Ghost

Ghost Missions

Just converted almost all my scripts to a function system. Still need some tweaks but all is working and so far server performance has seen massive increase and players report better performance overall. I cannot say when I will release but I am working very hard to try and bring a almost bug free version with some extra goodies.

Sounds promising Ghost, we use your missions and scripts quite heavily!

Hey Ghost,

ever thought about using github for this mission?

I'd gladly help out.

Hey Ghost,

ever thought about using github for this mission?

I'd gladly help out.

I actually have not thought about that. I have just been busy with real life stuff and have not been able to do more extensive testing. We have been playing the new version a lot and it seems like everything is good to go. Just need to sit down and finalize a couple of things and then release. Any suggestions are welcomed and I will take into consideration.

This version works perfectly on our dedicated server, thanks.

As comment, the letter of some menu action that is 1.5, would look better to 1.2

When acitvating AGM, no one without AGM should be able to join. Its horrible if someone without agm join and the medic stuff is useless to them.

AGM prevent instant death didnt work

Would be cool if HighEnd Stuff in Arsenal / VAB just appear when already some task are finished (main target?). In Citys some civilians, when too many get shot maybe some disadvantages for the players (to prevent blind bombing runs)?

Anyway, good work as always, we played your mission almost too often ;)

Nimitz and c130 not showing up with mods installed and turned on in parameters on dedicated server.

Is the server running the mods as well as all clients?

I would check the rpt file for clients and or the server. My group plays with all the mods on and have no issues. The nimitz will be marked on map in the SW and the C130 should be on the ramp at the airfield.

I would like to add civilians but they will take up more resources and the mission is already somewhat demanding. It would be nice for BI to update the dynamic civilian modules but even that has its limitations.

Edited by Ghost

Hmm perhaps disable ai if no player is in 4km radius? Or cache them (even artillery would miss then miss). Did you try around with DAC or ALiVE?

The issue is not when we are away but when we are in town. Having groups of civilians running around a long with enemy might be too much for the game to handle well. I might look into added a couple of civilians but at this time I am taking a break. I wanted to put more features and changes into the mission before release but became unmotivated lately and have a bit of mission block going on. I am not interested in DAC or ALIVE personally. They are great systems but demanding and will not work well with what I have already. I am also wanting to do away with all 3rd party scripts for a number of reasons and have all scripts be my own. But as mentioned I am taking a break and will look into it at a later date. As of now most everything should work well as my group has played for many hundreds of hours with very few issues.

We're having the issue (it was the same with 2.8) that from a certain point (20-40min) enemies start being able to take more and more hits before they die. We're using @AGM & @taskforceradio. Server FPS are at 50 fps. This seems only to happen with the Enemy Assault Mission.

We're having the issue (it was the same with 2.8) that from a certain point (20-40min) enemies start being able to take more and more hits before they die. We're using @AGM & @taskforceradio. Server FPS are at 50 fps. This seems only to happen with the Enemy Assault Mission.

I too have noticed this the couple of times I have played since last ArmA 3 patch. I think it is something to do with the patch and or AGM. I do not alter the enemy in any way other than skill settings which have not changed in a long time. If you can pinpoint it more or have an rpt log that might show something please let me know.

Hi Ghost, been a while,

one question how can I add some more vehicles that get spawned in the mission when the mission starts or a town gets populated?

Hi Ghost, been a while,

one question how can I add some more vehicles that get spawned in the mission when the mission starts or a town gets populated?

Those functions are in the \functions\objectives folder and will be the fn_sideobj or fn_randomobj files look for the lines

_enemy_house = [45,35];

_enemy_patrols = (3 + round(random 2));

_enemy_squadsize = (3 + round(random 3));

_enemy_vehicles = (3 + round(random 3));

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Unfortunately I do not see any errors that would be causing the slow downs. I know the last couple of ArmA 3 patches really destroyed the performance and caused a lot of little bugs. Combination of that and AGM most likely is the cause but I cannot confirm this. The server is running faster now right? So things should be working better but the random slow downs I cannot explain. If I find out something I will let everyone know but as of now no issue with the scripts/functions are present.

I tried this mission, last version 2.9, and is very nice, but i found one conflict with AGM mod. I tried with this mod only, and without mods.

Inside the mission, the chat text messages of repairing services for example, not run. If you try with other addons (DrongosArtillery, TOG_JTAC), the chat messages not appear.

Chat of players work, but chat of addons or scripts not work (try Repair Pad for example).

I opened this ticket in AGM Github web.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1234

UPDATED:

This conflict is caused by AGM_NoRadio.pbo, and is already fixed in the new 0.94 version, thanks commy2.

Edited by Legolasindar

I am going to be removing some of the supported mods from the mission. Right now I am removing Raven Lifter since it will not be needed soon and I am also was thinking about removing the Nimitz and the CH-47 as well. Any thoughts on those?

Dont think it would hurt anything, not like no one can edit the mission and readd them themselves if they wanted them back in there.

Dont think it would hurt anything, not like no one can edit the mission and readd them themselves if they wanted them back in there.

This is true. Nimitz seems to be dead and various patches are causing more errors with it. Ch-47 is nice but has issues as well and we will have our own chinook with the game soon.

Hmm true that lifter and ch47 is not needed anymore. but it would be cool to have a AGM only mission. this mixed medic stuff is not good, dont work that good as we had several issues. AGM only offers all to have, no need for a revive script. As we play only AGM, this would be cool. just use the modules there, it gives several options.

an idea would be bwmod, FA18 Black wasp and task force radio? :P

Hmm true that lifter and ch47 is not needed anymore. but it would be cool to have a AGM only mission. this mixed medic stuff is not good, dont work that good as we had several issues. AGM only offers all to have, no need for a revive script. As we play only AGM, this would be cool. just use the modules there, it gives several options.

an idea would be bwmod, FA18 Black wasp and task force radio? :P

The mission supports AGM via the mp params. Just adjust the params as needed and make sure you set the "use AGM Medical" to the "use" option. It works fine for us. What problems were you having with it? I have no plans to add further support for task force radio. I do have a line in the init.sqf "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;" so people do not automatically swap out backpacks for radio packs. I have added the FA18 wasp and it will be in the next version. I am trying to keep the mission one version for ease of editing. I do not have much free time these days to be editing a bunch of missions.

Is there a way to decrease the rate and number of the reinforcements?

Especially when you have a relatively low player count and you are on the last task this can cause some serious problems. Player will often find be pretty much locked inside the target area unable to do anything exept to fight the reinforcements that just keep coming.