission to eliminate potential problems with other systems.

I have seen that error as well. Basically the variable _av is not always known and the engine gives an error for undefined variables. I put in a check in the new wip version.

Ok, is there a way i can update my existing mission as i have an old version of Enemy assault i had edited alot and play alot.

Ok, is there a way i can update my existing mission as i have an old version of Enemy assault i had edited alot and play alot.

Replace lines 1- 47 in enemy_assault_co36_v3n.Altis\functions\fn_functions.sqf with this:

//player tracking markers
ghstMarkerPlayers = {
private ["_i","_ap","_as","_x"];
{
	_ap = missionNamespace getVariable _x;
	_as = _x;
	if !(isNil "_ap") then {
		if ((alive _ap) and (isPlayer _ap)) then {
			_as setMarkerPosLocal getPosASL _ap;
			_as setMarkerTextLocal name _ap;
		} else {
		};
	} else {
	};
} forEach ghst_players;
};

//vehicle tracking markers
ghstMarkerVehicles = {
private ["_i","_av","_as","_x"];
{
	_av = missionNamespace getVariable _x;
	_as = _x;
	if !(isNil "_av") then {
		if (alive _av) then {
		} else {
		};
	} else {
	};
} forEach ghst_vehicles;
};

Nice work Ghost :)

Edited by Aymen

Hello Ghost,

thats a very nice mission and there are very challenging enemies.

unfortunately I havent see the MG positions on buildings. looking forward to it !

Edited by kOepi

Doing some testing on using RHS Escalations mod in the mission. Right now I have it set to detect and automatically switch enemy and friendly assets to RHS stuff. Should I make this an mp param like the other mods or leave it on autodetection. I am also waiting for the patch too see what needs to be changed/adjusted. Thank you for your patience and for playing.

I think either way is just as good, having a parameter gives you the manual option to choose the mod but with the auto if you dont have it running and decide

to play then you dont have to manually do anything.

So probably auto detection I'd say.

If you add a parameter then you will need to add all the classnames from the mod to the units list, less work for the same benefit with autodetection.

I think either way is just as good, having a parameter gives you the manual option to choose the mod but with the auto if you dont have it running and decide

to play then you dont have to manually do anything.

So probably auto detection I'd say.

If you add a parameter then you will need to add all the classnames from the mod to the units list, less work for the same benefit with autodetection.

I still have to add all classnames manually which is done. I can automatically collect the classnames but putting them where they belong is another matter.

I see, ok, well either way, dont matter to me, just having the option there is a plus in itself.

Hi Ghost! You did a great job!

We play your mission in our game community, with little changes.

Recently, we have begun to alter your mission to play for the opfor side.

In this regard I have for you a few questions.

1. Do you use GitHub or anything else in development?

2. We have created a project on GitHub and remake your mission in it for the needs of our community. In your mission to me it is hard to figure out where I need to change. But most of the work we have done and our mission works. Do not you planning to do version for opfor?

4. Are you planning to make a multi-language version? If so, with the Russian language, we are ready to help you.

Hi Ghost! You did a great job!

We play your mission in our game community, with little changes.

Recently, we have begun to alter your mission to play for the opfor side.

In this regard I have for you a few questions.

1. Do you use GitHub or anything else in development?

2. We have created a project on GitHub and remake your mission in it for the needs of our community. In your mission to me it is hard to figure out where I need to change. But most of the work we have done and our mission works. Do not you planning to do version for opfor?

4. Are you planning to make a multi-language version? If so, with the Russian language, we are ready to help you.

I am glad you all are enjoying the mission. I am working out some things since the new patch. I want to make sure What I have is working then I will make an opfor version. I have very little time these days unfortunately but I am hoping to release nato and opfor version with option to use RHS within a few weeks. That is if all goes well. I take some input now and then from my friends and people on the forums but I mostly just work on the mission by myself local copy only. I have WIP version on my ftp if you would like to see what I have so far. Bare in mind its WIP and some things arent finished or may not work at all. http://www.ghost.armaholic.eu/ArmA3/WIP/ . I might do some multi-language support eventually but for me that is very low priority.

Thank you! I got it.

Success in work!

Edited by Tabenkov@yandex.ru

Thank you! i got it.

Success in work!

Just did a update again to WIP. Using the BIS revive, Squad Managament systems now. Hopefully in future they will allow for more customizing. Also JTAC and UAV can deploy remote deignators via 0-8 com menu

How about integrating ACE3? What you think about that?

That will not happen for a while. I want a more complete package first. I am sure that eventually my group will want ACE3 and I will do it then.

If anyone has the time or would like to test what I have so far and report any big issues that would be very much appreciated. I always have things I would like to do/change/improve but not enough time or it is too complicated to do at this time. I believe what I have right now is pretty much what I plane on releasing soon. I just have not been able to test everything fully. Nato version has been played a lot but some new features like the new revive system and respawn tent deployment have not. Opfor version has almost no testing done and its possible to have some issues. Again thanks for playing.

Changelog:

-Made OPFOR version playing as csat fighitng Nato and AAF

-Removed Raven Lifter support as it is not needed now

-Removed Nimitz Carrier

-Removed Slingload

-Removed VAS

-Removed AGM support

-Removed INS Revive system

-Revive and respawn is now using the BIS systems

-Added Team leader can deploy a respawn tent

-Added BIS Group Management

-Added RHS Escalation option in MP Params. Mod has to be on server or option will not be valid

-Added Ghost Hotel as a side objective location.

-Added Zeus

-Added Cargo drop Support for all players. Players can now call in air drop of chosen vehicle. Delay is 30 mins. If C-130 mod is used then that will be the transport

-Added Remote designator call in for JTAC and UAV operators. face the direction you want the designator and call it in.

-Converted spawn dialogs into functions

-Added JS FA-18X to the list of spawnable aircraft when the mp param USE JS FA-18 is selected.

-Removed Xeno Squad Management

-Adjusted mission to use new helicopters

-Separated Mod jets into different categories: SU35, FA18 and FA18X can be turned on and off individually

-Added action to "clear Obstruction" for the Bobcat support vehicle to clean up airfield as necessary

-Added Huron Containers to aircraft spawn point, Ammo and Cargo containers will have virtual arsenal

-Changed TAW View distance for CH View distance

-Adjusted Halo

-Changed vehicle spawn dialog backgrounds to better show icons

-Adjusted cargo drop

-Fixed paradrops

-Improved ieds. You can now disarm ieds

-Changed C-130 to Sabre C-130 variants

-Fixed issue with tracking markers not showing blue color or names

-Added Firewill FA16C to spawn list if enabled in mp params

-Increased number of alive enemys for "Clear" objective to complete on side missions

Enemy Assault co36 v3 Nato

Enemy Assault co36 v3 OPFOR

If anyone has the time or would like to test what I have so far and report any big issues that would be very much appreciated. I always have things I would like to do/change/improve but not enough time or it is too complicated to do at this time. I believe what I have right now is pretty much what I plane on releasing soon. I just have not been able to test everything fully. Nato version has been played a lot but some new features like the new revive system and respawn tent deployment have not. Opfor version has almost no testing done and its possible to have some issues. Again thanks for playing.

Changelog:

-Made OPFOR version playing as csat fighitng Nato and AAF

-Removed Raven Lifter support as it is not needed now

-Removed Nimitz Carrier

-Removed Slingload

-Removed VAS

-Removed AGM support

-Removed INS Revive system

-Revive and respawn is now using the BIS systems

-Added Team leader can deploy a respawn tent

-Added BIS Group Management

-Added RHS Escalation option in MP Params. Mod has to be on server or option will not be valid

-Added Ghost Hotel as a side objective location.

-Added Zeus

-Added Cargo drop Support for all players. Players can now call in air drop of chosen vehicle. Delay is 30 mins. If C-130 mod is used then that will be the transport

-Added Remote designator call in for JTAC and UAV operators. face the direction you want the designator and call it in.

-Converted spawn dialogs into functions

-Added JS FA-18X to the list of spawnable aircraft when the mp param USE JS FA-18 is selected.

-Removed Xeno Squad Management

-Adjusted mission to use new helicopters

-Separated Mod jets into different categories: SU35, FA18 and FA18X can be turned on and off individually

-Added action to "clear Obstruction" for the Bobcat support vehicle to clean up airfield as necessary

-Added Huron Containers to aircraft spawn point, Ammo and Cargo containers will have virtual arsenal

-Changed TAW View distance for CH View distance

-Adjusted Halo

-Changed vehicle spawn dialog backgrounds to better show icons

-Adjusted cargo drop

-Fixed paradrops

-Improved ieds. You can now disarm ieds

-Changed C-130 to Sabre C-130 variants

-Fixed issue with tracking markers not showing blue color or names

-Added Firewill FA16C to spawn list if enabled in mp params

-Increased number of alive enemys for "Clear" objective to complete on side missions

Enemy Assault co36 v3 Nato

Enemy Assault co36 v3 OPFOR

Cheers fella. Me and my friends will give V3 NATO a go tonight.